Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

3 minutes ago, Devohn said:

So interestingly I've seen this take a lot. However, I just took a look at the FotMob ratings for Leicester and he's our best player this season supposedly. Now before people start making comments, I know ratings aren't everything, just think it's interesting.

IMG_20220410_163038.jpg

You sure that's not for last season, can't believe wilf is up there as well

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

He's been sloppy this season but this game is more than just that. Looks so far off the pace. Should have been hooked at half time. 

Wasn’t any different to plenty of other games he’s played this season. Sadly that isn’t probably even in his bottom 5 performances this season.

Still nothing beats how poor he was in the 3-6 vs ManCity. He waddled round the pitch and directly cost us about 4 goals that game.

Edited by Sampson

58 minutes ago, Devohn said:

So interestingly I've seen this take a lot. However, I just took a look at the FotMob ratings for Leicester and he's our best player this season supposedly. Now before people start making comments, I know ratings aren't everything, just think it's interesting.

IMG_20220410_163038.jpg

Dak was voted worse than Tielemans today? Daka weren’t great but I think its harsh on him.

How is Zaha voted above 7 also when he missed 2 penos and didn’t do fvck all all game??

Edited by jmono84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Devohn said:

IMG_20220410_163038.jpg

I don't think he's been as bad as some people have made out but it is getting to the point where despite his importance to the team, his performances can no longer allow him a starting place.

14 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I don't think he's been as bad as some people have made out but it is getting to the point where despite his importance to the team, his performances can no longer allow him a starting place.

If Praet was available I would agree but we don't have anybody else who can do his job. We can carry him just about but he needs to give himself a good slap and get back into gear.

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Becoming less and less arsed about him leaving every week now. Maybe it’s a good thing, maybe it’s a bad thing. 

I think the most annoying factor is that we’ll get such a reduced fee for him.

He hasn’t signed a contract which I have absolutely no issues with as he’s left his future in his own hands. To receive around £25m for someone who will almost definitely go and flourish elsewhere grates a little bit. 

Hey Ho, that’s football I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Dak was voted worse than Tielemans today? Daka weren’t great but I think its harsh on him.

How is Zaha voted above 7 also when he missed 2 penos and didn’t do fvck all all game??

Daka was woeful, seems 2 seconds behind everything all the time. Hardly moves until the ball has been kicked 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Hammo said:

This time last year the prospect of Tielemans leaving would have been painful. Now not so much.

With all due respect I don't see how people can say this. He will have been here three and a half years, played some brilliant football at times and scored our only ever FA Cup winning goal.

Of course it will be painful (in football fan terms) to see him another shirt. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

With all due respect I don't see how people can say this. He will have been here three and a half years, played some brilliant football at times and scored our only ever FA Cup winning goal.

Of course it will be painful (in football fan terms) to see him another shirt. 

Pain comes in different degrees on a scale to different people I suppose. For me it was a 10 for Kante and currently would be a similar score for Vardy and Fofana. Tielemans for me too,  in his current contract and form situation would only peak at about a 2 I'm afraid. Sign soon at a reasonable price or sod off quickly 😁

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Pain comes in different degrees on a scale to different people I suppose. For me it was a 10 for Kante and currently would be a similar score for Vardy and Fofana. Tielemans for me too,  in his current contract and form situation would only peak at about a 2 I'm afraid. Sign soon at a reasonable price or sod off quickly 😁

Maybe losing him from the team won't hurt as much as Kante. But he's been here longer, in a way I feel more attached to him than Kante.

Basically I just love the handsome bastard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Maybe losing him from the team won't hurt as much as Kante. But he's been here longer, in a way I feel more attached to him than Kante.

Basically I just love the handsome bastard. 

🤣 I'm sure if you informed him of your affections he'd be nice enough to sign a photograph for your bedside cabinet. Perhaps it won't come to that, try and stay positive. 

To be honest in recent games, his endeavour and aggression outside of possession and with possession is just not there. It's almost like playing with 10 men at times. Not sure if it's his head or he's just played too many games but I feel he needs some time out of the team at the moment. Question is do we change formation or do a straight swap? 

• Thanks 2

I am not sure youri can play at a top 6 club or Madrid/barca.

Better to be a big fish in small pond... ask drinky.

However, it's all about what his agent thinks he can achieve.

If the club has ambition it should make him an eye watering offer for a 5 year contract.

If he insiste on going we should hold out for 50mil... or play him.  His agent knows he is prob worth 80mil and is hoping to have most of that as a signing on fee.  We need to be clear and tough.

• Like 1

He's been here long enough now that he has had runs of form that have been good (most of the time, amazingly), bad (maybe during the few months after he signed) and average (not very often, but he's probably fallen into one of these recently, for whatever reason). Like all players. 

He remains a very impressive and authoritative presence on the pitch, but it would be less painful if he did decide to go this year because we have seen his his strengths and weaknesses this season - whereas, at the end of last season, he had been so consistently stellar that it would be hard to imagine achieving anything without him. 

Personally, I really want him to stay, and I still think he should be captain, or deputy, or whatever. He's constantly organising on the pitch. (Also, I think KDH is a slightly different kind of player, and Soumare is... not there yet... to put it politely.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I am not sure youri can play at a top 6 club or Madrid/barca.

Better to be a big fish in small pond... ask drinky.

However, it's all about what his agent thinks he can achieve.

If the club has ambition it should make him an eye watering offer for a 5 year contract.

If he insiste on going we should hold out for 50mil... or play him.  His agent knows he is prob worth 80mil and is hoping to have most of that as a signing on fee.  We need to be clear and tough.

Whilst I agree with your first part, a big fish in a little pond is only worthwhile if it performs consistently like a big fish. I really don't think he's worth an eye watering contract here, in fact he's been mediocre for quite a long while now and I don't get the impression that it's just fatigue either.

He wouldn't get a sniff at Man City or Liverpool and would have to drastically improve for Madrid or Barcelona. Serie A may suit him best but they're unlikely to pay up.

If we can't get rid in the summer, unless he starts to turn some better performances in, he needs to rot on the bench whilst we rebuild without him. There's no room for sentiment, it matters not that he was once able to make the occasional defence splitting pass or scored the cup final goal, it's about the here and now.

• Like 1