Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

On days like today he needs someone like Maddison to show up and take some of the creative burden and - freekick aside - he didn't do that. He can't be expected to be the match-winner every game. There's about £150M of talent in this team and this season too many of them haven't shown it.

On 25/10/2021 at 13:08, An Sionnach said:

I wish people would use in my time and not ever in their statements. As for Tielemans and Mahrez , Youri is a much more complete and hardworking player , Mahrez could not defend to save his life for instance , Tielemans is a couple of years away from his peak I reckon , he should become stronger physically and ride tackles better by then. Greatest virtue for me is he appears to be bomb proof. I really think he could do with a break to refresh but it won't be injury that causes it by the look of things.

I love Tielemans, but most technically gifted Mahrez is a bit of a class above and was a lot more consistent. I don't think you can argue that at this point. Few years time Tielemans might end up being better 

6 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I thought he was one of the only players who deserves some credit. He was decent tonight and actually tried to make things happen. Credit to him as that is far from easy in a very dysfunctional side.

Each game that passes it becomes clear he is far too good for us and there is zero chance he is going to stay past next summer. The only chance we had of possibly keeping him is if we had a storming season and finished top 4 and/or won another trophy, both of which seem highly unlikely right now. I'd even say Castagne looks too good for us right now. I could see some teams being interested in him if he keeps performing like he has. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I thought he was one of the only players who deserves some credit. He was decent tonight and actually tried to make things happen. Credit to him as that is far from easy in a very dysfunctional side.

imo, was one of his worst games for us …. his passing not at his normal levels and they had done their homework on pressing him in initial possession. 

• Like 1

Thought he was poor last night to be honest. Had plenty of the ball, and did try make things happen, but his passing was way off. Having no maddison in front of him, who picks up those spaces between the lines, for him to pass too, didn't help him to be fair. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm in the 'Youri had an off day camp'. Gave it away so many times. Albeit trying to pull off progressive forward passes. It just wasn't working for him last night. 

3 at the back with a spectator at left wing back didn’t help Youri. His options were even more limited, Castagne was the only one giving him options for much of the game.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm in the 'Youri had an off day camp'. Gave it away so many times. Albeit trying to pull off progressive forward passes. It just wasn't working for him last night. 

To be fair, our forward players were static all night. No one one looked to make a run to create space or draw players. 

4 hours ago, Kierzz said:

A 4231 formation suits Youri better as offers him more options for forward passes with the two attacking wingers, full backs, No. 10 and striker.

I think we will play 4231 against Leeds with Ndidi back in the side. 

4231 with Kel up front anyone?

Vardy is off form and I don't think Daka is ready to lead the line yet?

16 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Off form his scored 5 goals in the last 7 PL games, one of which he went off at half time. 

Edited by coolhandfox

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't be daft. Vardy has had 1 average game and about 20 minutes last night. He's in incredible form.

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I hope he misses a few games..I want to see what our squad has in the locker.

Mentally & creatively.. Chance to get both Maddison & KDH playing together.

I agree, this might be for the best.  Give his entire body and psyche a chance to reset, and see what KDH can do.

Edited by Deeg67

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

I reckon he's gonna miss quite a few games. Just a hunch. A scan on a calf problem doesn't sound too promising. 

Glad for the break in this respect. 

Didn't look to bothered on the bench.

Would be good for him to miss the internationals games  

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I hope he misses a few games..I want to see what our squad has in the locker.

Mentally & creatively.. Chance to get both Maddison & KDH playing together.

Agreed.  I think he's been looked on as too essential in recent weeks and it's about time we trusted the side without him for a few games.

• Like 1