Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

11 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Absolute piss take if loves the club that much let’s do a deal where he’ll actually leave us with a decent amount of money. Sign a new contact saying if a figure is met you leave, hate all the carry on he’ll end up going for 25m and another top club will benefit from our mistakes once again. 

Whilst I agree to some extent I don't quite see where the club made a mistake as a contract is signed by two parties a decision by both has to be made.

Tielemans signed a reasonable contract for both parties ie period of time for x amount of wages. At the point of signing, he and his agent, believing in his capabilities, would also have had one eye on his future career which is absolutely the right thing to do. Why would he want a contract to remain with one team for too many years if he believed he could eventually do better? His initial contract was reasonable for both parties and both could have walked away at any time.  Would you rather of us not having had him for the last few years?

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Rice will either go to Chelsea or United, more likely united imo.

Can't see youri at Chelsea or Liverpool. More likely Real Madrid or Bayern.

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

If we're talking Juventus and France Pogba, no.

If we're talking Man Utd Pogba, 100%

For me, I'd take him over France and Juventus Pogba. They are different players. Pogba is more physical and can carry the ball and score goals at his best, Youri is more technical and brilliant at moving teams forward quickly with one touch passing. I think Youri is more influential in this team than even a prime Pogba would be. 

Maybe it is time to take the blue tinted specs off haha!

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

The 4 Sky Clubs seem to be wanting a high octane destroyer type player well that's the types i've seen them linked with recently but 1 manager that would use him in the correct way is Xavi.
Barcelona are the utter pits atm & could see Xavi building a team around Youri & modelling him into a 'mini-me' which he would absolutely thrive in, sticking point would be cost

32 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Back up to Gundogan presumably.

He'd do brilliantly well at Man City, if they want him thats it!

Gundogan and KDB are now 30 so as an eventual successor it seems logical. However Grealish will soon be the main man there and Youri would have to accept that.

Didn't act like a player in a rush to leave on Sunday. I still think this could go either way.

If Southampton can get £25m-30m for Danny Ings with a history of suffering knee injuries and only a year left on his contract, I don't think we will struggle to get a decent fee for Youri. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Didn't act like a player in a rush to leave on Sunday. I still think this could go either way.

If Southampton can get £25m-30m for Danny Ings with a history of suffering knee injuries and only a year left on his contract, I don't think we will struggle to get a decent fee for Youri. 

English tax and a striker who go for more money

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

English tax and a striker who go for more money

Youri has scored more goals than ings this season. We'd get at least 50m for him.

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Gundogan and KDB are now 30 so as an eventual successor it seems logical. However Grealish will soon be the main man there and Youri would have to accept that.

Nothing preordained about Grealish being the main man. Youri is twice the playmaker and has goals in him as well. Very different types of players with different strengths. Being better is all that matters and Youri wouldn't have to accept sxxt.

26 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He'd need more than that. Make him assistant manager too.

With the amount of time him and Rodgers already confer I would expect he's already claimed that title. Ownership share probably holds more sway.:)

11 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Nothing preordained about Grealish being the main man. Youri is twice the playmaker and has goals in him as well. Very different types of players with different strengths. Being better is all that matters and Youri wouldn't have to accept sxxt.

Youri is a very good player and in the main has done a good job for us. We musn't forget however that he has often been pretty poor as well. Although as I have said that is probably not all his fault. There is a hierarchy at Man.City and KDB, Gundogan ,Silva ,Grealish and maybe even Foden would be above him. That may not worry him because the opportunity to play with these players must be attractive to him. Anyway he still has a job to do for us for the rest of the season.

Edited by An Sionnach

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Youri is a very good player and in the main has done a good job for us. We musn't forget however that he has often been pretty poor as well. Although as I have said that is probably not all his fault. There is a hierarchy at Man.City and KDB, Gundogan ,Silva ,Grealish and maybe even Foden would be above him. That may not worry him because the opportunity to play with these players must be attractive to him. Anyway he still has a job to do for us for the rest of the season.

I disagree with all of that. Have a hard time believing that if he produces he will not rise right to the top. I would think that a football team is a severe meritocracy. As in its the performance that matters not your name. Couldn't think of a worse thing for player morale. Its not a game to them.

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

He has more league goals for us than Okazaki had, and in less games. And from a deeper position. 

Shinji rarely hit the back of the net even when he did score goals, scoring definitely wasn't his strong suit at the highest level :D

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

I disagree with all of that. Have a hard time believing that if he produces he will not rise right to the top. I would think that a football team is a severe meritocracy. As in its the performance that matters not your name. Couldn't think of a worse thing for player morale. Its not a game to them.

I am pretty sure he would move up the ranking pretty quickly because Guardiola loves an intelligent player but of course there are lot of big fishes in Man City's pond.