Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Angus Sze said:

We need Tilly's magic tonight. Christmas is a day full of magic, right?

He's a Star man, not a magician. It's more likely a job for Esteban Cambiasso (or Iheanacho), he's magic, you know. 

That said, I'm not sure that even Paul Daniels and the lovely Debbie McGee can get us something out of this. 

Guest Col city fan
On 19/11/2021 at 12:17, turtmcfly said:

The prolix condescension in the rest of the post is your métier, but I think strawmanning reasons to be a snippy tit is a new one.

My post was limited in scope to a) KDH, starting b) this Saturday, against c) Chelsea. It was a rejoinder to those blithely claiming starting KDH against Chelsea would be a nailed on good idea, and that it would be a massive confidence booster for him. Of couse it might work, but I think it is more likely to fail. It was not a call to never play KDH again. That would be stupid.

Luke Thomas' experience against Pepe was an example of how the opposite of a massive confidence boost can occur when a young player with limited Prem experience is started against decent opposition. It was not a call to never play Luke Thomas again. That would be stupid.

🤔

Was great last season but honestly think he's having a pretty poor season overall this time bar about 5 or 6 games where he runs the show.

His performances have been about 25% genius, 50% average and 25% absolute stinkers so far this season. Today was in the latter category.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Sampson said:

Was great last season but honestly think he's having a pretty poor season overall this time bar about 5 or 6 games where he runs the show.

His performances have been about 25% genius, 50% average and 25% absolute stinkers so far this season. Today was in the latter category.

Hard to dispute that. Very poor season for a player like Youri.

13 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Is any player having a good season??

it all points to system / motivation / confusion to me …. Ie. The manager

KDH is coming along nicely and showing signs of becoming a decent player in the future. But yes, a lot of established players are waning fast. But I think Madders is going to end the season on a high.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we gave Rogers the boot though.

Edited by phoneticerror

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

KDH is coming along nicely and showing signs of becoming a decent player in the future. But yes, a lot of established players are waning fast. But I think Madders is going to end the season on a high.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we gave Rogers the boot though.

Yeah they’re the two from 25 I’d pick out too!

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Amartey.

Agree with this. For a player who's been made to sit on the bench, and then be thrown in here there and everywhere, he's actually been one of our best players.

He'll never do anything that particularly draws your attention because he's not that type of player. But he's been pretty solid for someone with very limited game time.

• Like 1

We haven't been playing a formation that suits his strengths. Rodgers has spent a lot of the season pissing about with 3 in midfield where he's one side of Ndidi. He was stupidly wide and wasted Vs Liverpool in particular.

Tielemans in a 4231 is where he's at his best - and our team is. Yet Rodgers seems to have avoided this most of the season.

On 15/12/2021 at 12:54, honeybradger said:

Spurs are 3 points ahead with 2 games in hand and have sacked their manager, arsenal are 4 points ahead despite getting 0 points from their first 3 games, man united are 5 points ahead and have sacked their manager, aston villa are on equal points with us having 1 game in hand having sacked their manager, Brighton are 2 points behind with 1 games in hand after being winless in 10 games, the last win being against us. All of that and we have just come off our easy run of fixtures and are about to play Spurs, Man City and Liverpool in our next 4 games. Fans who tout this 6 points off sixth nonsense have their blinkers on, the likelyhood is we're lower table by early next year with all of those teams Ive listed above us and 6th place out of sight, shocking.

The Shock is such posts....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Amartey.

Yeah possibly …. Along with KDH they are in the side due to injuries, not choice.

Happy they’ve taken their chance though, and wish we’d shuffle the pack more often to give players like these a chance?

7 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Yeah possibly …. Along with KDH they are in the side due to injuries, not choice.

Happy they’ve taken their chance though, and wish we’d shuffle the pack more often to give players like these a chance?

I think Thomas has done ok too.

He's had to step up sooner than anticipated and he's done well for a young lad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I think Thomas has done ok too.

He's had to step up sooner than anticipated and he's done well for a young lad.

Yeah another good shout … I kinda think Thomas broke through spectacularly last year and is as good as he was then though?

41 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Yeah another good shout … I kinda think Thomas broke through spectacularly last year and is as good as he was then though?

Definitely..but this season he's had much poorer players around him and for a young lad he's handled that situation well..

With Ricardo/Castagne or Justin , Fofana, Evans with him in the back 4 I think he would have looked very very good this season. I left Cags out of that list because I think he's been very inconsistent!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Is any player having a good season??

it all points to system / motivation / confusion to me …. Ie. The manager

Sure there are players having good seasons. Only the top 3 have mote goals per games than us. Our attack has largely been superb this season.

Theyve both had the odd poor games but Vardy and Maddison have both had excellent seasons and positively affected far more games than Tielemans for example - they've been hands down been our best 2 players, Iheanacho has also done a lot more good than bad.

I know people like to make the "it's the formation" excuse like they do with Ndidi because people can never admit when Ndidi or Tielemans are just being poor. But he reminds me of the Tielemans of 2 seasons ago again when he had a pretty mediocre season playing in the 4-2-3-1 as well,.

Edited by Sampson

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Sure there are players having good seasons. Only the top 3 have mote goals per games than us. Our attack has largely been superb this season,

Theyve both had the odd poor games but I would say Vardy and Maddison have both had excellent seasons and positively affected far more games than Tielemans for example Iheanacho has also done a lot more good than bad.

You think Nacho has had a good season??

I thought he was phenomenal last season, but badly mismanaged into average / par form this season.

(but this is the Youri thread so I’m conscious the FT Police may not be happy)! 

Edited by 5waller5

9 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

You think Nacho has had a good season??

I thought he was phenomenal last season, but badly mismanaged into average / par form this season.

Yes. Absolutely. He was superb up until about late October, him and Vardy were a level above every one till then, then bizarrely got dropped after only 2 average games, he's been superb. Miles better than Tielemans.

If you think 4 goals and 7 assists from 1,010 minutes this season - that's a goal or assist every 91 minutes is "average" then your expectations are absurd. Only Salah beats those kind of numbers.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

I’m a massive advocate of his but Youri was woeful yesterday. Should have been substituted a lot earlier than he was to just call it a day and keep the minutes out of his legs.

I would hope we won’t suffer him knowing that he’s on his way in the very near future and looking around at the shower surrounding him this season and thinking “not sure I can be arsed with this”.

Yesterday felt a little like that.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yes. Absolutely. He was superb up until about late October, him and Vardy were a level above every one till then, then bizarrely got dropped after only 2 average games, he's been superb. Miles better than Tielemans.

If you think 4 goals and 7 assists from 1,010 minutes this season - that's a goal or assist every 91 minutes is "average" then your expectations are absurd. Only Salah beats those kind of numbers.

Either my expectation are indeed absurd, or I watch the games and have an informed opinion that runs deeper than 2 statistics?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Either my expectation are indeed absurd, or I watch the games and have an informed opinion that runs deeper than 2 statistics?

Yep you're right, it is either of those things - it's the former, it's certainly not informed beyond those 2 statistics - as you can look at almost any statistic and see Iheanacho is having a great season in terms of chances created, finishing or whatever else, as well as just the eye test. I think it's more just recency bias and you're forgetting just how good he was prior to the Arsenal game where he was bullying defenders.

So yes, it's unquestionably that your expectations are absurd and you've become numb to just how good out forward players in general have been this season. People have become numb to just how good Vardy is for years, the fact people are ludicrously mentioning the likes of Dewsbury-Hall or Luke Thomas ahead of Vardy for our best player so far shows just how absurdly numb to how good Vardy is we've become. Looks like Iheanacho is becoming the same way.

Edited by Sampson

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’m a massive advocate of his but Youri was woeful yesterday. Should have been substituted a lot earlier than he was to just call it a day and keep the minutes out of his legs.

I would hope we won’t suffer him knowing that he’s on his way in the very near future and looking around at the shower surrounding him this season and thinking “not sure I can be arsed with this”.

Yesterday felt a little like that.

I don't think Youri is like that at all, I think he really cares, even if he is on his way out

Remember only a couple of games ago him punching the air celebrating winning a throw in

• Like 3