Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

54 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I was completely resigned to him going, but I am not so sure after Sunday's match. He definitely wasn't playing or reacting like someone who has half an eye on the exit. 

It's the hope that kills you!! That smile is always lovely to see. But I don't read too much into it. He's a very good pro and a team player. He was delighted with the win & performance. I would still be amazed if he signs an extension.

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

How much can we realistically expect to get for him if he goes this Jan or summer ? (Without any new deal here)

He doesn’t seem to be in a rush to leave so if we couldn’t get £60 million for him I could see us risking him running his contract down and going on a free. Because having him for another season is probably worth more to us than letting him go cheap

I really don't think he will stay, don't get me wrong, but I think it's to his credit that I suspect he's actually thought harder about it than you might expect.

He strikes me as the type who will pick his move carefully. I'm not sure Man City is for him - I think he likes to be a key figure, when you look at his career to date, and I'm not sure he starts every game when he's up against Gundogan, De Bruyne and Bernando Silva (who is the best player in the league for me right now). I have a sense, and I of course could be completely wrong, that he values the journey and his own contribution above total medals won.

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

He doesn’t seem to be in a rush to leave so if we couldn’t get £60 million for him I could see us risking him running his contract down and going on a free. Because having him for another season is probably worth more to us than letting him go cheap

He is a real pro Youri and he would try to maintain his standard right up to his last match for us. Football is a business though and L.C.F.C. would have to consider an attractive offer. They will not get ripped off though.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

He is a real pro Youri and he would try to maintain his standard right up to his last match for us. Football is a business though and L.C.F.C. would have to consider an attractive offer. They will not get ripped off though.

Oh yes if we get an attractive offer we would let him go but if we only got offered £40 million because clubs thought he was in the last year of his contract I don’t think we would take it as there’s no way we can replace him properly with that and the difference between finishing in Europe or not is worth about that much anyway so if he can help us get there and leaves on a free afterwards I think that makes more sense than accepting a low offer just because he is in his last year

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Oh yes if we get an attractive offer we would let him go but if we only got offered £40 million because clubs thought he was in the last year of his contract I don’t think we would take it as there’s no way we can replace him properly with that and the difference between finishing in Europe or not is worth about that much anyway so if he can help us get there and leaves on a free afterwards I think that makes more sense than accepting a low offer just because he is in his last year

Burnley have calculated that Tarkowski might be the difference between relegation and staying in the PL so they have been prepared to take that financial hit If we get silly offers only , we might do the same.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you really think Ing is worth more the Youri? 

Ings is 29 years old and has had two good recent seasons in the PL playing for a team that regularly battles against relegation and has 3 England caps.

He has a history of severe knee injuries, which resulted in him missing two whole seasons.

His suitors were mid-table PL teams.  

Youri is 24 years old and has been playing for a team fighting for the top 4 in the PL for the last two seasons and won the FA cup. 

Only two midfielders have matched his goals and assist record in the PL since he signed KDB and Fernandes. 

He is a regular for Belgium with 47 caps, has played at a WC and Euros for the number 1 rank team in the world. 

He is an elite-level player who will be on the shopping list of the top teams of Europe. English tax is only relevant to English teams due to squad rules PL and Europe.

so you didn't actually read what I said then?

Ings is English, those players move for more money and is a striker those go for more money than midfielders, if we sell Youri in the summer and get £30m for his with 1 year left on his deal I would be happy as I just cannot see us getting more then that

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He is an elite-level player who will be on the shopping list of the top teams of Europe. English tax is only relevant to English teams due to squad rules PL and Europe.

44 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

so you didn't actually read what I said then?

Ings is English, those players move for more money and is a striker those go for more money than midfielders, if we sell Youri in the summer and get £30m for his with 1 year left on his deal I would be happy as I just cannot see us getting more then that

Only if you ignore the bit were I spoke about english tax above?

Being English is only important to English clubs, Real Madrid, Barc, Bayern don't really care.

Using your logic Ings with a year left would be worth more the KDB and Fernandes with a year left on the contract?

They are the only two midfielders who can managed to match Youri 16 goals and 16 assists since he signed.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

The Spurs game on Thursday is massive if we wanna keep Youri and the fight on to qualify for Europe next season. 

We’ve seen how quickly things can turn around in the last two seasons, I don’t think Youri will be looking at moving until next summer and there’s hope we can carry on from that game against Newcastle and kick on - between now and the end of the season we could still go on to have a decent season. 

6 points out from 4th. Not even close to being decided. But if you listen to most on here the season is already over and we are shit so Rodgers out. What support!

15 hours ago, SO1 said:

6 points out from 4th. Not even close to being decided. But if you listen to most on here the season is already over and we are shit so Rodgers out. What support!

Spurs are 3 points ahead with 2 games in hand and have sacked their manager, arsenal are 4 points ahead despite getting 0 points from their first 3 games, man united are 5 points ahead and have sacked their manager, aston villa are on equal points with us having 1 game in hand having sacked their manager, Brighton are 2 points behind with 1 games in hand after being winless in 10 games, the last win being against us. All of that and we have just come off our easy run of fixtures and are about to play Spurs, Man City and Liverpool in our next 4 games. Fans who tout this 6 points off sixth nonsense have their blinkers on, the likelyhood is we're lower table by early next year with all of those teams Ive listed above us and 6th place out of sight, shocking.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Spurs are 3 points ahead with 2 games in hand and have sacked their manager, arsenal are 4 points ahead despite getting 0 points from their first 3 games, man united are 5 points ahead and have sacked their manager, aston villa are on equal points with us having 1 game in hand having sacked their manager, Brighton are 2 points behind with 1 games in hand after being winless in 10 games, the last win being against us. All of that and we have just come off our easy run of fixtures and are about to play Spurs, Man City and Liverpool in our next 4 games. Fans who tout this 6 points off sixth nonsense have their blinkers on, the likelyhood is we're lower table by early next year with all of those teams Ive listed above us and 6th place out of sight, shocking.

That's quite dramatic. 

What point are you making? Clubs around us have either sacked their manager or haven't sacked their manager. 

All you seem to show is that form changes after good or bad starts, we're just as inconsistent as the sides around us, and then suddenly we're about to shit it all up and will be lower table early next year. Does the season end at that time?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's quite dramatic. 

What point are you making? Clubs around us have either sacked their manager or haven't sacked their manager. 

All you seem to show is that form changes after good or bad starts, we're just as inconsistent as the sides around us, and then suddenly we're about to shit it all up and will be lower table early next year. Does the season end at that time?

We dont have to shit anything up to be lower table by January, unless we perform exceptionally well and beat the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and Man City, that's where we will be, we've shitted it up so far to be in the position where we're at currently. I dont think any of us will be disappointed if we lose to Liverpool and Man City, draw Spurs and beat everton, but that will still most likely have us at 10th or lower and 7+ points behind Spurs who have 2 games in hand over us. Man united and West Ham have easy fixtures as well. We're not going to make up the 10+ points to get to 6th in the second half of the season, even if we do turn the form around, the optimistic fans among us need to be realistic that Spurs, Man United and West ham are only going to pull further and further away over the coming weeks because of fixtures/games in hand.

To put it briefly we're only 6 points behind because we still have our hard fixtures from the first half of the season to come whilst the teams around us have already played theirs.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

Really would be a horrible time for us to lose him with Vardy becoming less prominent, Evans having injury problems and Schmeichel aging. Whole spine of the team potentially changing over the next few years - will have to be smart in the transfer market!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Really would be a horrible time for us to lose him with Vardy becoming less prominent, Evans having injury problems and Schmeichel aging. Whole spine of the team potentially changing over the next few years - will have to be smart in the transfer market!

On the other hand, we could have had owners that simply made hay during the unexpected halcyon days of 2015-16 in particular, cashed in, and had no long-term commitment to the club's future success. You are correct though, we need to continue to make those astute finds in our recruitment strategy but knowing that our owner's main objective is success and not simply a business venture has always reassured me. 

• Like 1

He has a way to go before he joins the true elite. He certainly has the potential but it might take him a few more years. I hope we all remain consistent about him when he leaves. I expect him to leave the PL so we won't see too much of him.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He has a way to go before he joins the true elite. He certainly has the potential but it might take him a few more years. I hope we all remain consistent about him when he leaves. I expect him to leave the PL so we won't see too much of him.

He’s a phenomenal talent. Still so young as well. 

Thought he was a bit anonymous last night, not sure this system suits him at all. Loved his attitude in the pens though, you can see he's someone who loves to win and that's what'll see him move on and ultimately succeed elsewhere, wish a few more players were like him.

• Like 1