Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Having Lookman on the pitch helps him as well. 

Hamza seems to be the weak link. Him  Albrighton and Ricardo  probably the gold standard for speed of ball movement down that side. Add Fofana to that ensemble and were dreaming.

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

I'll miss him and wish him well, but the amount I'll miss him by will be inversely proportional to the quality of whoever we spend his transfer money on. It's a huge shame Soumare hasn't done well, but if he had I think we'd be looking at Youri descending into semi-irrelevancy. A fit Maddison and he's on the bench on Thursday. 

No Leicester player has been given as much of a pass as Youri during his poor runs here. This forum is full of people making the same three excuses for him (he's rusty/he's tired/his heart/head's not in it) . It's only recently the excuses have receded, and even now I'm not seeing many people actively claiming they want him gone. 

As for the 'off form' comment... He's been 'off form' for most of the season, and it's not the first extended period with us that it's happened. Add in his time with Monaco, and you have an apparently 'fantastic player' who's been off form for quite a lot of the last 5 years.

Currently, he would not make.my first 11.   KDH, Ndidi and Maddison would be my midfield.  But he has class and there are times when he would make the first 11.  If we had a fully fit squad, we'd be making choices between some very good players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

Poor today again, although I don't think he was helped by being the right sided number 8 and trying to link with Hamza and Albrighton, who are two of our weaker players on the ball. He's much better with Ricardo there who is much more on his wavelength.

Very good point! At our best you think of YT and JM pulling the strings with Ricardo raiding and feeding Vardy. Those players plus Cags, Evans and Ndidi is what made us at our best a genuinely great team. 

Shame a lot of it will be broken up 🥲

• Sad 1

Just me who thought he went from being absolutely honking the first hour to playing much better the final 30 mins? He was winning balls and getting space to open them up a bit. Admittedly it was what you'd expect from the class of Tielemans but given how bad he was it was then quite a surprise to see him suddenly switch on when Lookman and Iheanacho came on.

• Like 4

He just seems so slow and lethargic with the ball. Seldom can he run past players so when he gets pressured he often loses the ball or makes a poor pass. Until he improves that aspect of his game he'll never be world class. 

• Like 2

I love Youri but I've said ever since he's played for us that he's very easy to take out of the game. Give him space and he will pick you apart,  get up in his face and he is bang average.  Don't want this to sound too negative as he is an absolute joy to watch in our shirt and I will be gutted to see him go but I am way less concerned about replacing him than what I imagine rival fans will think 

Seemed to be too close to Ndidi alot today, we had gaps where Leeds just had so much time and space. Looks like the tactics have changed and we leave a lot of space, and admittedly I criticised him and ndidi for this in the match thread. 

I feel as though we gave him a chance when he was having tough time at Monaco and he grabbed it and flourished. He is not playing to the standards we expect or the level he can, but I will say that whatever happens this summer I am grateful for his contribution to our club and probably the greatest fa cup goal I've ever seen

To be fair to youri , it looked like he got a proper kicking today.

Agree with most of what's being said, started badly but got better at the end, and I didn't really think he deserved to start. 

However, it's also right to remember that he took a kick to the face quite early on and got tripled up on most of the game, ref could have handed out a few more yellows for fouls on him today. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

To be fair to youri , it looked like he got a proper kicking today.

Agree with most of what's being said, started badly but got better at the end, and I didn't really think he deserved to start. 

However, it's also right to remember that he took a kick to the face quite early on and got tripled up on most of the game, ref could have handed out a few more yellows for fouls on him today. 

Thought Leeds looked a dirty lot overall. Ref let them get away with it.

When we compared Tielemans with some world class players like KDB, please also think about these world class did at the same age as Tielemans now. Try to search some old videos about KDB at 24 and you will understand. World class also needs time to grow. Not too many Messi and Ronaldo. They are not workd class but genius. So don't make a statement to Tielemans now, it's still too early to deny him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just me who thought he went from being absolutely honking the first hour to playing much better the final 30 mins? He was winning balls and getting space to open them up a bit. Admittedly it was what you'd expect from the class of Tielemans but given how bad he was it was then quite a surprise to see him suddenly switch on when Lookman and Iheanacho came on.

True. But also may have coincided with Tyler Roberts injury as essentially they had 10 men on the pitch and had to change tactics. 

While I thought he was poor yesterday he never stopped showing for the ball. That in itself is a plus. Leeds were working hard to close us down quickly and there were times when going down the right we should have used him more. Particularly when Albrighton went back to RB. He tended to try and find Lookman or Nacho when a pass inside might have proved more beneficial.

Even at his best he was always prone to a couple of sloppy passes per game now his general game is so poor those passes show up more but they're not something new to him.

• Like 3