Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/youri-tielemans-bayern-munich-transfer-6118609

Speaking recently about reports on Tielemans' future, Rodgers moved to quickly clarify the situation after rumours circulated that his star midfielder had "turned down" a contract offer.

"There are reports. There is no turning down, there is nothing. There is just dialogue between the club and Youri’s people," Rodgers said.

“I think the club are waiting to hear back from Youri’s people. But that is something out of my control.

“What I can control is his mentality, his commitment to the team, and you cannot question that. That’s my role within it all, to improve him as a player, to ensure his focus and commitment is on his performance for the team, and I don’t think you can argue against that. He’s not lost any focus whatsoever.

“He’s a really gifted young player and I have loved working with him. I understand the nature of the game. If his commitment changes or his focus changes, then it becomes an issue. I don’t see that with Youri at all, he’s so professional. He’s a really respectful young guy.

“His representatives have a job in terms of trying to do the best they can for him. I try to concentrate on the football side and give him my best.”

So to translate, he is leaving the club in the summer for a good amount of money but until then he will continue to give everything for Leicester.

Whatever happens with him, no one can fault his commitment. If he leaves, he is entitled to, there are bigger clubs and who wouldn't want to go to a bigger club and prove themselves as one of the best in the world.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

So to translate, he is leaving the club in the summer for a good amount of money but until then he will continue to give everything for Leicester.

Whatever happens with him, no one can fault his commitment. If he leaves, he is entitled to, there are bigger clubs and who wouldn't want to go to a bigger club and prove themselves as one of the best in the world.

Unless we are playing in the CL next year and he sharply changes his mind ;) 

• Like 1

On 26/10/2021 at 08:51, Ric Flair said:

I'm comfortable with the situation as long as Tielemans agent isn't using him for one big pay day. He is by far his biggest client, and tried to get him as lucrative a deal as possible last time around when pushing him for Man Utd.

That said I don't think Youri will be told where he's going, he will absolutely decide and I think he'll want to ensure we get a good deal as well. There's a common goal for not only the player to have his best season to date and maybe get his move but also one last shot at CL qualification with us where he may well sign another deal and do another year or two.

I'm confident we get £50m for him in the summer if he decides not to sign a new deal, I still think we'll come to a compromise where he signs a new 4 year deal with a lower release clause than we'd ordinarily agree to, something around £60-65m if we don't get top 4.

£50m for a player with one year left on his deal? How many teams that actually need a player like Youri are going to be able to afford that?

Aside from Spurs and perhaps Man Utd to a very small extent, who has even shown interest in him?

Just now, KFS said:

Unless we are playing in the CL next year and he sharply changes his mind ;) 

I think if we had got across the line in one of the last 2 seasons he would have signed an extension. Maybe still left another 2 years down the line but still.

CL is a big ask this season, we had it on a plate last 2 seasons and fell short. I would be very happy with 6th place at this rate.

On 24/10/2021 at 18:51, ceredigion said:

We will sell him to a bigger club for £100 million. And then we will sign someone better for £10 million. That seems to be the business plan.

In the same way we did with Mahrez?

11 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

£50m for a player with one year left on his deal? How many teams that actually need a player like Youri are going to be able to afford that?

Aside from Spurs and perhaps Man Utd to a very small extent, who has even shown interest in him?

I think there will be a lot of big teams wanting a Tielemans type player next summer. Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern and Barca (less likely) all appear in the market. I think we'll sneak £50m which is still way less than he's worth.

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

He needs to remember what happened to our last world class midfielder that we sold to Chelsea. Didn’t go well for Drinkwater did it 🤣

I don’t think Drinkwater was anywhere near World Class for us, yet alone close to Tielemans’ level, he was a good player in an extremely effective system. The only out-and-out world class players in the 15/16 team were Vardy, Mahrez and Kanté (Kasper maybe as a world class shot stopper but his all-round game limits his I think). 

Doesn't stop them all being heroes however. But Tielemans is leagues above. 

• Like 3

I don’t know whether Youri will stay or go. What I do know is that he is very settled in Quorn. My mother lives there and regulary speaks to him. They both share a love of gardening (not kidding). He apparently loves the area and according to my mum, is a delightful and polite fellow. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I don’t know whether Youri will stay or go. What I do know is that he is very settled in Quorn. My mother lives there and regulary speaks to him. They both share a love of gardening (not kidding). He apparently loves the area and according to my mum, is a delightful and polite fellow. 

Love this guy so much as a character. Incredible maturity considering he burst onto the scene so early. I remember reading Anderlecht fans on here when he did and we were asking about Wasyl and they were convinced he was destined for the very top. Been a pleasure to have him. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I don’t think Drinkwater was anywhere near World Class for us, yet alone close to Tielemans’ level, he was a good player in an extremely effective system. The only out-and-out world class players in the 15/16 team were Vardy, Mahrez and Kanté (Kasper maybe as a world class shot stopper but his all-round game limits his I think). 

Doesn't stop them all being heroes however. But Tielemans is leagues above. 

Irony filter engaged I see. 

I facking know. It was tongue in cheek, hence the smiley.  Nirvana. 

On 27/10/2021 at 15:13, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Love this. Definitely staying then - it's not like you can take your garden with you! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Love this. Definitely staying then - it's not like you can take your garden with you! 

funny that, i also heard a similar story on Youri, my mums friend of a mums, mums great uncle said that he speaks to Youri everyday via teams, they both have a love for pukka pies and gingerbread flavoured laaarrtaay in the city. Hes definately going to be staying. 1000% close thread.

Edited by Simoken

13 minutes ago, Simoken said:

funny that, i also heard a similar story on Youri, my mums friend of a mums, mums great uncle said that he speaks to Youri everyday via teams, they both have a love for pukka pies and gingerbread flavoured laaarrtaay in the city. Hes definately going to be staying. 1000% close thread.

News just keeps getting better!

34 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Youri should lead by example , we know how good he can be. He too often fades into the background for me. You cannot compare him to say Gerrard ,who gave it all even when Liverpool were losing.

Who is comparing him to Gerrard? 

Just now, StanSP said:

Who is comparing him to Gerrard? 

Shall we say ,some of the eulogy on here is a bit premature. Top midfielders have to demonstrate true grit as well as skill. Youri is a highly skilled, intelligent and durable midfielder.  He lacks a bit of fight and attitude which begs the question , is he just to nice?