Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Again, it's not going to be so easy to sell him if that's what we decide to do.  Most of the clubs who could afford 40 million-plus aren't going to see him as a first-team player.  It's complicated both for us and Youri, in terms of what he wants for his career.

He'd get in Man Utd's and Liverpool's starting XI and would likely start nearly every game. At Man City and Chelsea I think he'd be part of a rotation like they do with many of the world class midfielders.

With the strength in depth we now have in our squad there are, for me, only three names that would automatically be on the team sheet in the PL. Kasper, Vardy and Youri. Of those, only one is out there in all the cups etc, he is that essential to us. He is the one that makes us tick and when he is off it we struggle. Unless we adapt our style or find a straight replacement we need to do everything possible to convince him to stay. If his mind is made up that he wants to move on, which personally i do not think it is, then it is time for us to start making the transition by playing him less in order to develop our other options. The problem then is that that could affect potential buyers perception of his worth (eg by asking why he is out of favour).

11 hours ago, UHDrive said:

It's naive to suggest the club don't know. In fact its more than naive.

The £30mil is a last minute fee if it went to the end and we were clutching at straws.

LCFC would totally be to blame in losing a player sale of £100m+ and letting said player potentially go for nothing instead. 

How exactly is it naive? Are you seriously suggesting it's not possible that Youri would keep his cards close to his chest? If he wants a move away, but is also quite happy to see his contract out here first (which I think looks the likeliest possible situation), what does he stand to gain from letting the club know his intentions? There's also the possibility that he hasn't even made his mind up yet. How could the club possibly know what Youri wants if he doesn't even know himself?

£30m beats £0, doesn't it? If you're seriously saying you'd rather let him go for free than sell a year before for £30m, then you're essentially suggesting you'd pay £30m for a one-season loan of (a less-than-motivated) YT. Does that really seem like good value to you?

How would the club be to blame if no-one's making any offers?

10 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Exactly, totally agree. Arsenal and spurs in particular over the last 5-7 years and whacked players on staggered contracts, made poor signings especially alter-egos in arsenal's case and at the end of the day they've got themselves into situations where they shouldn't, and the resulting problem is that players on high salaries have complete autonomy to say whatever they want and whenever they feel their club has treated them poorly. 

I don't beleive that that's us, but I do beleive that we have let that happen in youris case. There are a number of ways of attempting to negotiate with Tielemans contract and if it's true that we've failed (*iff), then youri needs to stop patting that badge on his shirt whenever he scores. In his shoes it makes no odds for him for example to sign a bumper 1/2 year contract extension and to still get what he wants. 

I'm trying to factor in geographics and agents fees etc into all of this and on geographics - he has a settled family, definitely won't move. Agents - yes. Money 💰.  Yes. Signing on fees. Yes. 

And you're calling me naive!

How do you know there's any wriggle-room left in negotiations? We may have already offered more than we realistically could afford to, and he may have already rejected the terms.

Of course it makes a difference to him if he signs an extension! He's far less likely to get the transfer he likely wants.

If you think a settled family will stop him signing for a Real Madrid or a Bayern Munich, you need to think again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

These are only ...Mixed IMO..

# Cant See him going to any English Club

# Except L'pool

# He s Designated & designed for a Top European club,but not necessary the obvious

# Top clubs knew he was young, & were Happy to see him mature elswehere ( Leicester )

# many regional fans und UK Single Minded Pundits fail to see the European Football Big picture on potential future investments...

# Tielemans Laid back style of play, was still iffy, for the Big boys, they were Happy to sit back, Mark down & wait...Like on other players.

# In other examples of other Class players,who have proved their potential, they will lay down the high asking price.so 68mil+  and more is on..

# Covid-football business, will Show some of its hard-effects around Late 2022-2023....Some clubs it will be bad,others will Ride it..

# No Need For either him or club to worry when/if he signs.. Media-clickbait to get fans Chasing their own ass & Media to earn Money on that noise.!

# He could sign a 4 year Contract in December 22, but still leave in Summer Transfer window 23..

# so ...done & Served this Club well, while also building his own Football CV..  No complaints my side on his duties.I

#Love him to do A Vardy & stay...And further develope  the Leicester story...

#He still would earn Drop-Dead money, just Not that ridiculous risen from the Dead money...

# again IMO the  above last 2 points , would only have credence & prudence, if we Qualify for the  CL..

# He goes, I will be very disappointed, But LCFC ...also seen Kante, Mahrez,Maguire, Chilwell,Fuchs Move on, But we kept getting to results & performances.

#LCFC Story ...Never ends..

Not so sure those hashtags will catch on in social media land fella!!

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

How exactly is it naive? Are you seriously suggesting it's not possible that Youri would keep his cards close to his chest? If he wants a move away, but is also quite happy to see his contract out here first (which I think looks the likeliest possible situation), what does he stand to gain from letting the club know his intentions? There's also the possibility that he hasn't even made his mind up yet. How could the club possibly know what Youri wants if he doesn't even know himself?

£30m beats £0, doesn't it? If you're seriously saying you'd rather let him go for free than sell a year before for £30m, then you're essentially suggesting you'd pay £30m for a one-season loan of (a less-than-motivated) YT. Does that really seem like good value to you?

How would the club be to blame if no-one's making any offers?

And you're calling me naive!

How do you know there's any wriggle-room left in negotiations? We may have already offered more than we realistically could afford to, and he may have already rejected the terms.

Of course it makes a difference to him if he signs an extension! He's far less likely to get the transfer he likely wants.

If you think a settled family will stop him signing for a Real Madrid or a Bayern Munich, you need to think again.

It's all irrelevant to be honest. It's been going on too long and it's too near to his contract running out for their to be any chance of him agreeing to an extension. Situations like this can also have a knock on effect within the first team as well.

That's just my opinion. However in the circumstances we should've cashed in on a move last year (although granted, it would've probably meant a move abroad with the big 6 player stock and finances). 

I think he'll ask to leave at the end of the season for a nominal fee. If so, I'd urge the club, with my previous comments, to say no for the reasons I've said.

I believe the club are doing all they can to convince him to stay but we'll always be at a disadvantage with our status as a challenger and the resources compared to other clubs. We've been very fortunate that other huge players in Vardy and Schmeichel have been happy to stay and build a legacy here- it's not the norm.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It's all irrelevant to be honest. It's been going on too long and it's too near to his contract running out for their to be any chance of him agreeing to an extension. Situations like this can also have a knock on effect within the first team as well.

That's just my opinion. However in the circumstances we should've cashed in on a move last year (although granted, it would've probably meant a move abroad with the big 6 player stock and finances). 

I think he'll ask to leave at the end of the season for a nominal fee. If so, I'd urge the club, with my previous comments, to say no for the reasons I've said.

It's easy to say we should have cashed in last year in hindsight, but there may well have been no-one offering what he was worth to us, and it also may have appeared as though there was a good chance of him signing a new contract at the time.

I think Youri could be looking to leave on a free for the lucrative signing on fee from his next club. LCFC will obviously want to avoid that and will probably be looking to recoup as much as possible in the summer.

The player doesn't really have a say in the transfer fee. Depending on the offers we get, I think it's best we sell. I only say depending, because, obviously, it wouldn't be worth selling if the only offers we get are insulting. He's not going to be at his best if he knows he's out the door at the end of next season, and we're not really in a position to forego a decent fee. Even £20m added to the budget would be very useful, but I'm sure he'll fetch more than that.

Cant believe some people actually think theres even the slightest chance of him going to Newcastle 😂😂. He’ll want to leave to be playing at the highest level (Champions league) and competing for trophies year in year out. Newcastle at best are about 5 years off that nevermind if they get relegated (hopefully) this year. 

• Like 4

How’s this for a theory seeing as everybody else seems so keen on conjecture.

Youri and the club have already agreed that he will sign a new four year contract at the end of the season unless a specified, foreign, club(s) make a bid to both the club and Youri’s satisfaction. BUT, both have also agreed to keep this private, as due to how lucrative it is, the club do not want to let other players, who’s contracts are also due up soon, to be able to try and get more. Also, in Youri’s favour in return, it may encourage said clubs to keep their interest and tempt them into trying their arm, at which point Rudders does his thing and rinses them.

ok so it’s a bit far fetched but stranger things have happened. The point is only the parties themselves will really know what is going on. There are a hundred and one reasons why Youri hasn’t signed yet and it could simply be a case that he himself doesn’t know what he wants to do yet.

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Just like we are going to start to do....and have...FA.cup last season, Charity Shield beginning of this season..

With the Added bonus, of being Part of Vardy's party, & the ever on going Leicester Story..

Too many Andy Cap Pessimist on FT...:ill:

The Dawn of Everyday is a New beggining..So an optimistical fanatic, Happy clapper, enjoying the whole Happy-clapper journey,

Never worries, panics ,or feels the need to go into Weekly melt down, or feels that anxiety, to go OTT on every players occasional misemdeavours,

Or Chasing blindly their mistakes or Mixed form....

over Any given season, there will be twists n turns, Overlay of 5-6 game periods where the present form, Shows us some degree & Form of tendencies.

Whether we are relegation candidates, midtable, Top 8-5th, or competing regularly & achieving top 4 ( Not yet attained & still far off)..!

We will lose our Top Star performers....

One lives in Hope Not anxiety, on the hopes, that 1-2 might Play & stay for ...to realise THE Story..& to Keep it running, with the odd Trophy success.

But Tielemans will decide his own path...There or no must,should, descision on his or our timing..

So far he s been his worth & served us will, and no reason Why he shouldnt further do so, until that decision is eventually papered, either finally or

just until the future season's Happy go round...

True but more leaning towards Champions League glory, even constant Champions League football which at the moment we don’t even offer him. There’s also the fact that he could double his wages at other top European sides. I hope he’s not greedy in that sense and that he sees the bigger picture here on our growth as a club.

12 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Neither outcome would surprise me here. Just wait and see… 

I think people underrate the external factors in footballers’ decisions. Is he happy here? I think very. Is his family happy? None of us know this. Does he have a mortgage, schooling, friendship groups etc. Would not surprise me at all if he signed a contract here on big bucks. 

He’s arguably too good not to play CL, so ambition alone could see him move (you could say the same about Vardy). Though the grass isn’t always greener, and he plays that well in our setup. No guarantee elsewhere… didn’t work for him at Monaco, and doesn’t show it for Belgium as well as here. All these guys are full of self confidence though so not sure this would cross his mind. Happens time and again though, players work well in a specific system get too big for their boots then flop their careers at a “big club” and sit on a bench for ages. 

Agree totally. A huge career and personal life decision for the guy to stick or twist so don't blame him for stalling, annoying as it is for us supporters. 

Either way, fully respect whatever decision he makes as he's been a fantastic servant to us.

Unless he signs for Man U, in which case he's dead to me

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I do think it's becoming an issue with him not saying what his intentions are.

It leaves us quite unsettled as a club and team. If he's still negotiating with a view to staying then that's ok. But if he's just taking his time we might have to make the decision for him.

Don’t think so, we can still do successional planning right up to the point of making an offer.

Guest Danny Clender
2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don’t think so, we can still do successional planning right up to the point of making an offer.

Yep, episode 2 tonight