Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He’s been off it all season. Ppl keep saying they want this guy over Maddison if they had to choose. Madders has pissed over this guy this season.

He hasn't been off it all season mate. He's been one of our better players, but with the obvious exception of Maddison (and maybe Thomas) you could say every player is worse this season compared to last season.

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Some right load of bollocks on here tonight. Tielemans is and will be one of the finest players to ever wear a Leicester shirt.

We honestly don't deserve players like him and Maddison if we kick shit out of them every time they have a bad run of games. 

His contract is on its way out, he’s not signing a new one and his performances have been poor most of this season. He’s clearly got his eye and mind on his next move.

You’re right though, we don’t deserve him at the moment. We deserve better.

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He’s been off it all season. Ppl keep saying they want this guy over Maddison if they had to choose. Madders has pissed over this guy this season.

That's such a fashionable comment. Praise the twinkle toes. But hey are not the same player at all. One is the conductor. The other swans about, doing markedly less graft, but with the space afforded to him by others work. You simply can't compare their contributions through a like for like lens. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

His contract is on its way out, he’s not signing a new one and his performances have been poor most of this season. He’s clearly got his eye and mind on his next move.

Has he though? He has 5 goals already this season and we are only half way through. 

Does he seem like the sort of player to not put a shift in to you? He was bad tonight but **** me some stupid knee jerk reactions on here. 

I can't criticise Tielemans. Light years above most of this team. He's made a mistake but bailed us out many times before.

I would sell him this month if we can now. I doubt it'll happen but it would get us more cash and we need to prepare for next season without him.

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

5 goals in 15 games this season just is not 'poor'. He's maybe had some games where his level has been lower than usual, but overall it's stupid to call his season poor.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Most blame you'll get from Rodgers in media

And yet literally 10 seconds later he was blaming Vestegaard for Spurs’ second.

It was a poor pass by Tielemans, a player of his experience should know that wasn’t the time. But Rodgers clearly blaming individual players for the defeat is not a good look, I’ve got a lot of sympathy for Rodgers at the moment but this is an aspect of his character that comes out time and again when his back is against the wall.

Time to cash in. Not even taking tonight into account, he has looked a shadow of previous seasons with us since his initial loan.

Thanks for the memories Youri, its been a blast and will never forget the FA Cup winning goal, ever.

But clearly it is time to move on whilst we can get a decent offer for you with whatever time you have left on your contract, clearly wants out anyway.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Why can people never just accept when Tielemans is in poor form?

To be fair, I did feel sorry for him tonight. He was completely over run and being asked to do a holding role in the middle with no defensive midfielder. He's not the quickest or strongest and it's not his game. It was absurd selection when you've got Bouba on the bench and Hamza at fvcking centre back. 

Yes, he's not in the best form but still he was absolutely sold out by Rodgers tonight. 

Youri is either top banana or absolutely gash, there's no in-between, I think he has his bags packed and is distracted although it does take him a run of games to get into a rhythm. I wonder if performances like today will prevent a top side from coming in for him though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

It was a poor pass by Tielemans, a player of his experience should know that wasn’t the time. But Rodgers clearly blaming individual players for the defeat is not a good look, I’ve got a lot of sympathy for Rodgers at the moment but this is an aspect of his character that comes out time and again when his back is against the wall.

To be fair, as much as Rodgers got a hell of a lot wrong (and i mean pretty much everything), the two goals in stoppage time were literally about doing your basics right and keeping your heads.

10 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Has he though? He has 5 goals already this season and we are only half way through. 

Does he seem like the sort of player to not put a shift in to you? He was bad tonight but **** me some stupid knee jerk reactions on here. 

He's scored a bunch of penalties while Vardy has been out, nothing wrong with that but it's a weird argument, I'm sure we have other players who are good at penalties when Vardy is off the pitch.

What's knee jerk about it? Its not just tonight, in the last 6 matches alone he was almost as bad vs Napoli as he was tonight and even worse than tonight vs ManCity.

Edited by Sampson

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Not sure it's that bad to call a couple of poor performances out after that shambles at the end. I don't think Rodgers does it that much but today feels warranted. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, I did feel sorry for him tonight. He was completely over run and being asked to do a holding role in the middle with no defensive midfielder. He's not the quickest or strongest and it's not his game. It was absurd selection when you've got Bouba on the bench and Hamza at fvcking centre back. 

Yes, he's not in the best form but still he was absolutely sold out by Rodgers tonight. 

Overran by Winks, Skipp and Hojberg  though 

Can you imagine Cambiasso running the midfield if we were 2-1 up and 95mins played? He would own the midfield and ensure the team saw out the win. He certainly wouldn't lose his head or play a silly pass like that.

Youri is not as good as he thinks he is. He definitely has had his head turned and was looking for that headline grabbing wonder goal all night to seal a move and it came at the expense of controlling the game for the team. It's not very professional and he won't last long at a top club with that sort of attitude.

He should have matured by now.

• Like 1