Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Still think he's clearly off in the summer. Still needs to put a run of consistent displays this season. But he was much better today and I can accept that 

That's the thing with Tielemans , great players are far more consistent than him. He has the brain and the skill to be an elite player but disappoints far too often. Maddison , who is not quite at his level has realised that commitment and effort needed to be added to his football ability and is now playing very well and recovering his reputation.

Guest Col city fan

Such a shame that the club and the fans are seemingly resigned to losing Tielemans in the summer. 
He and Vardy are easily the best players at the club yet no-one seems to batting an eye-lid tbh, feeling that KDH will be a natural replacement for Youri, which is a huge joke 

He’s stopped trying as much to be sure. But you can still see (if you really watch) that he’s our most creative player by a country mile

We really are regressing now under Rodgers I’m afraid 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He didn’t do much but he battled so we can’t say he wasn’t trying. He’s not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is. Like to see him and Kasper in a race 😂😂

This is my issue....he's no Kante or Mahrez...wouldn't be surprised if when he leaves us his career nose dives....sad really

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Glad people are finally coming to terms that Tielemans is good but not THAT good. He’s a very good player but also has a lot of games where he is non existent. Top players do t do that. He’s replaceable and we are not going to miss him anywhere near as much as a Kanye, Mahrez and Vardy when he finally retires.

We can always play his back catalogue, no?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Glad people are finally coming to terms that Tielemans is good but not THAT good. He’s a very good player but also has a lot of games where he is non existent. Top players do t do that. He’s replaceable and we are not going to miss him anywhere near as much as a Kanye, Mahrez and Vardy when he finally retires.

We will do

• Like 4

Doesn't seem to be able to affect the game as much when playing on the right side of a midfield three - seems to struggle more with his physicality.

Looks better when playing as a deep lying playmaker behind a natural central 10 - like maddison.

• Like 2

I like the fact he gets the crowd going, I've said before he's looked totally disinterested and doesn't want to be here. I'll retract that on the back of the last few performances. He's not at his brilliant best and he looks like he's puffing after 60 minutes but he's done that ever since he's been here from time to time through a season. Still looks up for it to me and also like he wasn't at all happy with being taken off, another indicator that he's trying. 

As good a player as he is , he will not be hard to replace on this years form , hopefully we get a midfielder who when he receives the ball he turns and goes forward rather than just punching it back to the player who passed it to him . Can’t believe how bad he has played this year , is he hoping no- one comes in for him in the summer so he can leave the following year and get a bigger pay cheque . Time to stick him on the bench or drop him completely 

• Like 1