Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Does anyone actually think Tielemans would start for any of the "top 4"? 

I don't. I love the guy but I do think we are kinda his level. He could be part of those squads, no doubt, but a key player? Not sure. As we did with Mahrez, we persist with him through moments of poor form etc. because we know it only takes a split second for him to show how good he is. 

I think the fact he's not signed yet is more a lack of interest and the fact his agent is trying to make him available to those clubs, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up signing a new deal due to lack of offers - much like Mahrez did summer 2016. Might get messy after that though if interest soon follows a new deal. 

He’s definitely a top 4 player. Contracts should be simple to sort out but for some reason there not. Give him a pay rise put a figure in your happy to let him go at and what’s resealable if he doesn’t want to sign it sell him in the summer. 

23 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don't. I love the guy but I do think we are kinda his level. He could be part of those squads, no doubt, but a key player? Not sure. As we did with Mahrez, we persist with him through moments of poor form etc. because we know it only takes a split second for him to show how good he is. 

I think the fact he's not signed yet is more a lack of interest and the fact his agent is trying to make him available to those clubs, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up signing a new deal due to lack of offers - much like Mahrez did summer 2016. Might get messy after that though if interest soon follows a new deal. 

I think he'd be a good replacement for Pogba but I couldn't see him getting in Liverpool or Man City team. He doesn't seem to have the engine for that.

Can't see Pogba signing a new contract at Man Utd while Ole is there. Hope they sack him off by Christmas and get Zidane in, which might be enough to convince Pogba to sign a new deal. Would be hard to take seeing Youri in a Yanited shirt with all those plastic c***s idolising him.

Fair enough. I mean, the club definitely should have handled the situation better. We should’ve offered a tempting contract to him when we sat were comfortably in the top four. 

I can’t begrudge the bloke though, he has been sensational and the goal in the FA Cup final puts him in Leicester City folklore forever. He’s evidently an ambitious and driven guy and we just can’t offer what other clubs can, I would not be surprised to see him captain some of the best sides in Europe in years to come. 

Luckily for us, we should still coup a decent fee and there are other options out there. Players like Guimares and Aouar would be good and are similar players to YT. 

Just got to enjoy him whilst we can I think, he’ll be a player that City fans will talk about for years to come. He really is that good.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think he'd be a good replacement for Pogba but I couldn't see him getting in Liverpool or Man City team. He doesn't seem to have the engine for that.

I think that this point is more about playing styles as opposed to natural ability, no?

He would probably struggle in high-press teams but would look ridiculously good at a side like Bayern Munich / Real Madrid.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It'll be £50m in the summer for him, cruel as he's worth £80m but it's still a damn site more than we'd get a year later.

I think he'll sign a new deal if we get Champions League, because I think Top would 1) pay him our first real "big club" wage, and 2) strengthen the team to really compete (i.e., no repeat of 2016 window.) In addition, he knows he would be starting and not warming a bench 

It'll be a big ask, given the horrid start, but we aren't that far off 4th, and if things click, we have a shot at the Europa League title.

I don't think he is necessarily off, but I do think he will be playing for a CL club next year 

Think he’d be a decent fit for Madrid tbf, with Modric and Kroos both the wrong side of 30. Whether they’d want him and he’d be prepared to potentially rotate a bit more is another matter.

Alternatively think he’d do very well at any of the top Italian teams, and would get in all of those teams imo. As above, the only premier league side I could really see him at would be United if they shift Pogba, but I’d rather he went abroad and to a top top side at that.

Just got to hope enough sides are interested so we can get a decent fee with only a year left c. £40mil+

53 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Did you mean to quote me?

I did, my point is I think youri would stay if we'd matched his ambitions, but we haven't, so it's partially the clubs fault but on the flip side I don't think the club could realistically be in a place to match youris ambitions, not yet anyway. Ot may have been different if we'd have got 4th

3 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Dont forget hes first pick for Belgium and we can pay him top money , 2 games a week at the top level,if f he and family are happy then why not stick.

Because he could move to another team and still be first pick for Belgium.

Because he could move to another team and still get paid top money.

Because he could move to another team and still play 2 games a week at the top level.

Because his family could be just as happy somewhere else.

• Like 1

The fact that he hasn't signed the contract probably means that he has already sorted out his future with things like salary and contract mainly known. 

You don't think his agent has been in constant dialogue with other clubs and listening to what they are offering and working on his next move?

Suitors will know his salary expectations appearance levels etc. 

Can’t begrudge Youri moving to a top champions league club. He deserves to be playing in those competitions.

I think we’ve brought Soumare in to replace Youri long term though. They aren’t the same type of player but he could be moulded into something similar with more physicality. He’s certainly box to box like Youri but need’s to develop in the final third.

Similar to how we done with Maguire and Soyunucu, although are negotiating stance will not be strong enough to get a huge fee unless there’s a bidding war. Could see Youri running Bayerns midfield for sure.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Hope you are right with that last sentence.

2 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Fair enough. I mean, the club definitely should have handled the situation better. We should’ve offered a tempting contract to him when we sat were comfortably in the top four. 

He knows what he is doing. He signed a four-year contract so he would be in this situation. I think he knows that being in the top 4 in January isn't being in the top 4 at the end of the season. I don't think he will sign anything before the summer unless 1) we offer his a huge, huge, huge amount of money; 2) we get Champions League; or 3) no CL club makes an offer for him in the summer (I think he would sign rather than ride out his contract, especially after the club let Gray rot when he did the same thing.)

But like everyone else, I don't begrudge him a move if he wants it: He has earned his keep.

• Like 3

So there are rumours he could go to Man Utd or Real Madrid or Barcelona but if those 2 teams want to get back to being what they once were I'm not sure Tielemans is the answer. He's a great player and I hope he stays but to me it's the equivalent of Barcelona signing Luuk De Jong, looked great at PSV and Sevilla but Barcelona was just reaching a little too much.

19 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

So there are rumours he could go to Man Utd or Real Madrid or Barcelona but if those 2 teams want to get back to being what they once were I'm not sure Tielemans is the answer. He's a great player and I hope he stays but to me it's the equivalent of Barcelona signing Luuk De Jong, looked great at PSV and Sevilla but Barcelona was just reaching a little too much.

I genuinely believe he'd be a star at any of those clubs, I honestly believe he's that good. I think he'd more than hold his own at any club.

I really hope he stays as I love the man but it's just not going to happen is it?