Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

We really, really, really have to get Champions League football this season. It’s our only hope (and it still might not be enough) he does know he’s loved here, he does love the clubs family feel by all appearances as well, when he was hugging Top after the FA Cup you could see it meant a lot to him.

This season is the hugest for our future, I think he might surprise us and sign a new deal in May if we do get the job done - and we are capable, there’s a spot there behind Chelsea/Man City & Liverpool 🦊 

• Like 1

It’s pointless and meaningless saying “best player ever” as it’s such a nuanced,  ephemeral, subjective topic that takes into account a myriad stats, results, feelings, factors, etc. Having said that, clearly Kante is our best player ever,  Vardy is our GOAT and Mahrez is the most naturally talented. And they are facts. So no arguing with me you massive nobends. X 

Youri Tielemans' entourage is working overtime. The Red Devil has brushed off a last contract proposal from Leicester City. No fewer than six top clubs were already on the phone. Youri Tielemans has a contract with Leicester City until mid-2023. Negotiations on a new agreement fell through because the Red Devil does not want to sign a new long-term commitment. In other words, he feels ready to take another step in the near future. In the current circumstances, a battle will erupt this summer. Leicester City will not risk letting the youth product of RSC Anderlecht leave on a free transfer. In addition, the jackpot is a realistic option. After all, six top clubs were already on the line. Jackpot The English newspapers know that Manchester United, Liverpool FC and Chelsea FC want to dig deep into their pockets to bring in Tielemans. But that's not all: Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid and Bayern Munich also see a reinforcement for their teams in the midfielder.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Youri Tielemans' entourage is working overtime. The Red Devil has brushed off a last contract proposal from Leicester City. No fewer than six top clubs were already on the phone. Youri Tielemans has a contract with Leicester City until mid-2023. Negotiations on a new agreement fell through because the Red Devil does not want to sign a new long-term commitment. In other words, he feels ready to take another step in the near future. In the current circumstances, a battle will erupt this summer. Leicester City will not risk letting the youth product of RSC Anderlecht leave on a free transfer. In addition, the jackpot is a realistic option. After all, six top clubs were already on the line. Jackpot The English newspapers know that Manchester United, Liverpool FC and Chelsea FC want to dig deep into their pockets to bring in Tielemans. But that's not all: Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid and Bayern Munich also see a reinforcement for their teams in the midfielder.

Squeezing every last drop out of this negotiation. Fair play, I would.

If this doesn’t work I’d be all over Donny VB or Renato Sanches in January.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KFS said:

Squeezing every last drop out of this negotiation. Fair play, I would.

If this doesn’t work I’d be all over Donny VB or Renato Sanches in January.

Donny VB would be my choice, might be a gamble but I'd take the chance.

• Like 3

At peace with him going next summer, but i will vomit if it's to another English club.

He's good enough for a Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or a PSG.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

If Dan James sale is anything to go by, man u will probably demand £80m!

Only chance we get him for a realistic price is if they are desperate for Tielemans themselves or they have a complete clear out for the new manager at knock down prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

We could get a very good price for a player with only 12 months left on his contract if 6 clubs want him 

Absolutely. Players like Youri are highly in demand if you think about it.
-Real Madrid have an ageing midfield with Modric and Kroos
-Chelsea are seemingly looking for something as well judging by their loan move for Saul
-Liverpool have walking sick notes in Keita and Thiago and someone on the out in Chamberlain
-Man United will most likely be without Pogba, Mata by the end of the season
-Man City seemingly cant get enough of anything

When there's this many suitors for a player, the remaining length of the contract doesn't matter. Of course I hope Youri stays but it's not the worst position to be in as a club.

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

At peace with him going next summer, but i will vomit if it's to another English club.

He's good enough for a Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or a PSG.

Agreed, I can't see any way that he stays next summer. The club can't afford to risk losing him for nothing and even if we get CL, he will have the likes of Liverpool, Madrid, and Barcelona calling. You can't really begrudge him moving - he gave us the FA Cup with a worldie, and realisitically (and even if we win the Europa this season), we've progressed as far as we can within his career - we're not going to be challenging for the CL anytime soon and that's Tielemans level.

Like everyone else, I just hope he goes abroad. It would be too painful watching him ping them in for Liverpool or Man City.

Edited by jim5000

You can't begrudge him if he wants to move away from us, unless we suddenly become a top 4 club which could be some incentive for him to stay, but he could easily play for any club in the world at the moment. Can't think of many better all round midfielders then him at the moment. 

The only thing he'll have to consider if he moves away is that we currently build our team around him. He's the key player who breaks attack and defence by dropping into the space in between and starting attacks. I'm not saying he won't be able to do that at other clubs, but we definitely give him more opportunities to shine with our style of play. 

I'm comfortable with the situation as long as Tielemans agent isn't using him for one big pay day. He is by far his biggest client, and tried to get him as lucrative a deal as possible last time around when pushing him for Man Utd.

That said I don't think Youri will be told where he's going, he will absolutely decide and I think he'll want to ensure we get a good deal as well. There's a common goal for not only the player to have his best season to date and maybe get his move but also one last shot at CL qualification with us where he may well sign another deal and do another year or two.

I'm confident we get £50m for him in the summer if he decides not to sign a new deal, I still think we'll come to a compromise where he signs a new 4 year deal with a lower release clause than we'd ordinarily agree to, something around £60-65m if we don't get top 4.

• Like 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/youri-tielemans-bayern-munich-transfer-6118609

Speaking recently about reports on Tielemans' future, Rodgers moved to quickly clarify the situation after rumours circulated that his star midfielder had "turned down" a contract offer.

"There are reports. There is no turning down, there is nothing. There is just dialogue between the club and Youri’s people," Rodgers said.

“I think the club are waiting to hear back from Youri’s people. But that is something out of my control.

“What I can control is his mentality, his commitment to the team, and you cannot question that. That’s my role within it all, to improve him as a player, to ensure his focus and commitment is on his performance for the team, and I don’t think you can argue against that. He’s not lost any focus whatsoever.

“He’s a really gifted young player and I have loved working with him. I understand the nature of the game. If his commitment changes or his focus changes, then it becomes an issue. I don’t see that with Youri at all, he’s so professional. He’s a really respectful young guy.

“His representatives have a job in terms of trying to do the best they can for him. I try to concentrate on the football side and give him my best.”

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/youri-tielemans-bayern-munich-transfer-6118609

Speaking recently about reports on Tielemans' future, Rodgers moved to quickly clarify the situation after rumours circulated that his star midfielder had "turned down" a contract offer.

"There are reports. There is no turning down, there is nothing. There is just dialogue between the club and Youri’s people," Rodgers said.

“I think the club are waiting to hear back from Youri’s people. But that is something out of my control.

“What I can control is his mentality, his commitment to the team, and you cannot question that. That’s my role within it all, to improve him as a player, to ensure his focus and commitment is on his performance for the team, and I don’t think you can argue against that. He’s not lost any focus whatsoever.

“He’s a really gifted young player and I have loved working with him. I understand the nature of the game. If his commitment changes or his focus changes, then it becomes an issue. I don’t see that with Youri at all, he’s so professional. He’s a really respectful young guy.

“His representatives have a job in terms of trying to do the best they can for him. I try to concentrate on the football side and give him my best.”

Who knew 90min.com and The Sun weren't good sources... :whistle: