Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very disappointed with him recently. 

He's meant to be a leader but isn't playing like one. 

I know he was a bit younger but what was he like towards the end of his time at Monaco? 

They didn't really play him did they? And I think he signed sort of when they had the jardim/Henry thing where they were fighting relegation

He is not world class but can be a star player for Leicester.

It's almost as if he is driving his sale price down but you can't make crazy assumptions like that.

Shouldn't be in the team on current form but there is always the hope he does something.

Besides, no one is making a case for taking his place.

Mentally he's not been on the game all season.  Nothing is going to change that.  He's going through the motions while collecting a hefty sum to be snapped up by another club for an even heftier sum.

Why would you push the boat out and go the extra mile?  It's all too easy, just sit back and coast until June.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Tielemans is a great player, unless the going gets tough. Which is fine sometimes, as the best have someone else alongside them who can thrive but unfortunately Ndidi is having a really poor season. We will miss him, and I find it hard to read so much criticism of him. He will be fine in a team that dominates every game. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

People, me included, definitely cut him slack because he is a world class player. If he doesn’t want to be here, he should fvck off. 

Could understand claims in previous years that he could/would become world class. 

Maybe it will still happen, but no way has it happened yet

36 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They didn't really play him did they? And I think he signed sort of when they had the jardim/Henry thing where they were fighting relegation

Joined them in Summer 2017

17/18 - 35 appearances, 24 starts

18/19 - 30 appearances, 30 starts

Then joined us

17/18 he was behind Moutinho and Fabinho, both of which left the following summer and they didn't really replace them so Youri got a chance in 18/19

Named one of the leagues biggest flops in the league for the 17/18 season, then of course 18/19 was the Monaco absolute shambles season

Would go with a mildfield 3 of Wilf, KDH and Madders  against any team who's going to be semi physical while Youri is out of form and stop this reliance on playing out from the back with everything in midfield going through one player. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Mentally he's not been on the game all season.  Nothing is going to change that.  He's going through the motions while collecting a hefty sum to be snapped up by another club for an even heftier sum.

Why would you push the boat out and go the extra mile?  It's all too easy, just sit back and coast until June.

You're so right, he has to be dropped as well as wilf, those 2 just don't offer anything, madders was having to come so deep to get anything going he was ineffective where he was supposed to be changing the game 

Guest Col city fan

I did say that about 18 months ago

Put Youri in a confident side, playing well and going forward and he’s exceptional.

Put him in a team under pressure and on the back foot and he’s next to useless.

Thats always been the case with him

And I suspect it’s why he’s never quite made the ‘biggest clubs’ yet. It’s very clear to see.

Today you could have literally forgotten he was playing. Was he?

Or have I just imagined it?

7 minutes ago, turlo said:

Would go with a mildfield 3 of Wilf, KDH and Madders  against any team who's going to be semi physical while Youri is out of form and stop this reliance on playing out from the back with everything in midfield going through one player. 

Why wilf? He's been crap also, deffo never puts in a shift for some reason, another who wants a move I think

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Never good against teams that are in your face 

....true, does not like being pressed!!!

The fact that Soumare was brought in was I believe to release him from any defensive responsibilities and allow him to venture forward more. We needed the energy and physicality of KDH in the team today which would have helped to pin them back or stop them from breaking on us.

The usual thing about hindsight, but as soon as the team was announced and Kasper was not there, it said we won't have to do much to win, I would think it said the same to our players as well. If you introduce a poor mindset at the start, it will be hard to get out of it, and once we found ourselves behind there was no one there to help them understand what was happening.

You cannot keep introducing negative ideas to players before they go out to play. You are going to find that they can only motivate themselves when there is a big carrot at the end of it. Sometimes when the game is big enough, you forget what the manager said and you just go out and do your job.

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Borderline unprofessional from him today tbf, bitterly disappointing.

.....it is like reading the Monaco forum all over again!!!

You would have thought he would look to avoid ever being  in this situation ever again. You can bet that he will go through this relationship with fans again if he moves on.

Edited by sacreblueits442

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

absolutely awful, along with Wilf as well who I'd bench. KDH a local lad would have been right up for it today, absolutely criminal he wasnt in that starting 11

....absolutely....!!!

We should not allow ourselves to be dominated, Wilf and Youri in the double pivot provides little protection to our backline. Three in the middle, no messing about, teams dominate us too often