Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I love Youri too much to want him to sign a new deal with us. If we're of the mindset that challenging for the top 4 is overachieving then he's much better off at a club that believes they should be playing and competing at the very top.

If we can get £60+ million for him in the summer then it's not terrible with a year left on his deal.

Or you just fancy another dig at the manager or the club 

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

we'll be lucky to get close to £30m for him with 1 year left

Depends how badly a team wants him. He’d likely be requesting a huge sign on fee if he left on a free so it could be more than £30m.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Or you just fancy another dig at the manager or the club 

Nah not really, the bloke deserves to be playing for a team with genuine ambitions and a chance of realising them. 

I don't think we currently have the resources to put together the squad required to achieve what Youri would like to and deserves to. He's been a top class pro for us and an absolute pleasure to watch.

We're currently putting together the foundations to achieve that in the future, but we're gonne be at least 4/5 years off having the income required to build a squad that will regularly be looking to go far in Europe whilst putting 75+ points on the board

Just now, An Sionnach said:

I reckon he would do great in Italy , with a bit less in your face pressing and forwards with the brain to read his passes he could be a major player. However , have they got the money?

They’d struggle. 

All is not done and dusted on him re-signing for us yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I love Youri too much to want him to sign a new deal with us. If we're of the mindset that challenging for the top 4 is overachieving then he's much better off at a club that believes they should be playing and competing at the very top.

If we can get £60+ million for him in the summer then it's not terrible with a year left on his deal.

To me he's in the Pogba class - would we swap for Pogba? Maybe it's my blue tinted glasses, but I'd sooner keep Youri. How do we replace a player of his quality? As hinted by others, we may have an advantage in that some continental clubs are strapped for cash now, so won't make a serious move. The downside is it makes it more likely a Premiership side will snap him up. The usual suspects....

9 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

How do we replace a player of his quality

We won't get a like for like but as long as we are prepared to spend all the money we get for him ,we can attract a high quality midfielder. What we don't want though is a raw kid or an improver.. We need the real recognised deal.

19 hours ago, Daz93 said:

His leadership was top class today in the absence of Evans. Did not stop barking orders & organising the midfield and set the standard for the press with KDH.

Agreed, I liked the way he was directing KDH at times as to where to go etc.

He should be made Captain immediately, Whether Kasper likes it or not.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Nah not really, the bloke deserves to be playing for a team with genuine ambitions and a chance of realising them. 

I don't think we currently have the resources to put together the squad required to achieve what Youri would like to and deserves to. He's been a top class pro for us and an absolute pleasure to watch.

We're currently putting together the foundations to achieve that in the future, but we're gonne be at least 4/5 years off having the income required to build a squad that will regularly be looking to go far in Europe whilst putting 75+ points on the board

I have read this post many times, and see no direct dig at Rodgers, does @filbertway know you are using their account?   :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I have read this post many times, and see no direct dig at Rodgers, does @filbertway know you are using their account?   :D

Haha I fully expected someone to see it as a dig given ive been slating the man for nearly a year :D

I dont think this is a Rodgers thing, the way we operate as a club means that we should sign players that will be "too good for us" after a couple of seasons of development.

Youri falls into that category and I fully expect little Wes to within the next 12-18 months assuming he has no further set backs.

Probably Daka as well based on his start

All we can do atm is keep signing rough diamonds and polishing them up. Once the stadium dev is out the way and were no longer spending tonnes on infrastructure. 

We should hopefully be bringing through better players to sell from the academy, improve our commercial deals and in a position where we can keep our diamonds or even buy some polished diamonds ourselves :D

This is why it's very important to me that we keep showing that this is a good club to come to for young talent. Its the only way we can realistically have a talented squad of players that are underpaid which allows us to have a top 4-6 squad despite only having a top 10 budget

• Like 2

Oh god I hope he signs. 

But, realistically, does anyone see that happening? He's a shade too good for where we're at and out of contract soon. Can you imagine how many teams must be rubbing their hands at that prospect? 

Edited by foxile5

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Would hope that Rangnick at United at whatever capacity would mean he doesn't go there because Rangnick would want a midfielder who runs. 

You have a point and I don't think he is a fit for any of the monied six bar Man.City and they have just bought Grealish. KDB has got a few years left in him as well. That is why Italy seems the best option but apparently they are all skint.

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You have a point and I don't think he is a fit for any of the monied six bar Man.City and they have just bought Grealish. KDB has got a few years left in him as well. That is why Italy seems the best option but apparently they are all skint.

Real Madrid for me is a no brainer. After us of course.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

we'll be lucky to get close to £30m for him with 1 year left

I’m not too sure. We almost definitely won’t get what his value is but if four or five clubs are interested then we should get more. The role that Tielemans plays is in demand - Real Madrid have an ageing midfield, United have nobody and Liverpool have Henderson who again, is ageing. I’m sure that the Serie A clubs will also be looking at him closely.

My hope would be that we could provoke a bidding war and drive the fee up.

Absolute piss take if loves the club that much let’s do a deal where he’ll actually leave us with a decent amount of money. Sign a new contact saying if a figure is met you leave, hate all the carry on he’ll end up going for 25m and another top club will benefit from our mistakes once again. 

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Absolute piss take if loves the club that much let’s do a deal where he’ll actually leave us with a decent amount of money. Sign a new contact saying if a figure is met you leave, hate all the carry on he’ll end up going for 25m and another top club will benefit from our mistakes once again. 

Not sure what you expect? He is not a fan of Leicester City, he has benefitted from being here and us from him.  :dunno:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He's seen how Whelan and Rudkin don't take the wishes of the players they are haggling over into account (and rightly so) so why should he do the opposite? He's looking after his own interest and been clever about it. Fair play I say.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

To me he's in the Pogba class - would we swap for Pogba? Maybe it's my blue tinted glasses, but I'd sooner keep Youri. How do we replace a player of his quality? As hinted by others, we may have an advantage in that some continental clubs are strapped for cash now, so won't make a serious move. The downside is it makes it more likely a Premiership side will snap him up. The usual suspects....

I don't even think it's blue tinted bias to say that he is far superior to Pogba??

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dannythefox said:

He's not done anything wrong really and I dare say the club haven't either. 

We have clearly been working hard to try and get him to stay and he is clearly somewhat reluctant to sign anything because he is keeping his options open. The real issue here and the reason he hasn't signed already for me is more than likely missing out on CL. If we had champions league football I think a deal is more likely to have been signed with the likelihood that he still may go this summer or next. Key difference being we would get a much higher percentage of the sales money he is worth.

All said and done though with every week passing I am more disappointed that he is gonna leave here in the summer and for likely less than we paid. It's gutting.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 1

I expect more players to run down their contracts so that when they move on the lack of a transfer fee is reflected in even higher wages and signing on fees for the player. This is likely to also benefit the agent who would get a bigger slice of the overall cost to the new club of the contract term. Not that PL players or their agents need to earn more but I suppose it shouldn’t be too surprising if they were to maximise their income for the players skills.