Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Finding it quite frustrating having one of the best passers in the league reduced to standing in the centre circle, pointing for the ball to go backwards and basically receiving and making 5 yard passes all game. We could pay somebody a hell of a let less money to do the same job.

I can only assume it's tactical because it's been the same for a while now. Such a waste of such a dangerous player.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst I agree with your first part, a big fish in a little pond is only worthwhile if it performs consistently like a big fish. I really don't think he's worth an eye watering contract here, in fact he's been mediocre for quite a long while now and I don't get the impression that it's just fatigue either.

He wouldn't get a sniff at Man City or Liverpool and would have to drastically improve for Madrid or Barcelona. Serie A may suit him best but they're unlikely to pay up.

If we can't get rid in the summer, unless he starts to turn some better performances in, he needs to rot on the bench whilst we rebuild without him. There's no room for sentiment, it matters not that he was once able to make the occasional defence splitting pass or scored the cup final goal, it's about the here and now.

With regards to being at a top 6 side, I think he’d be fine at Arsenal or Spurs, though he wouldn’t make it at a Liverpool/ManCity/Chelsea. Doubt he’d even make the bench at ManCity. ManUtd is an interesting one, but he’d probably carry on performing like this season rather than last season and the fans would tear him apart as that place is a toxic talent sinkhole these days.

Though the slower style of play in Serie A might suit him best.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

I think most might say what the **** am I banging on about but his lack of influence on games has been affected by how we use our full backs in attacking sense. 

Since Forest we’ve stopped our full backs bombing on and the overlap rarely occurs. This cuts back on Youri’s passing options and how he angles his through balls. Overall it’s having a bit of a knock on throughout the team as the wingers aren’t getting as much joy when we have possession spells. 

We were also deploying Youri and KDH quite wide but that’s stopped with Mendy playing more to have more solidity. 

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think most might say what the **** am I banging on about but his lack of influence on games has been affected by how we use our full backs in attacking sense. 

Since Forest we’ve stopped our full backs bombing on and the overlap rarely occurs. This cuts back on Youri’s passing options and how he angles his through balls. Overall it’s having a bit of a knock on throughout the team as the wingers aren’t getting as much joy when we have possession spells. 

We were also deploying Youri and KDH quite wide but that’s stopped with Mendy playing more to have more solidity. 

He was already stamping too little influence on games well before the Forest game though. That 2-3 collapse vs Spurs a couple of games befpre, he was probably the worst player on the pitch outside of Vestegaard and the 3-6 vs ManCity a few games before was hands down his worst ever in a Leicester shirt.

I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing youre becoming a bystander in games. When he is on the ball he’s either giving it away needlessly and dangerously or not part of the action. For a player of his quality and experience it should be embarrassing that a young KDH is much more influential in games.

The whole contract thing looks to have unsettled him and he’s mentally checked out sadly. I haven’t even seen him get excited playing for Belgium and the flippin World Cup is later this year for Christ sake.

If we get to the conf final we may see a rare spark emerge from him atleast I hope so.

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

To be honest in recent games, his endeavour and aggression outside of possession and with possession is just not there. It's almost like playing with 10 men at times. Not sure if it's his head or he's just played too many games but I feel he needs some time out of the team at the moment. Question is do we change formation or do a straight swap? 

I felt at yesterday’s game he was playing far too deep even trying to sort out defensive issues which resulted in their penalty. He far more effective in a more attacking role and with Maddison, KDH, quite a formidable trio

36 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing youre becoming a bystander in games. When he is on the ball he’s either giving it away needlessly and dangerously or not part of the action. For a player of his quality and experience it should be embarrassing that a young KDH is much more influential in games.

They'd have been in the same school year if they were both English :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst I agree with your first part, a big fish in a little pond is only worthwhile if it performs consistently like a big fish. I really don't think he's worth an eye watering contract here, in fact he's been mediocre for quite a long while now and I don't get the impression that it's just fatigue either.

He wouldn't get a sniff at Man City or Liverpool and would have to drastically improve for Madrid or Barcelona. Serie A may suit him best but they're unlikely to pay up.

If we can't get rid in the summer, unless he starts to turn some better performances in, he needs to rot on the bench whilst we rebuild without him. There's no room for sentiment, it matters not that he was once able to make the occasional defence splitting pass or scored the cup final goal, it's about the here and now.

a bit harsh - I think he is distracted and we know that he is is one of the best midfielders to wear a Leicester shirt.  I think we have  to make a good offer to have a motivated settle youri.  Otherwise he can foxtrot oscar,  I expect his agent will find wages and fees hard to find form other European clubs - our offer should match those of other epl sides.  Frankly the best team for him would be arsenal - but they don't pay big money

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

a bit harsh - I think he is distracted and we know that he is is one of the best midfielders to wear a Leicester shirt.  I think we have  to make a good offer to have a motivated settle youri.  Otherwise he can foxtrot oscar,  I expect his agent will find wages and fees hard to find form other European clubs - our offer should match those of other epl sides.  Frankly the best team for him would be arsenal - but they don't pay big money

...that is a problem he can so easily resolve!!!

The fact that his contract is not signed does not bother him, it is a strategy designed to place him in a position of control, in all aspects. 

If your life was so bad and people were questioning your attitude regarding your job, surely you would be eager to resolve the issue, immediately. 

50 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is a problem he can so easily resolve!!!

The fact that his contract is not signed does not bother him, it is a strategy designed to place him in a position of control, in all aspects. 

If your life was so bad and people were questioning your attitude regarding your job, surely you would be eager to resolve the issue, immediately. 

I expect he will have a touch of drinkwater syndrome.... but I expect he wont find more than we are offing.  

On 10/04/2022 at 22:41, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still is because the drop off in our squad is so much and we ain’t getting anyone near what he can be at his best 

And that is exactly what FT- posters just dont savy..

3 hours ago, J. James said:

The situation with Tielemans reminds me of the Cags one, there was talk of Barca and Real coming in for him when he was playing well - but his form, well, lets say "settled" at a lower level,  a more realistic level.

Caglar was never in truth world class, he just had a few exceptionally good games and YT is probably the same, not one of  the best midfielder in the EPL and no longer our best MF, he is in truth not that important to our future success and personally if the choice was to lose Youri, Madders or KDH for me the decision would be easy.

I think if he does go he would be wise to go to a lesser "big six" club because the lack of games at the current top 3 would be be a death knell to his club and international career, he'd get very little time to produce the goods.

Even Mahrez had to rotate when he went and frankly he is in another class again to Youri.

The difference between Soyuncu and Tielemans, is that Soyuncu at least has the physical attributes to be a top defender.

It's getting to the point now that you can tell his lack of natural fitness is the reason behind his inconsistency. He's getting caught on the ball more, and gives away needless simple passes, because he can't keep up with the game.

I'm going to call it, that as soon as Tielemans leaves, Ndidi will return to the complete monster of a holding player we know he is. For over 18 months now, I've stated that they shouldn't be playing together, as they have been doing, in a two man midfield.

Because Tielemans is completely unable to get around the pitch, he's often even deeper than Ndidi and is causes of problems off the ball, and Ndidi has been struggling more and more with understanding when to press, and also with the ball, because Ndidi is finding himself further up the pitch with the ball at his feet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, J. James said:

The situation with Tielemans reminds me of the Cags one, there was talk of Barca and Real coming in for him when he was playing well - but his form, well, lets say "settled" at a lower level,  a more realistic level.

Caglar was never in truth world class, he just had a few exceptionally good games and YT is probably the same, not one of  the best midfielder in the EPL and no longer our best MF, he is in truth not that important to our future success and personally if the choice was to lose Youri, Madders or KDH for me the decision would be easy.

I think if he does go he would be wise to go to a lesser "big six" club because the lack of games at the current top 3 would be be a death knell to his club and international career, he'd get very little time to produce the goods.

Even Mahrez had to rotate when he went and frankly he is in another class again to Youri.

You're really 'talking' about consistency and application. Our assessment of the team members fluctuates wildly with every passing match. We're building up KDH at the moment to be the kingpin at the heart of the team, but woe betide him if he has a run of mediocre performances.

Tielemans is regularly selected for a top-rated national side and he's capable of stunning passing and shooting. What we don't see is consistency and application. Yet one more penalty given away when we needed to protect our lead is evidence of his lack of focus - something I doubt we'll be saying about KDH. With the current upsurge in popularity of Mendy I'm drawn to a three of him KDH and Wilf. 

I had the temerity to question Tieleman's commitment in a post a few months back. A ton of vengeful bricks descended on my head. I was effectively lambasted as a traitor and spent much time trying to justify my thinking to several members who were after my (metaphorical) head. I wasn't being provocative - I was just questioning his consistency. But I'd desecrated the Shrine of Youri. And that's the key facet of being a fan of a player - you invest and project all kinds of warm and fuzzy feelings into the image of the guy...and hopes and expectations. When they don't materialise and someone levels criticism then, in essence, it's a slight on us, his supporters, as well as the bloke himself.

The papers keep trying to stoke the possibility of a big club move for him, but I suspect that any club will ask if he's going to produce the goods week-in, week-out for them. Would City even get the equivalent transfer fee for him? 

Sure he brought us the FA Cup, yet we need him to emulate something of what KDH is bringing to the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sad really. He was great past few years but as this contract issue and will he/won’t he stay has come up he’s been woeful. He’s a liability at this point. Hard to think we are talking about the same player who scored the winner in the FA cup final last year.