Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

55 minutes ago, TheStig said:

An injury to Tielemans could be a blessing in disguise. He doesn´t have to play the internationals. Gets a few weeks rest. No travelling and gets back on his feet. :please:

If we & teams like Wham want to compete consistently for Top 6,

Then having to miss the odd star,like

Tielemans/a young Fofana, can't set us into Panic mode, or an excuse for any

Managers...

Though managers in Klopp & Peps positions can/should be able to carry

2-4 star outages.

The club's like us shouldn't panic with 1-2 long outages,but like we have had on round-robin of injuries to different ''stars"  is far more team performance disturbing, than for the top 4, with their high quality

Top International fringe/cover/1st team

Choice players.

They can compete at top 4 level,whereas 2-3..4 players struggling for teams like us, takes us down massive level from 'challenging' for top 4, to finding achieving a level around 

6-9/10th .Result wise...

I really believe our fan base recognises that...but we are not necessary hating in balance our results...but the too regular poor, far too poor team performances over what now is 11+ games...

We must reach a level where an outage of both a Tielemans & Ndidi/Vardy can be carried...

Just looked back at that chance in the second half when Leeds messed up at the back. Tielemans touch was horrific, when the ball dropped to him he had the whole goal to aim at and has to score. Unfortunately he took a touch and pretty much gave it to Meslier.

The chance first half was killed by Lookman's pass. We are so close to being a dangerous team if that final third is sorted. We need to be more clinical.

When he went down I thought hopefully puts him out of action for Belgium, get him rested, then he goes again after the break.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just looked back at that chance in the second half when Leeds messed up at the back. Tielemans touch was horrific, when the ball dropped to him he had the whole goal to aim at and has to score. Unfortunately he took a touch and pretty much gave it to Meslier.

The chance first half was killed by Lookman's pass. We are so close to being a dangerous team if that final third is sorted. We need to be more clinical.

When he went down I thought hopefully puts him out of action for Belgium, get him rested, then he goes again after the break.

Yep, I think he should have taken that first chance you mention first time. Don't think it needed the extra touch for the keeper to then collect. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'd rather he kept playing as he seems to be one who's form will occasionally drop but needs to find consistancy with fitness. He doesn't appear to be a player that needs to be rested. 

I don't think 'we' fans especially team can/should have a mindset what an individual's short outage, where we give a damn..

We all love what he can or does bring to

Club & team..

but in someways I would love to see him, not available for the next few Leicester games, Chelsea or no Chelsea..major Europe game no major Europe need. !!

Other "stars" and players like KDH can stamp their names into this & future seasons..

Soumare.Maddison also can grab hold of & use the moment..

The manager can either stumble on or wisely create a new wave of team/squad vigour..

Knowing that the return of Tielemans sees take more comfortable steps in evolving team-Leicester character &

Potential top 4 levels

17 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just watched the extended highlights and it needed to be hit first time but I can see why he took the touch as it was frenetic, annoying. 

That through ball he played 2nd half to Lookman that nearly got us a goal from off their player was just pure sauce. He's so so good on the ball.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just watched the extended highlights and it needed to be hit first time but I can see why he took the touch as it was frenetic, annoying. 

That through ball he played 2nd half to Lookman that nearly got us a goal from off their player was just pure sauce. He's so so good on the ball.

Although he has the odd stinker in tow this season too. One ball second half that went sideways/slightly back to no one, just Leeds players. They nearly scored off it.

However, it must be said that his positives far outweigh the negatives. He is not perfect but very few players are close to perfect. His long range shots are something else and he is the motor in midfield. Let's hope we can replace him next season, be that from within or by purchasing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StanSP said:

I reckon he's gonna miss quite a few games. Just a hunch. A scan on a calf problem doesn't sound too promising. 

Glad for the break in this respect. 

He had a scan on his calf after the Moscow (A) game and was fit enough for the full 90 at Brentford a couple of days later :fc:

As others have said, an International Break off but back for Chelsea would be perfect! 

Out for 2-3 weeks, not travelling with Belgium

"Tielemans had to be sidelined on Sunday after a collision with Leeds goalkeeper Meslier. He couldn't go on. The first studies show that the midfielder is out for two to three weeks with an injury in the ankle and calf area. For example, he drops out for the World Cup qualifiers with the Red Devils against Estonia (Saturday) and Wales (Tuesday). Tielemans is now undergoing further investigations in Leicester."

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

He had a scan on his calf after the Moscow (A) game and was fit enough for the full 90 at Brentford a couple of days later :fc:

As others have said, an International Break off but back for Chelsea would be perfect! 

Rest him for the Chelsea game. Whether he plays or not won't make any difference to the outcome!

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

One of those magic injuries before an international break that somehow heals itself in time for your next premier league match? That'll do. 

Unfortunately,  our 'magic injuries' turn into one's where players are out for twice the length initially suggested :unsure:

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Sachinthesachin said:

Does anyone know how bad Tielemans's injury is? On the PL app it said he only had a 50% chance of playing... If he's out for too long our peformance will defitely dtop

In other words, the PL App has absolutely no idea of the likelihood of him playing.