Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I wonder what the reaction would be, should he decide to stay!!!

Personally would be chuffed. Despite a difficult season, I still think he is a quality player and arguably our most talented.

However, I just can’t see him staying sadly so we need to be realistic and focus on maximising the amount we can receive from his sale with just a year left on his contract. 

17 minutes ago, Royston. said:

How likely are they to pay £50 million for a player?

That's probably the biggest upfront payment we'd get given Youri's shi:ph34r:....indifferent performances this season.

Their main signing last summer was Locatelli on a loan to buy deal (35 mill mandatory fee once loan is up) and then forked out 65 mill for Vlahovic in January. Depends if they have much money left after that I suppose

16 minutes ago, KingsX said:

:whistle:

Yeah this season. I was talking about no one calling him crap as a player as a whole as a response to someone saying he’s a fantastic player on the whole and anyone saying he wasn’t one of our greatest ever players was bitter, not his form this season.

He’s a very good player and no one is saying he’s a crap player, but he’s been largely crap this season. That isn’t a contradiction.

Obviously taking quotes out of context two perfectly valid statements that stand side by side to get rep points is an easy win. But that’s the internet I guess.

Edited by Sampson

16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yeah this season. I was talking about no one calling him crap as a player as a whole as a response to someone saying he’s a fantastic player on the whole and anyone saying he wasn’t one of our greatest ever players was bitter, not his form this season.

He’s a very good player and no one is saying he’s a crap player, but he’s been largely crap this season. That isn’t a contradiction.

Obviously taking quotes out of context two perfectly valid statements that stand side by side to get rep points is an easy win. But that’s the internet I guess.

Are we being sensitive?  :rolleyes:  Don’t take it personally, IMHO you’re sound.  I just couldn't resist.

On Foxes Talk as in hoops … leave it up on the rim and some ****er will always see that slam dunk and smash it.  It’s a law of physics really

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He’d be in my greatest ever Leicester team, in a midfield alongside Kante and Izzet. 

He’ll always be loved here and I’ll be as gutted the day that Kanté left. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Is this we will see in the summer because he was probably off to Chelsea and now can’t because they can’t sign anyone?

It'll be nothings certain so he isn't burning bridges with us incase he stays for next year. 

Depends whether he ups his performances or not if he stays another season really. He hasn’t deserved to start for much of this season and largely has because Soumare hasn’t really worked for now, though another year in English football and Soumare might’ve improved.

If he can get back even close to the player of last season then of course it would be great for him to stay. If he’s going to play like this season though I’d rather take the transfer fee.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Interesting debate really. Personally, if he doesn't sign a new deal at the end of the season he needs to go ASAP. A club like ours can't afford to effectively write off £30-40m. A new contract will show commitment to the cause and potentially a return to form. No contract and I fear another lack lustre season out of him particularly towards the end when he's trying to not get injured. Basically, sign quickly or go.

Regretfully I think this is right. I’d love him to sign and lead the club to further success but I think his mind was made up when we missed out again on champions league last season. He is a class player when on form but he needs to sign or go in the summer. If he goes we won’t get someone like him again as he is quite a one off. That may not be the end of the world as we could really do with someone a bit more quicker/athletic and who can get up and down to support the defence and attack. Someone complimentary to KDH madders and Wilf. I’d love us to get someone like Conor gallacher but I think he would cost more than we could recoup for youri. Tommy Doyle is a bit more of a punt but he has great potential and another big club loanee who we should be interested in before he gets too high profile and on other clubs radar. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sampson said:

Depends whether he ups his performances or not if he stays another season really. He hasn’t deserved to start for much of this season and largely has because Soumare hasn’t really worked for now, though another year in English football and Soumare might’ve improved.

If he can get back even close to the player of last season then of course it would be great for him to stay. If he’s going to play like this season though I’d rather take the transfer fee.

IMO Soumare and Tielemans are 2 different style of players..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

IMO Soumare and Tielemans are 2 different style of players..

I feel an ultimatum is required for Tielemans as this will he stay or will he go. To avoid the situation where he can leave as a free agent next year the club must insist he signs a new deal now or he sold to the highest bidder at the end of the season. Whether it is the club of his choice, tough. Know-ones irreplaceable.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I feel an ultimatum is required for Tielemans as this will he stay or will he go. To avoid the situation where he can leave as a free agent next year the club must insist he signs a new deal now or he sold to the highest bidder at the end of the season. Whether it is the club of his choice, tough. Know-ones irreplaceable.  

No one thought that Maguire was irreplaceable and it takes one to know one ;)