Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Just at present, he is really a passenger on the park he lacks endeavour, commitment and really not butting in much effort . For a player of his class he has fallen so far down that I guess it is hard to pick it up again. Against Brentford he was hardly seen , if he is going I wish he would come out and say so , Iam just so sick of his lack of effort 

27 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I feel an ultimatum is required for Tielemans as this will he stay or will he go. To avoid the situation where he can leave as a free agent next year the club must insist he signs a new deal now or he sold to the highest bidder at the end of the season. Whether it is the club of his choice, tough. Know-ones irreplaceable.  

You know you can't force a player to sign for a club they don't want to go to right? 

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Possibly my favourite player of all time in a Leicester shirt, except for Jamie Vardy.

He swapped living in Monte Carlo to come here. We did the impossible when we kept him after his loan spell, one of the highest rated youngsters in the world, although, admittedly, he stalled a bit at Monaco.

He's oozed class since the moment he joined.

We're incredibly lucky to have had him.

Oh, there was also a small matter of the arguably the greatest ever FA Cup Final winning goal.

I hope he stays with us, but if he doesn't, I wish him well.

If he goes, he'll be another one like Mahrez and Kante that we want to hate, but think 'Wow, I saw him in a Leicester shirt'.

Don't think anyone could hate Kante really, I've always wanted him to do well. He seems genuine and humble, the real deal. Sometimes it's just nice to have been there for a part of a world class players career, Kante near the start, Cambiasso at the end. Both worth the entrance fee on their own. 

Tielemans is a good player but would have to improve considerably to come even close to matching either of those two as they are large football boots to fill. However, I could never resent him for trying, wouldn't we all do the same given the talent?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I feel an ultimatum is required for Tielemans as this will he stay or will he go. To avoid the situation where he can leave as a free agent next year the club must insist he signs a new deal now or he sold to the highest bidder at the end of the season. Whether it is the club of his choice, tough. Know-ones irreplaceable.  

Fans worry too much over other people's private affairs & contracts..

If he kept the club/fans dangling for another year ,that might be deemed 

somewhat unfair...but a contract is a contract.He hasn't made one with the fans..whether his sell by date & value goes up or down won't be rightly or directly on his immediate thoughts...

You put up money for transfers & contracts ..one can have a say...

You pay your ST,or gate money to watch!!, fans can have on this subject wide/distant opinions on this side of a players life, but making more desperation thoughts based on your own worries is somewhere way off any relevant horizons..

IMO..

On 26/03/2022 at 06:32, Sly said:

He’d be in my greatest ever Leicester team, in a midfield alongside Kante and Izzet. 

He’ll always be loved here and I’ll be as gutted the day that Kanté left. 

That would be some midfield tbf. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

What we as fans don't know is irrelevant and I strongly doubt the club is as uninformed as us! 

Unimpressive for Belgium along with De Ketelaere

That hasn't, though, spared players from criticism some seven months from the tournament kicking off in Qatar in what was the first international since qualification concluded for Martinez's squad. One-time Belgium international Eddy Snelders singled out Tielemans as one of three players who failed to seize their opportunity against the Boys in Green.

"It was sometimes a bit like the Procession of Echternach," Snelders, an analyst for Belgian multimedia brand Sporza, said [via voetbalkrant.com ]. This refers to an annual Roman Catholic dancing procession held in eastern Luxembourg.

Snelders continued: "Especially Youri Tielemans. That is a figure we expect leadership from, someone who can steer a match. Only he was remarkably absent. After a few good matches at Leicester, we dare to fall into euphoria and superlatives rather quickly, but we shouldn't have to bring that out against Ireland."

AC Milan winger Alexis Saelemaekers and reported City transfer target Charles De Ketelaere were also singled out. Tielemans and Co are next set to be in action on home soil in Brussels when they take on Burkina Faso at Anderlecht's Lotto Park.

On 26/03/2022 at 04:20, volpeazzurro said:

Interesting debate really. Personally, if he doesn't sign a new deal at the end of the season he needs to go ASAP. A club like ours can't afford to effectively write off £30-40m. A new contract will show commitment to the cause and potentially a return to form. No contract and I fear another lack lustre season out of him particularly towards the end when he's trying to not get injured. Basically, sign quickly or go.

He is one of my favourite players and I wish things hadn't got the point they have now but I completely agree with this.

Sign on now or go. We need to be looking forward and it's very hard to that with the uncertainty looming.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2022 at 06:32, Sly said:

He’d be in my greatest ever Leicester team, in a midfield alongside Kante and Izzet. 

He’ll always be loved here and I’ll be as gutted the day that Kanté left. 

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

That would be some midfield tbf. 

You couldn't have a midfield without Cambiaso in it.

He was pure Rolls Royce of a player.

Cambiaso and Kante plus 1 other. ? Now that's a difficult choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

...he does not have to take that option!!!

If he doesn't like the club which has come in for him, then he is not compelled to take the deal.

16 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You couldn't have a midfield without Cambiaso in it.

He was pure Rolls Royce of a player.

Cambiaso and Kante plus 1 other. ? Now that's a difficult choice.

Yeah I’d personally go for Kante, Cambiaso and Izzet. Was merely pointing out that the other option would have been a very good midfield. 

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I’d personally go for Kante, Cambiaso and Izzet. Was merely pointing out that the other option would have been a very good midfield. 

Yes, I agree.

That midfield would be awesome. 

I like Youri, but when you think about it he'd possibly struggle to get into that midfield.

Certainly on current form.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite surprised to see very little mention of that 2nd half performance from Tielemans today. He was imperious and on a booking he made some exquisite latch ditch challenges that weren't for the faint hearted.

Was brilliant in attack for some moves too, was so pleasing to see after the dogs abuse he's been getting on here in recent weeks.

Same again on Thursday please Youri.

Mm might be being tainted by his contract situation but I thought he was sloppy today

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KFS said:

Mm might be being tainted by his contract situation but I thought he was sloppy today

...more involved in the game today and put himself about a bit more than he had been doing!!!

Still some poor passes where he gave in away and teams broke back on us, but his game had a bit more consistency that normal.

It was great to see some physicality and committed defensive work from him yesterday. He was disciplined and did the job asked of him very well. Worked hard to get back, broke up play and won the ball at some key moments, deserves credit.

• Like 2

Youri really doesn't fit the current system we're playing, which is a shame because it's getting the best out of our other midfielders (Mendy, KDH, Maddison). Maybe even Soumare will be a good fit for this system. 

• Like 2

Youri is capable of far more than he's producing at present and it looks like he knows it - he comes across as frustrated.  Unfortunately it's only a small step from there to him becoming a liability, if we'd lost today there would be a lot more attention on the penalty conceded.  But he is a class player and if he can turn his form around he can be a gamechanger for the better.

4 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Youri is capable of far more than he's producing at present and it looks like he knows it - he comes across as frustrated.  Unfortunately it's only a small step from there to him becoming a liability, if we'd lost today there would be a lot more attention on the penalty conceded.  But he is a class player and if he can turn his form around he can be a gamechanger for the better.

The question is will he turn it around before he inevitably leaves in summer. 

55 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's been sloppy this season but this game is more than just that. Looks so far off the pace. Should have been hooked at half time. 

So interestingly I've seen this take a lot. However, I just took a look at the FotMob ratings for Leicester and he's our best player this season supposedly. Now before people start making comments, I know ratings aren't everything, just think it's interesting.

IMG_20220410_163038.jpg