Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

I've been in 2 minds as to what I want to happen, but you've convinced me. I also think he'll go for more than 30m as a lot of clubs will be after him and the likes of Newcastle and Man united have a lot to prove and will drive up the price. I don't know how much money the big European clubs will have, but if Newcastle are throwing 60-80m at us for him, then Liverpool or Man City will have to match that, or at least come closer to it regardless of the time left on his contract.

No chance would he go to Newcastle (not for however many years it takes until they are actually competing anyway), he is a smart guy

He already showed when he chose us over waiting for Man Utd he isn't going to chase money, he will know he is better off going to a bigger team who can compete now

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

No chance would he go to Newcastle (not for however many years it takes until they are actually competing anyway), he is a smart guy

He already showed when he chose us over waiting for Man Utd he isn't going to chase money, he will know he is better off going to a bigger team who can compete now

Of course but Newcastle throwing silly money at him will drive the price up for other clubs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Of course but Newcastle throwing silly money at him will drive the price up for other clubs.

Possibly but Newcastle wouldn’t bid anyway unless they knew they could get him to join, which they would know before any potential bid

No chance of him joining means no bid being made anyway

Makes me laugh. He's probably the most gifted player ever to play for us. Arguably Mahrez and Cambiasso can rival him.

Anyone think of anyone else in modern times?

Vardy is the greatest player we've ever had, but not naturally gifted.

But 6 months ago, people were saying he's knackered and looks lazy!

We're a fickle bunch.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Makes me laugh. He's probably the most gifted player ever to play for us. Arguably Mahrez and Cambiasso can rival him.

Anyone think of anyone else in modern times?

Vardy is the greatest player we've ever had, but not naturally gifted.

But 6 months ago, people were saying he's knackered and looks lazy!

We're a fickle bunch.

Might have called him titty or tubbymans at some point…

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Possibly but Newcastle wouldn’t bid anyway unless they knew they could get him to join, which they would know before any potential bid

No chance of him joining means no bid being made anyway

There's already been a lot of talk of them wanting him and the club can easily dangle the carrot in front of them. Whether it's Newcastle or Man United or whoever I'm just saying that he is going to interest a lot of clubs and clubs with something to prove willing to throw money around and drive up the price. He will go for more than 30m or Emiliano Buendia, Danny Ings, Martin Odegard. 30m is not a lot these days.

He really doesn’t come across as a lad fuelled by money… which is good and bad for us! Good as I don’t think he’d be after the elite money he deserves which means we’d be able to offer him a wage he’d be happy to take… bad as I don’t think money is the issue i think he’s much more likely to want to play for a club that’s able to offer him the chance to play at the highest possible level he can which I just can’t see us being able to give him 😢

It’s all right saying pay him what he wants 

But we have a wage structure and if we break it for him then we could be in trouble 

I think we have to face facts we won’t be paying him £250k a week and as such we need to get as much as we can for him 

I believe it was rumoured Vardy had a clever clause that he had to be the highest paid player at the club under his current deal 

I think he really wants us to match his ambitions. Looking at his reaction at the final whistle today, I think he wants us to become a club that can be at the level he wants. Of course, if we can't reach that level, I will absolutely not begrudge him wanting to leave. I'll be very say about it, but I'll understand. In his relatively short time here he's already become a bit of a club legend, and assuming he's respectful if he does end up leaving, I think it will stay that way.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s all right saying pay him what he wants 

But we have a wage structure and if we break it for him then we could be in trouble 

I think we have to face facts we won’t be paying him £250k a week and as such we need to get as much as we can for him 

I believe it was rumoured Vardy had a clever clause that he had to be the highest paid player at the club under his current deal 

This week will easily have increased his wage demands by £10k

46 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

I think he really wants us to match his ambitions. Looking at his reaction at the final whistle today, I think he wants us to become a club that can be at the level he wants. Of course, if we can't reach that level, I will absolutely not begrudge him wanting to leave. I'll be very say about it, but I'll understand. In his relatively short time here he's already become a bit of a club legend, and assuming he's respectful if he does end up leaving, I think it will stay that way.

Yeah there's no question of his legendary status with us.

If he keeps producing moments of brilliance like today rather than going through the motions then it would make his departure a lot more bearable.

8 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

We will sell him to a bigger club for £100 million. And then we will sign someone better for £10 million. That seems to be the business plan.

Glad I’m not the guy to draw up the shortlist. Can’t think of a name to replace him for his age and impact…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

When you think of the players we’ve sold for good money some of the recent ones (Drinkwater, Maguire and Chilwell) have been absolutely replaceable.

When Tielemans leaves we’ll be feeling it for years afterwards in the way we have with Mahrez. We couldn’t just go and get another Mahrez when he left and we won’t be able to just go and get another Tielemans when he does.

We've not had a winger on the right close to Mahrez but we are a much stronger team in other areas since he was sold. 

Granted we might get a like for like tielemans replacement right after but we might get a good player on the right and not be too affected. Here's hoping!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Glad I’m not the guy to draw up the shortlist. Can’t think of a name to replace him for his age and impact…

Spent the last hour on this conundrum and the perfect replacement is Renato Sanches. Make it happen, Congers

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

A goal fit to win any game:

EasygoingSameAcornwoodpecker-size_restri

Strider, have you relocated to Easter Island on coconut fiber dial-up? 

This GIF is like a Rolls-Royce advertisement crayoned on a MacDonalds wrapper.

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Cambiasso wasn't THAT gifted when he played for us.

Absolutely adore Tielemans but he's still behind Mahrez at the moment in terms of pure skill.

• Like 1