Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Cambiasso wasn't THAT gifted when he played for us.

Absolutely adore Tielemans but he's still behind Mahrez at the moment in terms of pure skill.

It’s apples and oranges though. Riyad couldn’t run a game the way youri does. 

A lot of the things that make youri great are just the little things he does. 

I genuinely wouldn’t swap him for anyone else in his position. 

• Like 2

Liverpool won’t pay what he’s worth or what others will be willing to pay. I can see him at Madrid, Man U, Man City (if he stays a couple more years), Chelsea or PSG. I don’t think he would go to Newcastle.

Edited by Phenom
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Cambiasso wasn't THAT gifted when he played for us.

Absolutely adore Tielemans but he's still behind Mahrez at the moment in terms of pure skill.

Mahrez will Never have Tielemans skill...

& Tielemans will Never have Mahrez's skill..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Reminded me of Ndidi's goal at home to Stoke in 2017. That was an absolute BASTARD.

Arguably Youri's was more difficult as it was bouncing and its harder to control and not absolutely balloon it like we would 100% of the time! 

• Like 1

to those out there who say he doesn’t do enough running, he was second for distance covered yesterday against one of the hardest working sides around. 

people get confused between not having any pace over the first five yards and getting around the pitch.  

The problem facing opponents is that they know if they can press him quickly and in numbers then they can pinch possession from us BUT if youri escapes that press he is gliding into open field and with our forward line, he will pick the pass. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Arguably Youri's was more difficult as it was bouncing and its harder to control and not absolutely balloon it like we would 100% of the time! 

yeah but Wilf did with as the future has shown no natural ability to strike a football

(no idea what happened to his shooting, scored two worldies when he started and had a few screamers in belgium; now i'd be worried sitting with my nan behind the goal when he's shooting)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, KingsX said:

Strider, have you relocated to Easter Island on coconut fiber dial-up? 

This GIF is like a Rolls-Royce advertisement crayoned on a MacDonalds wrapper.

There is literally a link to the high res version in my post, but I should have known no one will click on it! Making a 160MB GIF and uploading it isn't straightforward, and I wanted to get all the angles of Youri's incredible strike.

Anyway let's another version to see if I can pull off an Iheanacho style redemption arc:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

14 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Natural talent wise I think he might be the best to ever play for us. Vardy has had to work extremely hard to reach his level whereas I think Youri is just a natural 

i disagree I think Mahrez is the most talented player to ever play for us. Tielemans is well up there though 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

i disagree I think Mahrez is the most talented player to ever play for us. Tielemans is well up there though 

I wish people would use in my time and not ever in their statements. As for Tielemans and Mahrez , Youri is a much more complete and hardworking player , Mahrez could not defend to save his life for instance , Tielemans is a couple of years away from his peak I reckon , he should become stronger physically and ride tackles better by then. Greatest virtue for me is he appears to be bomb proof. I really think he could do with a break to refresh but it won't be injury that causes it by the look of things.

Youri is the best player to ever play for us. More talented than Mahrez in a different way.

Mahrez types are quite common, of course at the top level. Tielemans though, theres not many people in world football as good as him at what he does. His technique, his vision, shooting, passing, controlling the tempo of the game.

The guy is elite and the greatest to ever play for us in terms of talent and probably 3rd ever overall - Vardy 1st Kante 2nd.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Best player ever..

But 3rd overall??😂

Yeah greatest ever to play for us in terms of talent(more talented than Kante and Vardy). There is more to being the best ever than just talent though. Vardy is the greatest to ever play for us and Kante for me plainly for such an unbelievable season are above Youri as greatest ever Leicester player, but does that mean he cant be the greatest in terms of talent despite this?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ceredigion said:

We will sell him to a bigger club for £100 million. And then we will sign someone better for £10 million. That seems to be the business plan.

0 chance of this happening.

We could spend £100 mill on a player to replace him who won't be better IMO!