Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Arent they rehashed comments from last season? Or is this a recent interview? 

Just now, Unabomber said:

It’s from the Merc so it’s bound to be up to date and factually accurate 

I’m not sure now ..  dated now but who knows ..  if it is rehashed then shame on the bloody Mercury !! 

I’ve already texted two of my mates and said he’s probably staying ..   DOH !!!! :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

The Mercury used the exact same quotes in Feb 2021! 

From todays article:

This is a club where you have the best environment you can have, especially with this new training ground. The people around you just want the best for you.

"It’s brilliant to be here. I really like it here. We’ll see what’s coming in the future.

"But I think the environment is just perfect to win trophies here. You can’t predict the future but I think everything around the club and inside the club is made for it."

From February 2021 (link below)

Yes, why not? This is a club where you have the best environment you can have, especially with this new training ground. The people around you just want the best for you,” he said.

“It’s brilliant to be here. I really like it here. We’ll see what’s coming in the future.

“But I think the environment is just perfect to win trophies here. You can’t predict the future but I think everything around the club and inside the club is made for it.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-news-youri-tielemans-5042477

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, turlo said:

The Mercury used the exact same quotes in Feb 2021! 

From todays article:

This is a club where you have the best environment you can have, especially with this new training ground. The people around you just want the best for you.

"It’s brilliant to be here. I really like it here. We’ll see what’s coming in the future.

"But I think the environment is just perfect to win trophies here. You can’t predict the future but I think everything around the club and inside the club is made for it."

From February 2021 (link below)

Yes, why not? This is a club where you have the best environment you can have, especially with this new training ground. The people around you just want the best for you,” he said.

“It’s brilliant to be here. I really like it here. We’ll see what’s coming in the future.

“But I think the environment is just perfect to win trophies here. You can’t predict the future but I think everything around the club and inside the club is made for it.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-news-youri-tielemans-5042477

They've repeated the interview of a year ago then. 

That's ****ing hideous standards. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

I've said this multiple times before, but he doesn't have the legs to be a midfielder in a top side.

Of course you don't need an engine, if you have the quality of a Busquets/Kroos/Scholes etc....But there are times he's unable to make simple 5 yard passes.

What's worrying is that every game he reminds me more and more of Drinkwater.

That's not to discredit Drinky, as he played a big role in our title win....But the comparison is far more accurate than claiming he is similar to Vardy/Kante/Mahrez in terms of ability. 

This season, he's behind Ndidi, Maddison and KDH for me in terms of performance. Hasn't stepped up when we have needed him....

The FA Cup final goal is huge, but he's not carried us in European games like a player our fans claim he is capable of playing for a top side, should.

YT is class and the best midfielder we’ve got. The problem has been the defence, no midfielder could carry teams with the problems we have had at the back. 

KDH is clearly talented but because he comes from Shepshed gets cut a lot of slack. His first touch is lacking and is a long way from the finished article. I like his energy but he’s definitely a rough diamond. Got a great future, but give him a chance to establish himself.

Unfortunately, YT could do nine great passes, but make one error and Foxestalk posters will zero in on it. I don’t blame players for leaving the club with the amount of negative rubbish they get from so called supporters who love having a boo boy. Has Youri taken over from Perez?

10 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

I've said this multiple times before, but he doesn't have the legs to be a midfielder in a top side.

Of course you don't need an engine, if you have the quality of a Busquets/Kroos/Scholes etc....But there are times he's unable to make simple 5 yard passes.

That's not to discredit Drinky, as he played a big role in our title win....But the comparison is far more accurate than claiming he is similar to Vardy/Kante/Mahrez in terms of ability. 

This season, he's behind Ndidi, Maddison and KDH for me in terms of performance. Hasn't stepped up when we have needed him....

The FA Cup final goal is huge, but he's not carried us in European games like a player our fans claim he is capable of playing for a top side, should.

If he's behind Ndidi this season, he must be really piss poor in your opinion. 

12 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

At this precise moment in time he doesn't deserve his place in the team. Against Leeds for example he was generally wandering from side to side seemingly leaving any hard graft and running to KDH and other team-mates. For weeks now he's been hiding behind loyal supporters past recognition of the odd pinpoint defence splitting pass or incredible shot.

However, in reality, these are increasingly very far and few between and any team can't continually wait all game for one player to add one bit of individual genius whilst that same player is causing more problems than he's solving, either by regularly giving the ball away to the opposition or not putting in the hard yards or tackling.

If Armarty for example gives the ball away he's deemed to be crap, if Tielemens does it, many afford him the excuse that 'he must have been trying something special'! The latter is purely in the realms of wishful thinking. He really isn't Pirlo or remotely near, he needs to work harder and contribute more in his overall play for 90 minutes. It would be unfair to assume that his head is elsewhere but he certainly isn't an in form player and we certainly shouldn't be absolutely breaking the bank in desperation to keep him. At this precise moment in time he needs to be on the bench. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Spot on for the most part. 

He can't run, can't tackle and can't create his own space if being closed down when the ball comes to him, so he ends up passing it back to the defender who first gave it to him.  Not exactly creative genius. 

Where he is good is when he gets the ball in open space with time to look and pick a pass.

Unfortunately in the premier league not many teams give you that luxury too often.  I do also think he would be seen to better use played further forward than just in front of the back line. He isn't complete enough a player for an all round midfielder like KDH. More just a ball player. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We usually sell one big name each Summer and I think it is time to say goodbye to Tielemans.

He, as others have mentioned is getting more Drinkwater by the day. I recall the opening five games of DD's final season where he was by some way our best playing in a season going South. For the next 30 he got progressively more absent while on the pitch and the parallels to Tielemans are uncanny. Have your head mushed by your agent and the rest is history, mind you I do hope his onward career goes a bit better than the freefall Drinky experienced, that has been a real life tragedy played out in full view.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The bitterness from some of you because he might be leaving lol

He's a fantastic footballer and will go on to have a great career at any level. 

He's going to have to improve a lot first and certainly not at any level in this country yet. He couldn't live with or have the fitness levels of Liverpool or Manchester City currently. I'm not saying that he can't improve but he's stagnated here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

The way he’s playing at the moment I can’t see a big club coming for him

They will be able to look past the form, especially when in the grand scheme of things the £50m it would probably take to get him isn’t a huge outlay for that type of club.

He’s a class act.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

They will be able to look past the form, especially when in the grand scheme of things the £50m it would probably take to get him isn’t a huge outlay for that type of club.

He’s a class act.

Yep, big clubs will take the risk for the 35-45m fee that we’re going to end up getting for him. A poor season or two and they can still shift him for 20-30m to someone like ourselves (or a team around our level). 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Im sure he will still have a fantastic career. I’m not convinced it’s at any level though. I think he’d make at an Arsenal/Spurs level team but not a Chelsea/ManCity/Liverpool level team

its hardly bitter to say that. I’ve not heard anyone call him crap or anything.

Edited by Sampson

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Of course they will, his going to be available at a discount. 

Well that’s the problem. If there’s little enthusiasm we’re like to get bugger all. He may then go on to step up and have a great career at a bigger club or crash and burn being sidelined as a benchwarmer like Danny D.

He's in a form rut. Be that unfortunate or because he has become unmotivated. But can we please knock off the revisionism. He has largely be very good for us and was in the engine room constantly in consecutive 5th place finishes. He is a top player who reads the game very well and has quality in those boots. Yes I'm pissed off he's going. But I fully enjoyed seeing him pull the strings for us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Mate at the minute I’m in limbo with him. I’m not sure I’d want us to re-sign this guy to a new deal with how bad he’s been playing. I was a big fan of his but he looks well off it this season and he’s be lucky for a big club to come in for him.

Id be happy to get the money back we paid for him. We can’t afford to carry players and we have pretty much all season. I’m sure once he gets his head right he’ll start to perform but for whatever reason he’s struggling for us massively.

10 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Well that’s the problem. If there’s little enthusiasm we’re like to get bugger all. He may then go on to step up and have a great career at a bigger club or crash and burn being sidelined as a benchwarmer like Danny D.

He's a proven international with 47 caps, who is a regular for the number 1 ranked team in the world. 

The will be plenty of interest.