Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

He’s a great player but isn’t a deep lying pivot as he demonstrated tonight. Had a real off day and has to hold up his hands for that shit show at the end but the midfield set up compromised him and Maddison and neither had the greatest game. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, I did feel sorry for him tonight. He was completely over run and being asked to do a holding role in the middle with no defensive midfielder. He's not the quickest or strongest and it's not his game. It was absurd selection when you've got Bouba on the bench and Hamza at fvcking centre back. 

Yes, he's not in the best form but still he was absolutely sold out by Rodgers tonight. 

This is exactly the shit I was talking about. He was shit because he was making shit simple passes.

Spurs had at least 4 counter attacks which came as a direct result of him misplacing a simple pass where the Leicester player is in space.

No one is talking about his lack of defensive ability.

Can you please explain what "being asked to do the holding role" or having "Hamza at centre back" has to do with being unable to make a simple pass when a Leicester player is in space.

Again, people make every unrelated excuse for him I'm the book in a way they don't for any other player.

You're literally using Choudhury being out of position as an excuse for Tielemans misplacing simple passes and giving Spurs simple counter attacking opportunities, there's no "to be fair" about it. It's just bizarre unrelated excuses that no other players gets afforded.

Edited by Sampson

17 minutes ago, Raj said:

Hes been $hit since "that goal"

True, he's only scored worldies against Man Utd and Brentford since.

14 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Overran by Winks, Skipp and Hojberg  though 

What's your point? Highly aggressive pressers and thought the latter two had excellent games. Højbjerg was just about everywhere on the pitch today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You're literally using Choudhury being out of position as an excuse for Tielemans misplacing simple passes

I mean, not even figuratively. You've gone beyond a straw man and started off all Christopher Lee. 

I get you're angry and fired up, we all are, but you're looking for an argument that isn't there. 

I'm not saying he played well, I'm saying I've got sympathy. 

6 minutes ago, shen said:

True, he's only scored worldies against Man Utd and Brentford since.

What's your point? Highly aggressive pressers and thought the latter two had excellent games. Højbjerg was just about everywhere on the pitch today.

Okay so by this logic any kind of aggresive press and Tielemans has an excuse to crumble? Can't wait for him to get pressed by Jack Colback in the cup 🤣. He is a class player, probably a step above us, but everything he did looked laboured tonight

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, not even figuratively. You've gone beyond a straw man and started off all Christopher Lee. 

I get you're angry and fired up, we all are, but you're looking for an argument that isn't there. 

I'm not saying he played well, I'm saying I've got sympathy. 

It's not a strawman and it is "literally", you were responding to my quote saying "why can't people just accept when Tielemans is in form rather than talking about the system or the players around him" with a literal and black and white post about the system and the players around him.

It's not a strawman, unless you are deliberately misinterpreting my post and trying to strawman my original argument.

it's a simple question:

What does having Choudhury at centre-back or the "absurd selection" of other players have to do with him misplacing simple passes to other players in space?

Him being poor tonight was nothing to do with him being "overrun", it was about him misplacing simple passes, which has nothing to do with the system or players around him.

No one is arguing he's been shit recently because he's been "overrun". We're arguing he's been shit recently because he's forgotten how to make simple passes to Leicester players in space - he's constantly giftied counter-attacks to Spurs, Man City and Napoli in the last 5 or 6 games alone by misplacing simple passes to Leicester players in space.

I think you're trying to conflate two things and you're talking about him being "overrun" to try and claim people are criticising him for his defensive work rather mask over what people are rightly criticising him for, which at the moment is his simple, short passing, which has been really, really bad recently and that has nothing to do with the players around him.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

Just now, LestaAl said:

We all make mistakes and tonight was his time . 
…sadly he’s gone in the summer and we will miss him.

Of course we will miss him if he goes. He's arguably the best midfielder we have had over the past two decades along with Kanté.

Our PL season is a complete write-off now. It's so disappointing and frankly unexpected that the coup de grace was delivered by Tielemans of all players.

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Okay so by this logic any kind of aggresive press and Tielemans has an excuse to crumble? Can't wait for him to get pressed by Jack Colback in the cup 🤣. He is a class player, probably a step above us, but everything he did looked laboured tonight

Spurs are well ahead of us in the table. Their midfield is arguably better than ours. I think Højbjerg in particular is not getting the recognition his performances for Spurs have deserved over the past two seasons. I don't rate Winks much either, but Skipp is decent enough.

As for Tielemans, he's obviously not the most physical and him getting 'sacked' in our half is one of his few weaknesses. Today he was particularly prone to errors, which was exarcebated by Spurs' pressing well.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Spurs are well ahead of us in the table. Their midfield is arguably better than ours. I think Højbjerg in particular is not getting the recognition his performances for Spurs have deserved over the past two seasons. I don't rate Winks much either, but Skipp is decent enough.

As for Tielemans, he's obviously not the most physical and him getting 'sacked' in our half is one of his few weaknesses. Today he was particularly prone to errors, which was exarcebated by Spurs' pressing well.

Not having that that Spurs midfield is better than ours. Hojbjerg, Winks and Skipp is the equivalent of Puel's infamous triple CDM axis of Ndid, Mendy and Hamza!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not having that that Spurs midfield is better than ours. Hojbjerg, Winks and Skipp is the equivalent of Puel's infamous triple CDM axis of Ndid, Mendy and Hamza!

Yet it clearly was superior to ours today and has been all season. It's not even really up for debate.

• Sad 1

This season is a write off so if we can get anyone to bid £50m+ for him this window then get him gone and use KDH more. Amazing player for us and will always be a legend for his goal in the cup final but anyone who isn't committed needs moving on ASAP! 

3 minutes ago, shen said:

Yet it clearly was superior to ours today and has been all season. It's not even really up for debate.

Says who? The fact that Spurs are doing better than us isn't down to their bang average midfield. They've got zero creativity in there which is why Conte is desperate to make signings. Spurs are ahead of us because they've been able to field a more settled team and are not missing 6 first team defenders like we still are, and it was 7 until Justin returned in the second half tonight. The absence of key players in defence undermines even the best teams as we saw with Liverpool last season. You really think Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison is not a better CM trio than that Spurs 3 tonight??!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, shen said:

You would swap their midfield 3 for ours? No chance. I tell you what if you offered to swap 90% of spurs fans would take that in a heartbeat. They were better today As our main midfielder was atrocious - that can happen in a one off game

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

This season is a write off so if we can get anyone to bid £50m+ for him this window then get him gone and use KDH more. Amazing player for us and will always be a legend for his goal in the cup final but anyone who isn't committed needs moving on ASAP! 

Have to agree with this. Doesn’t look like his hearts in it at all. 

The fact the thought that his agent has told him to play bad to lower our asking price even crossed my mind paints the picture of how bad he was. 

I miss our youri