Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I mean we have a good replacement in Praet. Oh wait...Rodgers didn't like him.

Did we ever win a league game where Tielemans was dropped for Praet in 2019/20? I seem to recall we lost almost every one, possibly drew.

58 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I am the same. From what I've seen of both players, Soumare is ahead of KDH at the moment. 

By his previous selections, it would appear, Rodgers agrees. I don't understand why people think KDH jumps up the pecking order because of Tielemans injury.

I think the idea of KDH blossoming into a first-team player from the academy is very appealing to many fans. We all love one of our own making it, so people have a slight bias.

I also think the club have brought Soumare with an eye Tielemans moving on. He is a different type of midfielder but has more in his locker than being just a ball winner.

It may be his physique, but he has a bit of Yaya Toure about him. He started as a DM and slowly added goals and assists to his game as his career developed. 

Because I think some are accepting Soumare is playing when Tielemans is fit anyway. It's whether Rodgers wants 4-3-3 with 2 attacking wingers and then a more box to box type midfielder in with Ndidi and Soumare or 4-2-3-1 and Maddison is the 10. He didn't play Maddison at Leeds which surprised me and made me think he's looking at 4-3-3 without a perceived ACM.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Think this might be a bit overly optimistic.

He scored 1 goal in three years at Lille and his start to life here hasn't exactly been exceptional

As I said, it may be his physique more than anything.

However, in his early career, Toure wasn't a massive goal scorer or assister, mostly one or two goals a season.  In his first five seasons as a professional (100 odd games), he only scored around 5 playing at a much lower standard in Belgium and Ukraine.

Even when he did start scoring, it wasn't until his Man City days that he became prolific. 

I'm not saying he will start banging them in, but I think we could provide a few. 

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because I think some are accepting Soumare is playing when Tielemans is fit anyway. It's whether Rodgers wants 4-3-3 with 2 attacking wingers and then a more box to box type midfielder in with Ndidi and Soumare or 4-2-3-1 and Maddison is the 10. He didn't play Maddison at Leeds which surprised me and made me think he's looking at 4-3-3 without a perceived ACM.

He played Maddison at 8 more then a few time during his time here. 

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Did we ever win a league game where Tielemans was dropped for Praet in 2019/20? I seem to recall we lost almost every one, possibly drew.

He is not a Tielemans, no one really is. However, he could have fit in well now that Tielemans is out. We just seem a bit light in some areas.

• Like 3

Are people gonna pretend Tielemans injury isn't Rodgers fault again?

Fed up of people believing the injury problems the club has, that hasn't for more than a decade, is a 'coincidence'.

If you don't rest/rotate players, they get injured.

Now we've potentially got KDH playing, who has about as many minutes for Leicester this season as I do.....

So going from not playing, to full intensity....Increased risk of injury AGAIN!

Ricardo/Ndidi/Vardy/Tielemans/Justin/Evans/Soyuncu...All players that have had injuries as a direct result of mismanagement by Rodgers, it's not good enough.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Think this might be a bit overly optimistic.

He scored 1 goal in three years at Lille and his start to life here hasn't exactly been exceptional

And he's very slow.KDH adds more intensity although admittedly soumares passing and positional play is better at this stage but KDH edges it for me.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Praet was excellent before his injury and no matter what you think, he was way better than kdh (before his injury in 2020 - 2021)

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

Fed up of people believing the injury problems the club has, that hasn't for more than a decade, is a 'coincidence'.

Now we've potentially got KDH playing, who has about as many minutes for Leicester this season as I do.....

Ricardo/Ndidi/Vardy/Tielemans/Justin/Evans/Soyuncu...All players that have had injuries as a direct result of mismanagement by Rodgers, it's not good enough.

😂😂 or did he get injured because he missed controlled  the ball and got caught up with the Keeper?

I’d suggest watching the play that led to YT’s injury. 

You're getting really tiresome

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

And he's very slow.KDH adds more intensity although admittedly soumares passing and positional play is better at this stage but KDH edges it for me.

He might look slow generally, but he can shift.

It doesn't go back quite far enough, but you can see he's not 'very slow' from 4:53 here https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/clips/2021/october/highlights-spartak-moscow-3-4-leicester

On 18/11/2021 at 14:40, turlo said:

If playing 4 at the back with wingers, he'll go with a midfield 3 of Ndidi as a DM, with Soumare & Madders as 8's. 

...with Maddison in the midfield three as the "creator" and Soumare alongside as the "controller "!!!

We could then incorporate KDH as the man in the hole behind the front two, being Vardy and Nacho. With KDH's workrate it might just work and being interchangeable, between Maddison and KDH, it gives us some type of flexibility. 

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He played Maddison at 8 more then a few time during his time here. 

Yes we have, usually in a dual 8 role with Tielemans or Praet. I was just curious in the game vs Leeds he opted for Soumare instead of Maddison as a more combative 4-3-3 and wonder if now Tielemans is out he might look at KDH's box to box style and aggression over Maddison. He'll surely start Maddison though, otherwise what's the point of him but I could see the temptation in trying KDH in Youri's absence.

Long and short of it is, KDH will likely get more minutes with Youri out and he has to take it.

• Like 2

I think Brendo simply saw an opportunity to add some physicality into our own midfield with Bouba against a very physical Leeds side. In hindsight I'd say Madders might've been the smarter choice with how much he'd break up play by drawing fouls.

52 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I think Brendo simply saw an opportunity to add some physicality into our own midfield with Bouba against a very physical Leeds side. In hindsight I'd say Madders might've been the smarter choice with how much he'd break up play by drawing fouls.

I don't think Maddison is fit to play at all at the moment, neither in body or mind, he's been a waste of a shirt.

You can't just keep playing him just in case he comes good one day. One good pass or shot and his admirers will be proclaiming he's back, but the reality is that it's been a long time now since he's put a good shift in. With options of Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka, Barnes, Lookman, Perez and KDH, we've plenty of alternatives to play with. If he doesn't have to earn his place it sends the wrong message out. Unless on top form, he really isn't that good, hence there's now at least half a dozen players ahead of him in the England queue. 

5 minutes ago, JR99 said:

Well, our Youri is enjoying his day off at least, girlfriend got a picture with him earlier at 360 play 😂 probably trying to avoid Brendan ball, and I can't blame him 

Wonder if he'll get as much shit as Maddison did when he was out injured but not at the game. 

Not saying he should, because Maddison shouldn't have either. 

But you know how some fans can be sometimes. Double standards and all that lol

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Wonder if he'll get as much shit as Maddison did when he was out injured but not at the game. 

Youri was at the game

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm more disappointed in him for picking to go when I wasn't there 😂 how am I supposed to completely embarrass myself proclaiming my love for him otherwise??

• Haha 1