Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s come in, signed a 4 year deal, helped us finish in Europe back to back seasons and scored the winner in the FA Cup final, we really have been done up like a kipper haven’t we. 

not really going on him am I. He will either be at a super club next summer or our highest paid player with a reasonable release clause. Compare to Mahrez who jumped on the new contract when it was offered to him and got frustrated in what was a protracted saga. Youri and his representatives have done well.

38 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

He's played us like a fiddle. Fair play. He'll be sitting pretty by the end either way.

What an earth are you talking about?

Rodgers has absolutely rinsed him these last 2 years. He played 68 games last season for club and Country, that must be up there with the most in Europe.  

At this rate he will be playing league 2 in his early 30s because its unlikely his body will sustain that. 

He loves the club and loves the fans but it's a short career (even shorter the way brendan and martinez use him) and he wants to maximise his earning potential for his young family so has kept his options open and not signed as is his right. 

4 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

when you've seen the club fail to hold onto players on a level of Mattock and Stearman and that seemed a big deal at the time, i cant begrudge the Tieliemans of this world a move !

.....very disappointed when Stearman went.....Mattock was a nasty taste in the mouth and just sorry that we had this quality on our books, and he was acting out!!!

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

No doubt about that in terms of quality, but when you look at competition for those places within those clubs and also how they play, I'm not sure who he'd suit. As above, Man U if Pogba leaves is the obvious one, but if we finish 5th again and have a good go at EL and defending the FA Cup, I could see him possibly signing an extension. 

I could see him at Utd if pogba goes and he could replace Henderson at Liverpool but they don’t pay top wages so that would be a stumbling block. Hopefully he’ll sign an extension it’s a shite thing to do to a club that’s given him so much if he doesn’t.

These are only ...Mixed IMO..

# Cant See him going to any English Club

# Except L'pool

# He s Designated & designed for a Top European club,but not necessary the obvious

# Top clubs knew he was young, & were Happy to see him mature elswehere ( Leicester )

# many regional fans und UK Single Minded Pundits fail to see the European Football Big picture on potential future investments...

# Tielemans Laid back style of play, was still iffy, for the Big boys, they were Happy to sit back, Mark down & wait...Like on other players.

# In other examples of other Class players,who have proved their potential, they will lay down the high asking price.so 68mil+  and more is on..

# Covid-football business, will Show some of its hard-effects around Late 2022-2023....Some clubs it will be bad,others will Ride it..

# No Need For either him or club to worry when/if he signs.. Media-clickbait to get fans Chasing their own ass & Media to earn Money on that noise.!

# He could sign a 4 year Contract in December 22, but still leave in Summer Transfer window 23..

# so ...done & Served this Club well, while also building his own Football CV..  No complaints my side on his duties.I

#Love him to do A Vardy & stay...And further develope  the Leicester story...

#He still would earn Drop-Dead money, just Not that ridiculous risen from the Dead money...

# again IMO the  above last 2 points , would only have credence & prudence, if we Qualify for the  CL..

# He goes, I will be very disappointed, But LCFC ...also seen Kante, Mahrez,Maguire, Chilwell,Fuchs Move on, But we kept getting to results & performances.

#LCFC Story ...Never ends..

4 hours ago, dynamark said:

Dont forget hes first pick for Belgium and we can pay him top money , 2 games a week at the top level,if f he and family are happy then why not stick.

Because he could play for a top club that wins trophys every year.

• Like 1

I’d only ever be annoyed if he went to Newcastle (which he clearly won’t). But I would like us to get a decent return for him, and the contract issue will only scupper that, unless we try and shift him on in January. However, I think him stalling will simply make suitors minds up, they will sit tight and see how he does and then make a move once his contract is out. 

37 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Because he could play for a top club that wins trophys every year.

Just like we are going to start to do....and have...FA.cup last season, Charity Shield beginning of this season..

With the Added bonus, of being Part of Vardy's party, & the ever on going Leicester Story..

Too many Andy Cap Pessimist on FT...:ill:

The Dawn of Everyday is a New beggining..So an optimistical fanatic, Happy clapper, enjoying the whole Happy-clapper journey,

Never worries, panics ,or feels the need to go into Weekly melt down, or feels that anxiety, to go OTT on every players occasional misemdeavours,

Or Chasing blindly their mistakes or Mixed form....

over Any given season, there will be twists n turns, Overlay of 5-6 game periods where the present form, Shows us some degree & Form of tendencies.

Whether we are relegation candidates, midtable, Top 8-5th, or competing regularly & achieving top 4 ( Not yet attained & still far off)..!

We will lose our Top Star performers....

One lives in Hope Not anxiety, on the hopes, that 1-2 might Play & stay for ...to realise THE Story..& to Keep it running, with the odd Trophy success.

But Tielemans will decide his own path...There or no must,should, descision on his or our timing..

So far he s been his worth & served us will, and no reason Why he shouldnt further do so, until that decision is eventually papered, either finally or

just until the future season's Happy go round...

14 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

£30m would be quite useful when looking for a replacement, would it not? I think losing valuable players for free is the last thing we need. The cash generated from player sales is perhaps the main reason we've been able to compete with the giant clubs over the last couple of years.

Youri has known what he wants all along. The club not necessarily so. What if Youri hasn't told anyone? It's in his interests to keep the club guessing. Please don't start blaming the club for something that could be completely outside of its control.

It's naive to suggest the club don't know. In fact its more than naive.

The £30mil is a last minute fee if it went to the end and we were clutching at straws.

LCFC would totally be to blame in losing a player sale of £100m+ and letting said player potentially go for nothing instead. 

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal and Spurs got in to this situation and it becomes a nightmare. Once you have to find the funds to replace players with nothing to offset it against then it makes bringing in other additions to strengthen the squad even harder too when on a budget like we are. Then you start to regress, not to mention the said player that runs their contract down seldom has a good final season anyway.

Exactly, totally agree. Arsenal and spurs in particular over the last 5-7 years and whacked players on staggered contracts, made poor signings especially alter-egos in arsenal's case and at the end of the day they've got themselves into situations where they shouldn't, and the resulting problem is that players on high salaries have complete autonomy to say whatever they want and whenever they feel their club has treated them poorly. 

I don't beleive that that's us, but I do beleive that we have let that happen in youris case. There are a number of ways of attempting to negotiate with Tielemans contract and if it's true that we've failed (*iff), then youri needs to stop patting that badge on his shirt whenever he scores. In his shoes it makes no odds for him for example to sign a bumper 1/2 year contract extension and to still get what he wants. 

I'm trying to factor in geographics and agents fees etc into all of this and on geographics - he has a settled family, definitely won't move. Agents - yes. Money 💰.  Yes. Signing on fees. Yes. 

Again, it's not going to be so easy to sell him if that's what we decide to do.  Most of the clubs who could afford 40 million-plus aren't going to see him as a first-team player.  It's complicated both for us and Youri, in terms of what he wants for his career.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Again, it's not going to be so easy to sell him if that's what we decide to do.  Most of the clubs who could afford 40 million-plus aren't going to see him as a first-team player.  It's complicated both for us and Youri, in terms of what he wants for his career.

I disagree, he actually has really good defensive stats for such a good progressor of the ball, and can easily see him in a midfield two at 'Yanited' when Pogba leaves at the end of the season.

The Liverpool link has always been an odd one for me he lacks the legs to get around the pitch like their 3 in midfield do.

He'd be far better than Pogba in that central midfield role, purely because he's more disciplined and willing to do the dirty work for the sake of the team.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Really? I'd say he's definitely better than players in his position at Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham. Not to mention Newcastle!!

• Like 1

On 21/10/2021 at 18:28, Sharpe's Fox said:

Offer him half price to any foreign side. Can't stand the thought of him bossing the midfield against us for Manchester United or Liverpool

The thing is, we do know his game.

Press the bejesus out of him, get Vardy to call him fat etc :D

• Haha 2

TBF it doesn't matter who he goes to as long as we command the highest fee we can for him. The big 4 will always take our best players and that's not going to change apart from now there's Newcastle in the mix too. 

Obviously I hope he stays but he's always been open about not tying himself down to Leicester city and that's ok.

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The Youri love is strong now, everyone who matters would rip our arms off for the money we paid for him. I'm hoping for 50-60, but I guess it is his form this season will be the key, and perhaps also the amount of cash the Spaniards have in the summer.

If he rips it up against the top sides, his stock will be high enough to encourage a bunfight. If he gets pressed out of existence, you might be closer to the truth than me.

13 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Yep. If we get him out the country we've done well. Effectively having our hand forced to sell him to Manchester United is a worst case scenario imo

I thought that after his goal. :D Bodes well for the other marquee games this season, and for the level of fee.

27 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Like others I don't see the Liverpool link. Can't imagine Klopp playing two midfielders who don't run with Youri and Thiago.

Certainly hope not . There has been quite a bit of guff on different sites from Liverpool fans who seem to think they could and should get him for around £30 mill I should know better than read it ;) 

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really? I'd say he's definitely better than players in his position at Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham. Not to mention Newcastle!!

I'm sure a lot of Leicester fans would say he'd start for any club in the world.