Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They didn't really play him did they? And I think he signed sort of when they had the jardim/Henry thing where they were fighting relegation

....Jardim refused to manage Monaco if Youri was still there!!!

He was berated by the Monaco fans and they like what we are reading wanted him out of their club. Our intervention was a godsend it seems, as the 6 months with us his price had solidified and they got a good deal out of it.

I keep reading that "he's checked out", "doesn't want to play for Leicester", "has moved on in his head" ....

Anyone else think he doesn't believe in Rodgers and is struggling to play for him? Maybe if the manager changes then YT signs a new contract???

• Like 2

Deja vu ? When Riyad was running down his time at city the same thing happened mostly insipid displays with the occasional spark of brilliance that can still change a game. So what is BR to do play him in hope and maintain his value or drop him now and use the remaining matches to plan for the future 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Getin said:

Deja vu ? When Riyad was running down his time at city the same thing happened mostly insipid displays with the occasional spark of brilliance that can still change a game. So what is BR to do play him in hope and maintain his value or drop him now and use the remaining matches to plan for the future 

the difference is Riyad played on the wing so him going missing wasn't so big of a problem Youri is at the heart of everything

5 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I keep reading that "he's checked out", "doesn't want to play for Leicester", "has moved on in his head" ....

Anyone else think he doesn't believe in Rodgers and is struggling to play for him? Maybe if the manager changes then YT signs a new contract???

Its possible, but we dont know until the manager is changed (whilst he still at club). 

Don't think he will be walking into a bigger clubs starting 11 anytime soon at this rste. A fantastic player when he's on form but he looks like he leaving and I can't see us getting much more than what we paid for him.

I know we're all feeling sore after yesterday but let's not pile in on Youri. Okay, he was very poor against Forest but he's been a brilliant player for us on the whole. He's been inconsistent this season of course but he's still been one of our better players in my view, even if the competition hasn't been great.  

Youri is not to blame for the defeat, but he's not as good as some have made out on here.  Don't forget he has struggled at times with the pace and physicality of the prem league.  Personally I think he's better suited to the Italian or Spanish leagues. 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Chrysalis said:

Absolutely he needs to be supported, I often have seen him off the pace, not reacting quickly enough etc.

This is why I havent really commented on his performances as I feel the problems are systematic in the team and management.

Yes they are

We had 2 chances that we basically threw away at getting into the champions league. The additional money and prestige would have given us access to better players and helped us retain players like Youri.  Those were different to the league win as that was widely viewed as a fluke. I can't even blame Youri for wanting out and having had his head turned as he is a top player, only 24 and wants to play champions league football. He has been one of our better players in both of those 2 seasons before. If there's any blame to go around it's bringing in people like Congerton just as a job for the boys and getting rid of important background staff like Dave Rennie which coincided with us going from having one of the least amount of injuries to the most in the league. It's just a shame we couldn't get a big amount of money for him in the Jan window when transfer fees are inflated so that we could try and rebuild in the summer with the proceeds. This summer with only a year left we probably aren't going to get what we could have if someone had been desperate in Jan pushing for champions league or a title.

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think some can put away the notion that hes downed tools.. gave everything and showed the most passion in the entire team. 

Been like that for a while (made clear mainly by his reactions to us being shit!)... no way he's downed tools at any point. 

Just seems that if he's even slightly off full effort he gets exposed in a tight midfield battle, but he showed tonight that he can mix it when he's gee'd up. Great to see. 

• Like 1