Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

8 hours ago, Bptiger said:

As good a player as he is , he will not be hard to replace on this years form , hopefully we get a midfielder who when he receives the ball he turns and goes forward rather than just punching it back to the player who passed it to him . Can’t believe how bad he has played this year , is he hoping no- one comes in for him in the summer so he can leave the following year and get a bigger pay cheque . Time to stick him on the bench or drop him completely 

His form in 2022 might not be very good but he was still producing in the early part of the season up to mid November.

15 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Boggles my mind that anyone can think Youri isn't world class... Just because he's moving on people have turned against him. Embarrassing

He's a very good player, but he's certainly not world class, that term gets banded about far to easily these days. It will be hard for a club to get a replacement but very doable.. I'll be far more worried about the loss of Vardy in 18 months or so..

• Like 3

13 hours ago, frany104 said:

Glad people are finally coming to terms that Tielemans is good but not THAT good. He’s a very good player but also has a lot of games where he is non existent. Top players do t do that. He’s replaceable and we are not going to miss him anywhere near as much as a Kanye, Mahrez and Vardy when he finally retires.

Always thought Maddison would be a bigger miss, compare assists and goals now he is regaining his fitness .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bozman said:

He's a very good player, but he's certainly not world class, that term gets banded about far to easily these days. It will be hard for a club to get a replacement but very doable.. I'll be far more worried about the loss of Vardy in 18 months or so..

Too inconsistent for me me at times can be invisible .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, frany104 said:

Glad people are finally coming to terms that Tielemans is good but not THAT good. He’s a very good player but also has a lot of games where he is non existent. Top players do t do that. He’s replaceable and we are not going to miss him anywhere near as much as a Kanye, Mahrez and Vardy when he finally retires.

We will miss him, not as much as Kante/Mahrez and eventually Vardy, because he is a good player for us but I still think he won't work out at a big club. 

35 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Boggles my mind that anyone can think Youri isn't world class... Just because he's moving on people have turned against him. Embarrassing

He isn't World Class though.

"World Class" is so overused nowadays.

There are a few World Class players in the league, mainly at Man City and Liverpool, but don't get that confused with just a good player.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

Don’t let this last half season cloud what he is capable of - he’s clearly been affected by the contract stuff, almost certainly angling for a move last summer that didn’t come off. But we know he can absolutely run a game, pass through the eye of a needle and score a cracker. He will go somewhere and be absolutely immense once he has his fire back, I have no doubt about that. We’ll miss him but life does go on. 

....I have always held the feeling that he will not be going anywhere!!!

He will struggle to go elsewhere and be the success he hopes to be, because he lacks the physicality and speed to operate at the required higher level. KDH should have allowed him more freedom in the midfield and with Ndidi marshalling the backline it really should have been a godsend, yet he is struggling. At 24 he should know what he needs to do to achieve the consistency required in his game, there are too many mistakes on the pitch for him to be looking to consolidate at a big club..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His form in 2022 might not be very good but he was still producing in the early part of the season up to mid November.

He really wasn’t. He’s been poor all season. Plenty have been saying it in this thread all season and his match ratings here have reflected it as well. He’s had the odd good game surrounded by 4 or 5 poor ones either side of it.

Not taking away his performances in previous season but you must have been watching a different player if you thought he was still producing up until November.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

The standard for a reliable, consistent world class midfielder is  his compatriot De Brunye. He is not as good , not because he doesn't have the game , he does. However one great game in five is not enough to make you world class. I think he would be better suited in Italy where he can use his undoubted skill and excellent football brain to better effect.

• Like 1

We WILL miss him when he’s gone - he’s one of our greatest ever midfielders - but his sharp decline in form (and especially hunger) this season will definitely soften the blow. Let’s just hope it hasn’t significantly reduced the transfer fee.

I think he's a great player whose vision is extraordinary. No doubt his contract situation being out in the open has effected him,  and he's going through the same dip in form he had in Monaco. Personally I dont begrudge him a move if he wants it, as long as we get what we paid.

13 minutes ago, Hammo said:

We WILL miss him when he’s gone - he’s one of our greatest ever midfielders - but his sharp decline in form (and especially hunger) this season will definitely soften the blow. Let’s just hope it hasn’t significantly reduced the transfer fee.

I can't disagree, but surely Junior Lewis is right up there with him.  That lad really could move around the pitch, almost effortlessly.  Just because when doing this he was often nowhere near the ball, shouldn't be held against him.  It took some talent to go missing for that long in matches.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jerry said:

Too inconsistent for me me at times can be invisible .

I watched his 1st season on a laptop in low resolution. Youri was almost invisible, an indistinct figure in midfield. Only since getting a whopping 21 Inch TV have I appreciated the hype on here.

He does work hard but he tackles like he has his eyes shut . The ball needs to come to him. 

13 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I suspect he is still hungry. Perhaps the plan is to become a free agent and get a multi million signing on fee elsewhere. A good insurance policy, keep a good attitude and try to earn a place in the team during that last season..   just how my mind works

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I think he's a great player whose vision is extraordinary. No doubt his contract situation being out in the open has effected him,  and he's going through the same dip in form he had in Monaco. Personally I dont begrudge him a move if he wants it, as long as we get what we paid.

.....absolutely astounded that he is replicating the same toxic atmosphere that emerged at Monaco!!!

He needs to grow up, it does not reflect well on him that he finds himself in a situation that his application and integrity is being called into question again. Is money so much of a lure, that he would choose to ignore however he is perceived, in order to pocket all he can get.

It is sad to watch this all being played out and it would be good for him to take a professional approach in respect of his contract and letting the club know what he intends to do and and bringing the quality that we have paid for, on to the pitch.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Well we will see if the rest of football think he's world class by the size of the fee we get for him. ( I think you will be in for a surprise that it won't be anywhere near what a world class player costs )

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many genuinely world class players in the prem? 

Alison

Ederson

Van Dijk

De Bruyne

Kante

Kane

Salah

Vardy

Ronaldo isn't anymore, trent, silva, mahrez and a few others close behind but for me those listed are genuinely world class players because they'd walk in to any team on the planet. 

Pretty accurate that but I would add Andy Robertson to that list, I can't think of a better LB in world football.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He isn't World Class though.

"World Class" is so overused nowadays.

There are a few World Class players in the league, mainly at Man City and Liverpool, but don't get that confused with just a good player.

This. He’s nowhere near world class. De bruyne is world class and he’s nowhere near that level. He’s just a good player. Will be hard to replace but nowhere near as hard as Kante/Mahrez/Vardy

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many genuinely world class players in the prem? 

Alison

Ederson

Van Dijk

De Bruyne

Kante

Kane

Salah

Vardy

Ronaldo isn't anymore, trent, silva, mahrez and a few others close behind but for me those listed are genuinely world class players because they'd walk in to any team on the planet. 

Don't World class players have to have won something?

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

I don't begrudge him his move and striving to be the best he can either, he's absolutely right to do so. However, although he's been a good player for us, I've personally never been totally convinced by the blue tinted hype around him. Yes, he can produce the odd pinpoint visionary pass and the odd really good goal but his overall performance for 90 minutes regularly is very hit and miss. He's not fast, appears to lack stamina, can go missing for long periods, gives the ball away regularly and isn't what you'd call a dominant player. Don't get me wrong, I really like him, but don't get the hype. 

You look in our more recent past when an aged absolutely end of his career Cambiasso joined us with no experience of the pace and physicality of the Premiership came for one season only. Now there was vision and precision! On his own he was worth the entrance fee. Different class altogether. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

He really wasn’t. He’s been poor all season. Plenty have been saying it in this thread all season and his match ratings here have reflected it as well. He’s had the odd good game surrounded by 4 or 5 poor ones either side of it.

Not taking away his performances in previous season but you must have been watching a different player if you thought he was still producing up until November.

Whoscored have him down as our best performing player this season 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On form Tielemans is one of the best in the league but his inconsistency can hold him back. His lack of pace is his other issue. Why we benefited really

Be interesting hows he does if/when he gets a move to another major club. I wouldn't have him down as another Kante level success but would be surprised if it went a bit awry like Maguire.