Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

On 19/11/2021 at 12:17, turtmcfly said:

The prolix condescension in the rest of the post is your métier, but I think strawmanning reasons to be a snippy tit is a new one.

My post was limited in scope to a) KDH, starting b) this Saturday, against c) Chelsea. It was a rejoinder to those blithely claiming starting KDH against Chelsea would be a nailed on good idea, and that it would be a massive confidence booster for him. Of couse it might work, but I think it is more likely to fail. It was not a call to never play KDH again. That would be stupid.

Luke Thomas' experience against Pepe was an example of how the opposite of a massive confidence boost can occur when a young player with limited Prem experience is started against decent opposition. It was not a call to never play Luke Thomas again. That would be stupid.

Having watched KDH's brief part in the débâcle against Chelsea and regretted the exclusion of Maddison in the starting line up, the paucity of Rodgers' ideas in this Tielemans-free team indicated to me that the situation probably wouldn't have been significantly different  had KDH started.

I didn't see Soumare imposing himself on the game substantially - although, concurring with the BT team's comments, City were largely overrun in midfield.

For me, the absence of Thomas on the bench whilst Bertrand was included, was also a marker as to Rodgers recalcitrance in finding inventive solutions to the lack of verve (and concomitant success) in the team in this period of the season.

After being part of the side for half a relatively successful season Thomas is no longer "inexperienced". His development is incomplete.

Also, is it not somewhat fanciful to assert Rodgers being able to divine when or when not Thomas is likely to be 'punished' in any given match? He failed to protect an experienced Chilwell in two matches where he was highly likely to be 'found out'.

However this enlarges the scope of my answer to a very specific issue you raised in your response to Dahnsouff. My regrettable mistake was to indulge myself in hyperbole in my response to you.

As for me being a "snippy tit" and exercising my métier in "prolix condescension" - little bit of the pot calling the kettle black? If not, I'm sure you'll enlighten me as to why that assertion is incorrect - without being a snippy tit, naturally.

On 19/11/2021 at 14:05, FoxyLeon said:

Are people gonna pretend Tielemans injury isn't Rodgers fault again?

Fed up of people believing the injury problems the club has, that hasn't for more than a decade, is a 'coincidence'.

If you don't rest/rotate players, they get injured.

Now we've potentially got KDH playing, who has about as many minutes for Leicester this season as I do.....

So going from not playing, to full intensity....Increased risk of injury AGAIN!

Ricardo/Ndidi/Vardy/Tielemans/Justin/Evans/Soyuncu...All players that have had injuries as a direct result of mismanagement by Rodgers, it's not good enough.

I'm not disagreeing with your assertion, yet, to make a good case, you'll have to find supportive evidence from comparisons with other Premier sides and solidify the circumstantial evidence of the increase in injuries pre and post Dave Rennie's departure. Difficult!

6 hours ago, Hales said:

He looked thoroughly fed up sitting in the stands and looked exactly how we were all feeling.  Any chance of keeping him is drifting away further after every game. We need something fresh and new to invigorate the players.  If Youri, Vardy, Kasper and Evans etc. are not happy, and they clearly are not, things have to change. No-one would begrudge Youri a move at the moment but I fear if he goes the others will follow.  

This is not a happy camp at the moment and something needs to change and quickly.

And rightly so too...

He should be fed up, but unlike us he can actually do (or help do) something about it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I still reckon that if the club had invested in another class midfielder two seasons ago we would have been in the champions league and YOURI would not have to have played every bloody game . And don’t say we got soumare he is not a ball playing midfielder he is more like ndidi 

Big insult to wilf!

3 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Big insult to wilf!

No insult to wilf, he is one of the best at what he does , indeed he is one of my favs , but he is not a ball playing midfielder, we need another class ball player , someone who can hold the ball and create for others , for to long we have only have had YOURI , so don’t take things out of context 

17 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

You mean like the first-ever FA Cup and consistent qualification for Europe? :dunno:

Enough folks.

Youri is a top player and no one should begrudge him having ambitions to play at a bigger club or higher level (particularly given what he has contributed to our club). However, if we are supposedly "dross" and "deary shit" this season, he is a significant part of it. In fact, he is literally right smack in the middle of it! This season has not been a case of one player (or two) exceling while everyone else has been "dross" and "shit"! The truth is that the entire TEAM has sucked collectively when we sucked (and more or less played well collectively on a precious few occasions).

He's not been at his best but he's still been in comfortably our top three performers - he's scored belters in two of our four wins. Yes, we have been dross, and yes we'd be even worse without him.

16 hours ago, reynard said:

He won't sign a new deal. May even be gone in January if the money offered is acceptable.

I genuinely think that's too risky for us - unless we think we can get enough money to justify bring in maybe 2/3 players off the back of it. 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's not been at his best but he's still been in comfortably our top three performers - he's scored belters in two of our four wins. Yes, we have been dross, and yes we'd be even worse without him.

He's been plain awful ("dross" in your words) in several games, and class in others - just like about EVERYONE ELSE on our team! 

Agreed we'd be worse without Youri, but so would we (and have been) without several other players (Evans, Fofana, JJ, Wilf, Vardy, perhaps Kasper, etc.).  Ultimately, teams work best when the whole is greater than the individual sum of the parts.

Edited by NaijaFox

On 21/11/2021 at 05:40, Matt said:

And I couldn’t blame him.

I’ve been critical of many players who have left us but I couldn’t blame any player for wanting to get away from this dreary shit it’s been going on for long enough.

He looks far from enjoying his football and time here.

He is partly to blame, getting caught in possession to often for a so called ''world class player'', sometimes brilliant sometimes awful

On 21/11/2021 at 05:43, Dan LCFC said:

Any top player won't sit around at a club stagnating. It's why it's important to not tolerate this dross. Fofana must be watching this in complete horror as well.

Define "complete horror".

If Leicester City's defence is complete horror, I hate to think what conditions in my work place are!

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Define "complete horror".

If Leicester City's defence is complete horror, I hate to think what conditions in my work place are!

Some say hell is watching Leicester City attempt to defend corners.

• Haha 1

Thought it was educational for Youri to sit in the stands and witness that performance from that viewpoint.

Love to hear the conversation him and Rodgers had about that. I hope that neither one of them sugar coat a word.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Keep reading people saying he might be back for Sunday. But can't find a source for it anywhere. Where is that coming from? 

God knows we have missed him. 

I think it was Brendan said it last night,  "might" but then said if not would be back for Napoli

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Keep reading people saying he might be back for Sunday. But can't find a source for it anywhere. Where is that coming from? 

God knows we have missed him. 

Rodgers pre-match presser before the Southampton game.

"We’ll see where Youri is at at the back end of the week. He’s progressing really well. He looked strong on the pitch today. We’ll assess that towards the end of the week.”

• Like 1

I think he’s not as good as a lot of people thinks he is, and by that I mean I don’t think he’s consistent enough to play for a top, top team week in week out. Of cause Id love him to stay as I think we are just about his level (on our day, perhaps not at this moment!) 

I should say this isn’t based on today’s game as coming back from a lay off ain’t going to have you firing on all cylinders. 

• Like 4