Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

The irony that we've not played our best football since mid way through the 2019/20 season, when Tielemans by his standards was having a poor season. Since we've collectively played worse football but still either managed to get results or in this seasons case, regress it's been Tielemans often individually producing to get us goals and results.

So yes, we will hugely miss him but the rest of the fcukers need to get their fingers out anyway.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

We’re absolutely ****ed without him. Can’t remember a time we’ve spent any length of time without him on the pitch where we’ve looked anything like in control of the game. If he doesn’t start he’s usually on relatively early and if he goes off we spend the rest of the game lumping it to nobody.

When have we had any length of time like that? He's played virtually every game since he joined on loan.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

The romance of seeing KDH tear it up would be great, but I suspect you are correct

Also available (and seemingly discounted by those pushing for KDH to play) is a repeat of the 'romance' of seeing Luke Thomes handed his arse by Pepe

4 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Also available (and seemingly discounted by those pushing for KDH to play) is a repeat of the 'romance' of seeing Luke Thomes handed his arse by Pepe

Of course, but if you don’t have hope nor expectation, then blind loyalty will have to suffice

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The irony that we've not played our best football since mid way through the 2019/20 season, when Tielemans by his standards was having a poor season. Since we've collectively played worse football but still either managed to get results or in this seasons case, regress it's been Tielemans often individually producing to get us goals and results.

So yes, we will hugely miss him but the rest of the fcukers need to get their fingers out anyway.

God ,I am getting sick of your negative posts.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ian S said:

God ,I am getting sick of your negative posts.

lol You think Ric's negative? Really? Can I suggest then you make it a policy of avoiding matchday threads like the coronavirus? 

• Haha 1

Amazed he's gone this long without an injury tbh but this why we bought Soumare and promoted KDH. Bouba has shown a few glimpses of his ability and being pushed into a more creative role in the middle could be the making of him in this team. If the injury ends up being 4-5 not 2-3 weeks Kiernan could be seeing a lot of action too with so many games coming up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Amazed he's gone this long without an injury tbh but this why we bought Soumare and promoted KDH. Bouba has shown a few glimpses of his ability and being pushed into a more creative role in the middle could be the making of him in this team. If the injury ends up being 4-5 not 2-3 weeks Kiernan could be seeing a lot of action too with so many games coming up.

I'm firmly convinced it would be for the best.  Tielemans needs a total physical refresh and it would give KDH a chance to establish himself as a viable rotation option (assuming Rodgers used him in Youri's absence).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Also available (and seemingly discounted by those pushing for KDH to play) is a repeat of the 'romance' of seeing Luke Thomes handed his arse by Pepe.

KDH and Thomas have got a lot of learning and experience to garner yet. But, I suspect, were you selecting the team, they'd be denied that ad infinitum.

Thomas may have had, as you so niggardly put it, been "handed his arse" on one occasion - however, as a staunch admirer of his play, I'd point to the many games where his performance has been exemplary.

Teams thrive on a balance of youth and experience - you don't develop those young players by planting their arses on the bench. That particular part of the body tends to go dead when sat on overlong.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think we will see Soumare and Ndidi as a two and Maddsion if its a three.

Can't see him throwing KDH in against Chelsea.

I've got no idea why anyone would even want or expect KDH ahead of Soumare, other than just a bit of sentimentality. 

It'll obviously be Soumaré. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I mean we have a good replacement in Praet. Oh wait...Rodgers didn't like him.

2 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

That's the irritating thing. Technically speaking we do have cover but for whatever reason that option isn't viable. Very frustrating. 

I like Praet as much as the next but when he has played has he pulled up any trees to warrent a starting place & in what position? Not to my knowledge.
He is currently playing left/right of a front 3 for Torino does that fit our shape over the past 11 games, no, we have played 2 upfront with wingbacks & when we have played 3 up front is he better suited in 1 of those wide positions over Barnes/Lookman, no, so would he fit better in the middle 3 rather than Ndidi, Tilly, Soumare, no, so what do you do with him.. put him on the bench & wait for an injury & rotation. 

He is 27yrs old & wants to play week in week out & it was probably him that requested to go out on loan or seek a perm deal which never happened (perm) & its not because we were asking for silly money.
He was/is what he is, a very able understudy to our existing team but if he not willing to sit it out for rotation / injury without going overboard on the mardyness & wait his chance like the £60,80,100m type players at Man C do, then is he the right type of player we need?
But of course its all Rodgers fault.

Why must it always be like this there are still people on here slating the Club for letting Kramaric go, someone else who didn't adapt here & has his career really been the wonder that some seem to think, he still plays for Hoffenheim the team he went to after us so no Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Madrid, Milan etc just Hoffenheim

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gerblod said:

KDH and Thomas have got a lot of learning and experience to garner yet. But, I suspect, were you selecting the team, they'd be denied that ad infinitum.

Thomas may have had, as you so niggardly put it, been "handed his arse" on one occasion - however, as a staunch admirer of his play, I'd point to the many games where his performance has been exemplary.

Teams thrive on a balance of youth and experience - you don't develop those young players by planting their arses on the bench. That particular part of the body tends to go dead when sat on overlong.

The prolix condescension in the rest of the post is your métier, but I think strawmanning reasons to be a snippy tit is a new one.

My post was limited in scope to a) KDH, starting b) this Saturday, against c) Chelsea. It was a rejoinder to those blithely claiming starting KDH against Chelsea would be a nailed on good idea, and that it would be a massive confidence booster for him. Of couse it might work, but I think it is more likely to fail. It was not a call to never play KDH again. That would be stupid.

Luke Thomas' experience against Pepe was an example of how the opposite of a massive confidence boost can occur when a young player with limited Prem experience is started against decent opposition. It was not a call to never play Luke Thomas again. That would be stupid.

5 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Luke Thomas' experience against Pepe was an example of how the opposite of a massive confidence boost can occur when a young player with limited Prem experience is started against decent opposition. It was not a call to never play Luke Thomas again. That would be stupid.

That Arsenal game was frustrating because I don't/didn't feel it was a negative of Thomas. Pepe's ability (which isn't great, and basically came down to speed) just happened to reveal a weakness in Thomas's ability. Something that can happen with any player. The frustrating thing was Arsenal kept exploiting that weakness and RODGERS didn't do anything about it for ages. He didn't provide support and he didn't tell Thomas to take a few steps back to give himself time. It felt like he was just left out on a limb alone.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've got no idea why anyone would even want or expect KDH ahead of Soumare, other than just a bit of sentimentality. 

It'll obviously be Soumaré. 

I am the same. From what I've seen of both players, Soumare is ahead of KDH at the moment. 

By his previous selections, it would appear, Rodgers agrees. I don't understand why people think KDH jumps up the pecking order because of Tielemans injury.

I think the idea of KDH blossoming into a first-team player from the academy is very appealing to many fans. We all love one of our own making it, so people have a slight bias.

I also think the club have brought Soumare with an eye Tielemans moving on. He is a different type of midfielder but has more in his locker than being just a ball winner.

It may be his physique, but he has a bit of Yaya Toure about him. He started as a DM and slowly added goals and assists to his game as his career developed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I am the same. From what I've seen of both players, Soumare is ahead of KDH at the moment. 

By his previous selections, it would appear, Rodgers agrees. I don't understand why people think KDH jumps up the pecking order because of Tielemans injury.

I think the idea of KDH blossoming into a first-team player from the academy is very appealing to many fans. We all love one of our own making it, so people have a slight bias.

I also think the club have brought Soumare with an eye Tielemans moving on. He is a different type of midfielder but has more in his locker than being just a ball winner.

It may be his physique, but he has a bit of Yaya Toure about him. He started as a DM and slowly added goals and assists to his game as his career developed. 

Think this might be a bit overly optimistic.

He scored 1 goal in three years at Lille and his start to life here hasn't exactly been exceptional

22 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

That Arsenal game was frustrating because I don't/didn't feel it was a negative of Thomas. Pepe's ability (which isn't great, and basically came down to speed) just happened to reveal a weakness in Thomas's ability. Something that can happen with any player. The frustrating thing was Arsenal kept exploiting that weakness and RODGERS didn't do anything about it for ages. He didn't provide support and he didn't tell Thomas to take a few steps back to give himself time. It felt like he was just left out on a limb alone.  

I suppose a revealed weakness in Thomas' ability could be construed as a positive (as in 'gives us something to work on') but I'm going with it mainly being a negative.

We can argue what Rodgers should have done about it (what he did about it was take him off). I can't argue that he should have said something else to him given I don't know what, if anything, he did say - I presume you don't either. It doesn't necessarily follow that Thomas was have been able to carry out any new direction better than he'd managed the old one.

The point I'm trying to make is, whoever was at fault, I don't think it could be described as a success, either from a team point of view on the day, or in terms of boosting Thomas' confidence, at least in the short term (presumably the opposite).

And before Bodger drops volume 2 of his replies, this is simply a comment about a) Luke Thomas, a player who I have no particularly strong feelings about versus any other LCFC player*, playing b) in February, against c) Arsenal

* clearly in general I love him like a son, albeit a son who got handed his arse by Pepe in February