Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So out for twice as long as we were originally told?

Oh dear, oh dear. Badly need him back for the away game in Napoli. If we can't deal with Legia without him then we deserve liquidating anyway. 

Huge few weeks for KDH, I'd throw him in.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Standard Lcfc injury 

whatever Brendan says, double it and add three weeks ! 

To be fair Brendan never said anything on the length of the injury

The length of time out originally came out of Belgium and then Tanner (whether he actually confirmed it himself or just copied what the Belgians said)

• Like 3

Just now, filbertway said:

Could be a blessing in disguise in that we now need to use the other quality players in the team to get forwards and create meaningful chances rather than relying on Youri to bail us out.

In an ideal world, but that's also like what we needed our defence to be doing without Evans where organisation and basic defending went out the window. There doesn't seem to be that collective " stepping up " like we saw happen so well in the first chunk of this Rodgers tenureship but I'm hoping KDH seizes this potential opening, it's down to him to force it and with our best XI around him it will help us better gauge if he's good enough.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

In an ideal world, but that's also like what we needed our defence to be doing without Evans where organisation and basic defending went out the window. There doesn't seem to be that collective " stepping up " like we saw happen so well in the first chunk of this Rodgers tenureship but I'm hoping KDH seizes this potential opening, it's down to him to force it and with our best XI around him it will help us better gauge if he's good enough.

KDH would be my go to as well, would love him to get a run of games playing with the best XI like you say.

Would be shocked to see him play though, 100% convinced Saturdays team will be 

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Amartey
Evans
Soy

Castagne

Hamza

Ndidi

Soumare

Vardy

Nacho

Also the cynic in me is saying that Youri isn't injured as badly as first thought, however he doesn't want to get a worse injury and scupper a January move, hence no contract news on him. 

Not a slant on Youri's character as he genuinely seems like an honest person, but I can also see why he wouldn't want to risk himself... 

Guest Kopfkino

We’re absolutely ****ed without him. Can’t remember a time we’ve spent any length of time without him on the pitch where we’ve looked anything like in control of the game. If he doesn’t start he’s usually on relatively early and if he goes off we spend the rest of the game lumping it to nobody.

We still have no proper replacement for him, not expecting someone on his level but someone that can do a similar job in there. We’ll struggle to move the ball forward if we have any sustained possession with Soumare and Ndidi, whilst Dewsbury-Hall is like replacing an F1 car for a Fiat Punto around Silverstone, it’s neither his position nor is he is he good enough at this time.

Maybe we change style and approach for a bit and that could be a blessing

Edited by Kopfkino

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Still think we will see Soumare and Ndidi as a two and Maddsion if its a three.

Can't see him throwing KDH in against Chelsea.

Aye. Ndidi, Soumare and Maddison I’d wager. I’d like to see KDH but Rodgers hasn’t shown a huge amount of willingness to play him.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Aye. Ndidi, Soumare and Maddison I’d wager. I’d like to see KDH but Rodgers hasn’t shown a huge amount of willingness to play him.

in fairness to Rodgers when do you take a starting punt, the senior players balls'd up the 1st couple of Europa games & thus then needing to win games we could have blooded a few fringe/dvs players & we have been struggling to hit form in the premiership so again trying to stick with the snr's to get some some momentum.
He has been on the field & he will again maybe on saturday but maybe not from the start, i'm sure Rodgers thinks highly of him but wants him to dip his toes in 1st not everyones a Fofana

• Like 1

In all honesty I’m surprised he hasn’t picked something up until now. He’s played non stop pretty well for the past 18months for club and country. Saturday is going to be a huge task without him in the middle. Maddison has to play Saturday if we are going to get anything through to Nacho and Vardy

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

All about winning the game against Legia without him. Get him back fit for the Carabao 

If we can't then it points to other real flaws. He's a massive player but there is no excuse at all and it reflects quite badly on the others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think we will see Soumare and Ndidi as a two and Maddsion if its a three.

Can't see him throwing KDH in against Chelsea.

The romance of seeing KDH tear it up would be great, but I suspect you are correct