Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, LVocey said:

Way too much recency bias in this thread, and also people wanting Youri to not be that good because he's off soon.

Without him, we have no-one in centre midfield who can pass between the lines.

You can look in this thread and see plenty of people have been saying for months he's had an, ahem, average season. 

You'll also see how every third/fourth game he plays well/very well and the gushing 'world class' stuff, the 'too good for us' guff comes out again. For some of us, being world class means being world class week in/week out, not occasionally being world class (working translation: very good with the flashes of genius chucked in), less often than you're being not remotely world class.

I'd suggest it's the 'gushers' who are better examples of recency bias at work than people responding to what's been an extended run of much lower than expected form. 

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Youri is well suited to us 

I’m not sure he would fit many prem clubs because his speed over the first five yards is lacking 

Probably best to go abroad but he would earn more over here 

In interviews i have seen of him he comes across as a very smart, family orientated person.  He has 2 kids that he will want to ensure have the best education possible, and he will want to maximise his personal opportunities. I think he will have to go aboard to do that, and whatever he picks will also include his families needs. 

The part that niggles me is will he risk this all before the next World Cup? He is almost undroppable for Leicester, and a Yuri playing well for us gets into the Belgian squad for the next world cup (i presume anyway!). However, stepping up to top tier in Spain or Italy he moves into a realm where there will be more competition for his place and he risks not be getting the games he needs. He knows full well these moves don't always work out. 

But then im probably reading too much into it!

50 minutes ago, Corky said:

A few weeks ago he was celebrating winning throw-ins. A couple of weeks ago he applauds all four stands after scoring. Now he's desperate to go and given up?

Not having it.

And don't forget he's "****ing dynamite" as we are lead to believe!!

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly my thoughts.

If you count say the three at the moment most would call the worlds best. 

Lewandowski - ably supported by a brilliant midfield 

Ronaldo - well this spell at Man U and his latter time at Juve tells us he needs support 

Messi - despite the wealth of talent at PSG it’s not clicking the same extent as it did when at Barca, he had a team built around him 

Even when you consider the best of the PL. De Brunye, it fell to pieces in the recent CL final without an adequate midfield anchor. 

Highlights how much of a genius Maradona was. In particular at Italia 90. (And at spells Vardy)

...water carriers are the foundation of teams, you build your team on them!!!

Maradona had two able lieutenants in that team, but he was an unbelievable player, for me the best ever that I have seen play. Not a good human being though.

16 hours ago, gerblod said:

It ever fascinates me how individuals (like yourself) can assemble a ghost army of like-minded posters - at your command, naturally, in an attempt to bolster what is solely your take on my opinion.

When you're able to muster more than zero 'likes' for your assertion, then I might run for cover from the howls of derision that could assail me. Until then I'll reassert that Tielemans is, for whatever reason, prone to lapses of concentration in his passing in potentially calamitous situations and has been since he arrived at City.

As for Maddison, I would strongly maintain that his difficulties in presenting his 'sumptuosity' heretofore had been because of a nagging injury emanating from his hip and the muscles inserting therein - and not focus.

"Recency" - apposite word for the ebb and flow of opinion on this forum. I'll use it - when appropriate.

The thesaurus your nan got you went down well.

To work to its absolute best out midfield needs Ndidi doing the dirty work, tackles, interceptions and playing a simple ball. 
It needs Tielemans calm composure on the ball and it needs Madders creativity.

When one is missing the whole thing doesn’t work as well. 
I strongly believe if we have those three and at least one of Evans or Fofana (ideally both) in a back 4 then we are a match for anyone in this league.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

To work to its absolute best out midfield needs Ndidi doing the dirty work, tackles, interceptions and playing a simple ball. 

I strongly believe if we have those three and at least one of Evans or Fofana (ideally both) in a back 4 then we are a match for anyone in this league.

Imagine that. You'd think football was a team sport,

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

.. does your take on our squads quality align with Rodgers stating we have over achieved!!!

We have had, (not too many times recently I  might add )these players in the same team at one time. I totally agree we are a match for any team, but cannot agree that we have in anyway "over achieved".

• Like 1

On 21/01/2022 at 07:42, bennytwohats said:

That’s one way of putting it. Another is fickle.

Funny you deride the ‘army of likeminded posters’ then go on to dismiss me because of zero likes. It’s a strange way to measure what someone else is saying, but do you.

My point is that it’s an easy point to level at this point in time, but if you extend your time horizon back over the past few months, even past couple of seasons, your view simply doesn’t pass muster. To me they are the kinds of views one should question before putting all their weight behind, but again, do you. We will have to agree to disagree, which is perfectly fine.

Fine.

My view is as fickle as many other posters on here, but I also attempt to reflect on the longview.

My feeling when we win and when we lose isn't going to be anything other than pleased or miserable and I will blame some factor or other in the case of the latter. It's human nature to react passionately to such events in ones life. Not exactly Spockian but I'm not Vulcan (if there existed such a humanoid). 

I thought I'd given you my opinion on Tielemans lack of consistency and focus in his passing. The only way to objectively assess that is to enumerate those wayward passes and then compare with other players. I don't regret basing an opinion on a feeling - because that has some roots in observation. I don't have a vendetta against him - just an exasperation with him.

Really, your denial is as valid and partial as is mine. The interesting aspect is how defensive some posters are of him. I've encountered two more who've gone far more overboard (to the point of nastiness) in defending Youri.

On 22/01/2022 at 00:02, Haydos said:

The thesaurus your nan got you went down well.

Do you think that your comment is in any way novel? I've had posters take me to task about my use of English in far more inventive ways than you. Perhaps instead of trying to shoot me down you'd be better employed in accessing a Thesaurus yourself. Nothing amiss in self-improvement, boyo.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another atrocious performance.

No doubt we'll get a load of the usual "it's the system not the player" excuse-makers and the "stop being fickle, its one game, he's amazing every other game" people who seem to have been watching a completely different player all season though, still thinking they're watching the same player as the first half of last season.

Edited by Sampson

Guest Kopfkino

Don’t want to see him in the starting 11 over Dewsbury-Hall again. Let him dream of whichever big club will be shipping him back out after 18 months on the bench and stop wasting a shirt