Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It was belted at him in a position where Youri was surrounded by 3 players. 

There wasn't really any need to put him in such a perilous position. 

Having said that, Youri was generally poor and the rustiness clearly showed. 

Tough game to be thrown in and then play for so long after not playing a game in about a month. Was surprised when he wasn't Yanked off on 60 minutes tbh. Expect he will look leggy when we inevitably start him against Newcastle as well. Infact I expect half the team will be looking leggy if we have to go with pretty much the same squad.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It was belted at him in a position where Youri was surrounded by 3 players* 

There wasn't really any need to put him in such a perilous position. 

Having said that, Youri was generally poor and the rustiness clearly showed. 

*Almost surrounded by 1 player

image.thumb.png.89a12d2bea4a10f40639a6495c2baa57.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I can count 5 Napoli players in that picture :ph34r:

You're a very clever sausage Stan...

I remember thinking at the time the ball was defo on (see below just before the pass). I certainly liked the idea a whole lot more than passing it back to Kasper to start the dance of death round our area.

I think the main problem, more than/as much as the pace, was the fact he didn't keep it on the floor, and its first bounce was just in front of Youri on a what was obviously a skiddy pitch. No excuse for the useless Belgian twat to miscontrol it though. 22 days and he can go on a free.

Er, I'm messing

image.thumb.png.d2da17077558dd21d776fecb682a1368.png

Edited by turtmcfly

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Tough game to be thrown in and then play for so long after not playing a game in about a month. Was surprised when he wasn't Yanked off on 60 minutes tbh. Expect he will look leggy when we inevitably start him against Newcastle as well. Infact I expect half the team will be looking leggy if we have to go with pretty much the same squad.

He's only been out for 1 month, not 1 year. Unbelievable that he wasn't up to pace after such a short time out, modern day footballers really are so soft

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

He's only been out for 1 month, not 1 year. Unbelievable that he wasn't up to pace after such a short time out, modern day footballers really are so soft

How's that being soft Hahaha

The blokes not kicked a competitive ball in a month, hes obviously gonna have to shake some rust off

Weird to think thats a modern problem lol

29 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Pre injury he's been our best player!

Not a lot of competition but I disagree, he constantly gets a free pass based on the cup final but he has been bang average.

If he thinks he is getting a move to the likes  of Man City,Chelsea or Liverpool he is in dreamland unless he wants to spend 3/4 years on the bench. Top player at a top 10 team  but not top 3/4 ,that is his level.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ian S said:

Not a lot of competition but I disagree, he constantly gets a free pass based on the cup final but he has been bang average.

If he thinks he is getting a move to the likes  of Man City,Chelsea or Liverpool he is in dreamland unless he wants to spend 3/4 years on the bench. Top player at a top 10 team  but not top 3/4 ,that is his level.

Really?

When fit, he's been amongst our best players this season.  

His goals against Brentford (thunderbastard) and Man United (sublime parabola) were hardly "bang average".

His form fell off a little before his absence and he was clearly not fully restored for the game in Naples and should have been withdrawn earlier, but Youri Tielemans is nowhere near being Leicester City's biggest problem to criticise.

• Like 2

Lack of consistency is a common criticism aimed towards excellent players who end up moving to bigger and better things and thriving. Look at sadio mane, mahrez etc who were lambasted by fans when they didnt turn up at their best all the time. Tielemans will move on and he will win titles and we'll be thinking 'wow i cant believe he played for us'. It's a lot easier to perform consistently around other elite player under an elite manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Really?

His goals against Brentford (thunderbastard) and Man United (sublime parabola) were hardly "bang average".

His form fell off a little before his absence and he was clearly not fully restored for the game in Naples and should have been withdrawn earlier, but Youri Tielemans is nowhere near being Leicester City's biggest problem to criticise.

Those were indeed exceptional moments and, if it wasn't for such exceptional moments by him and others despite our shocking team displays, we'd be in a complete mess! The same goes for the points we've mostly only scraped for nearly a year now, where would we have been without Iheanacho's individual performances for example last season, the same player who now languishes on the bench. It is such individual moments that keep us from the relegation zone as we, more than many teams around us, have certain players that can provide such moments besides being poor overall. If we were playing well with such individuals we'd still be near the top obviously. 

For all the individual moments however, Tielemans does disproportionately appear to get an easy ride. They've all been poor this season and he's been equally guilty. It used to be Perez I'd criticise for constantly giving the ball to the opposition but Tielemans takes the prize this season for me. Absolutely, he's done the odd brilliant thing or scored and we, the TV cameras and pundits love it but, how often through his shoddy play has he potentially put us in danger too? It conveniently gets overlooked as it's not so glaringly obvious when it's in midfield as opposed to one of our defenders in the last third of the pitch.

Some of this I do feel occurs when Rodgers puts him in a two man midfield and they get overrun whereupon it's more difficult for him to exploit the better parts of his game. Nevertheless, he's been equally as culpable performance wise as some of our lesser worshipped players. There has to be an element of fairness I think, though by far the biggest underperformer for me for a long time now has been Rodgers himself. 

Youri is definitely high class with an excellent football brain but at the moment I think it will better for him and us if he moves on . We need a different type of midfield general now.

Maddison supplies the creativity so we need a tough commanding leader who holds up the ball well and is equally adept in defence and attack and that probably means somebody in their late twenties.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

He's like Mahrez, insofar as you can tell with his first couple of interactions whether he's going to be brilliant or have an off day.

Against Napoli this week, the ball seemed to go astray or bounce off him and it didn't look good from the start.

4 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Really?

Not sure I said or even intimidated he was our biggest problem, just that he has not been particularly impressive and I don’t think he gets in an ‘elite’ team.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Not sure I said or even intimidated he was our biggest problem, just that he has not been particularly impressive and I don’t think he gets in an ‘elite’ team.

I quoted you and highlighted the actual bit I disagreed with, which was the bit where you suggested he has been "bang average".

That's a different concept to "not elite".

18 hours ago, Jimmy said:

everyone put the blame on Soyuncu for the first, granted it wasn't a great pass but it was far from an awful ball, Tielemans gets robbed like that a lot we just normally get away with it whilst he's still on his knees appealing for a non-existent foul.

He spent most of the second half passing solely to Jonny Evans should have come off much earlier, it was a gamble worth taking but it wasn't working

It was Soyuncu's fault. He should have gone straight back to Kasper.

He literally pinged it at Tielemans. I think most players would have trouble controlling the ball like that. 

I do agree he seems to get robbed then looks for fouls a lot though.