Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

spurs with a 10 mill bid maybe? Lol

Cant see him going there might as well stick it out at a club that wins things instead of always being a bridesmaid. ;)

....They can match or improve his present salary, the London location will be a factor as well!!!

More over I do not believe even he believes that he is good enough to go to a big team. There are deficiencies in his game and he struggles to maintain any kind of consistency game after game.

I still believe he will be staying, probably just needs to be loved, and what better way of generating it, is to have people telling you not to go.

I hate a so called playmaker who 8-10 times wants to play the ball back to where it came from with his 1st touch , he had miles of room to take that ball down , turn and play a forward pass , I believe he does this because he has lost a lot of pace over the last two years and he scared of getting caught, but he just plays us into trouble a lot 

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I can see Soumare getting game time on Sunday!!!

isn't he injured again? seems to have got into a cycle of picking up regular niggling type injuries this year

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I can see Soumare getting game time on Sunday!!!

Yeah, great opportunity for him to start playing these end of season less pressure EPL games. 

After yesterday's game he surely wants to show he can play..plus he can take inspiration from Mendy aswell who seems to got used to EPL football

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If you asked someone who didn't have a clue who he was and the question was which of the current crop of midfield players looks as though they've got the ability to be top quality on the day, they'd pick KDH over Tielemans every time.

It's clear he doesn't want to be here, mentally he's been off it all season and it has affected his on field performances so much so that we're carrying him at times.

All depends who’s looking/watching 

👍

11 hours ago, enmac said:

Just seen this. No idea if it's genuine but it wouldn't surprise anyone. 

Would be a very weird move for him it's true. 

They haven't won anything for donkeys years and they're pretty abject football wise. Kane will likely push for a move again this summer. **** knows why he'd be interested; most intelligent players would be sceptical about joining them from another English club. 

• Like 2

We all know how good Youri is and but his form has been off in the past few months and I dont know what that is or whats causing it. Whether its just poor form, concentration levels or knowing he's off in the summer, I really dont know.

I dont think the debate is as simple as 'youri is shit so lets sell him', its more about whether he wants to be here and if that is impacting on his game then perhaps a move is best for all parties.

Needless to say, most of us would love him to stay, commit and turn his form back to the heights of probably one of the best players we've ever seen in a City shirt.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
20 minutes ago, Nalis said:

We all know how good Youri is and but his form has been off in the past few months and I dont know what that is or whats causing it. Whether its just poor form, concentration levels or knowing he's off in the summer, I really dont know.

I dont think the debate is as simple as 'youri is shit so lets sell him', its more about whether he wants to be here and if that is impacting on his game then perhaps a move is best for all parties.

Needless to say, most of us would love him to stay, commit and turn his form back to the heights of probably one of the best players we've ever seen in a City shirt.

Maddison was shite for months this season

Whether it was his hip injury, or whether his head had been turned (or whatever), just look how he’s playing now

Form is temporary, class is permanent and where that’s true of Maddison, it’s also true of Tielemans

There will be times when what Tielemans tries to do doesn’t come off. But you still need players who try these things! If we lose class players like Tielemans then a big part of the creativity of the team goes awol and we are left with the Soumare’s, the Mendy’s, the Soyuncu’s and definitely the Amartey’s of this world. Solid athletes who aren’t going to win you football matches.

I’ll be well sad when we lose Tielemans. He’s the type of player I pay to watch and have loved seeing him in a City shirt

Seeing how happy he was at the end (love the 'thank you Rickie!),i don't buy into this idea he doesn't want to be here right now. He's one of these players you expect a world class performance week in, week out, and a poor show stands out like a sore thumb yet the more gritty stuff gets missed. Saying that, that pass for their goal STANK.

Edited by jamesp26

12 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Seeing how happy he was at the end (love the 'thank you Rickie!),i don't buy into this idea he doesn't want to be here right now. He's one of these players you expect a world class performance week in, week out, and a poor show stands out like a sore thumb yet the more gritty stuff gets missed. Saying that, that pass for their goal STANK.

No one expects him to have a world class performance week in week put. He’s not, never has been and never will be “world class” and I can’t believe people still genuinely think he’s in the same tier as de Bruyne.

He’s a very good player, but he’s always been prone to inconsistent performances and streaks of several games where he at best doesn’t affect the game and at worst stinks the place out. Even last season when he deservedly won our POTY, from January onwards, he, like almost everyone else in our side bar Kelechi had several stinking performances and was very Jekyl and Hyde.

The season before last, regardless of whether people think he was actively poor, average or just a bit disappointing, he was nowhere near “world class” either.

I think we’ll miss him somewhat but it won’t be like losing Mahrez/Kante/Vardy, he’s not in that same tier of player for me. We finished 5th twice, one season where he was one of our best players and one season where he wasn’t. This season, pretty much all season he has contributed very very little and has been detrimental to the side than added to it if anything, but we’re still playing well now all our players are coming back, very much in spite of Tielemans than because of him in recent weeks.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

This season, pretty much all season he has contributed very very little and has been detrimental to the side than added to it if anything, but we’re still playing well now all our players are coming back.

What?

In the early part of the season Youri was scoring wordlies every other week and was our best player while Maddison was struggling to regain his fitness.

Look at our results and his contributions in October.

And he scored twice when we mullered Newcastle in December.

I think it's a bit unfair to say Youri has contributed very little all season.

IMHO, he has struggled a bit recently with Wilf being away and I think he doesn't get the chance to change games up front whilst he's chasing after people in a deeper role.

Edited to add - I agree with your suggestion that he can go on streaks of form.

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

What?

In the early part of the season Youri was scoring wordlies every other week and was our best player while Maddison was struggling to regain his fitness.

Look at our results and his contributions in October.

And he scored twice when we mullered Newcastle in December.

I think it's a bit unfair to say Youri has contributed very little all season.

IMHO, he has struggled a bit recently with Wilf being away and I think he doesn't get the chance to change games up front whilst he's chasing after people in a deeper role.

Edited to add - I agree with your suggestion that he can go on streaks of form.

Go back through the match threads or the match ratings and people have been saying it all season. For reference he had 8 games in a row with a match rating of 6.0 or less on here between the opening game vs Wolves and the ManUtd match in mid-October. Regardless of whether you agree with them or not, you must have been watching a very, very different player to think that he was being our best player and scoring worldies every other week.

Here were his ratings

1-4 vs West Ham - 4.8

2-1 vs Norwich - 6.0

0-1 vs ManCity - 6.0

2-2 vs Napolii - 5.3

1-2 vs Brighton - 5.5

2-2 vs Burnley - 5.9

0-1 vs Legia Warsaw - 5.1

2-2 vs Crystal Palace - 4.9

Now you may think people were being harsh, fine, but it's a massive stretch from harsh criticism to a a player who was scoring worldies every other week and our best player when Vardy was absolutely carrying us at that time?

He was scoring worldies every other week? He was our best player? He was scoring penalties because Vardy wasn't on the pitch and scored a great goal vs Brentford and was great vs ManUtd dictating play, but those were the exception, not the standard and came after a poor stretch of performances over a couple of months beforehand. And were followed by poor performances vs Spartak, Leeds and Arsenal before his injury.

Vardy was absolutely carrying us until October time and was hands down our best player, almost everyone else including Tielemans was poor in the opening couple of months - Tielemansreally wasn't much better than Maddison during that time. I remember many saying it would be the easiest POTY ever back in October if it carried on because Vardy was pretty much dragging us through the season and the only player winning us points. 

He was struggling long, long before Ndidi was out. Ndidi was also playing centre back mostly during the period you claim Tielemans was scoring worldies every week and being our best player. If anything, we've looked a better side this season whenever Ndidi has been out.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Gonna be some super shocked people when we lose him. He won't be replaced by someone on the same level. 

No one is saying we won't miss him and with our reduction in wages due to these new UEFA rules I don't think we'll ever likely to be able to compete in the top 6 again as they'll be several players we won't be able to replace in kind which is a much bigger worry than losing any individual (except maybe Vardy). But we carried on after losing Kante and Mahrez, who were much bigger blows and who showed they were still brilliant players at 2 of the top clubs in Europe (which I can't see Tielemans doing). We're not suddenly going to turn into relegation fodder when he goes.

We've coped with zombie Tielemans this season and decent-but-not-amazing Tielemans in 19/20. We'll carry on as a club.

Edited by Sampson

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Go back through the match threads or the match ratings and people have been saying it all season. For reference he had 8 games in a row with a match rating of 6.0 or less on here between the opening game vs Wolves and the ManUtd match in mid-October. Regardless of whether you agree with them or not, you must have been watching a very, very different player to think that he was being our best player and scoring worldies every other week.

Here were his ratings

1-4 vs West Ham - 4.8

2-1 vs Norwich - 6.0

0-1 vs ManCity - 6.0

2-2 vs Napolii - 5.3

1-2 vs Brighton - 5.5

2-2 vs Burnley - 5.9

Now you may think people were being harsh, fine, but it's a massive stretch from harsh criticism to a a player who was scoring worldies every other week and our best player when Vardy was absolutely carrying us at that time?

He was scoring worldies every other week? He was our best player? He was scoring penalties because Vardy wasn't on the pitch and scored a great goal vs Brentford and was great vs ManUtd dictating play, but those were the exception, not the standard and came after a poor stretch of performances over a couple of months beforehand. And were followed by poor performances vs Spartak, Leeds and Arsenal before his injury.

Vardy was absolutely carrying us until October time and was hands down our best player, almost everyone else including Tielemans was poor in the opening couple of months - Tielemansreally wasn't much better than Maddison during that time. I remember many saying it would be the easiest POTY ever back in October if it carried on because Vardy was pretty much dragging us through the season and the only player winning us points. 

He was struggling long, long before Ndidi was out. Ndidi was also playing centre back mostly during the period you claim Tielemans was scoring worldies every week and being our best player. If anything, we've looked a better side this season whenever Ndidi has been out.

Have you just picked out his poor ratings? 

• Like 1

I'd genuinly drop Madders into cm with KDH and have Lookman out on the right hand side at this point. 

It's one thing not being able to physically carry out your duties, but his touch and passing have been very sloppy. Keeping him out of the team will probably help save his valuation from plummeting in the summer as well.

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Have you just picked out his poor ratings? 

No, as I clearly said, I picked all our games between the opening game and the ManUtd game in mid-October, during a time you claimed he was scoring worldies every other week and was our best player - to indicate that you are clearly in the small minority to think he was in great form then, when most clearly thought he was not in good form.

For reference, he's also 18th in the average ratings here too over the entire season, so he can't have been that great for the entire first third of the season or must have been extremely poor since.

Edited by Sampson

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

No, as I clearly said, I picked all our games between the opening game and the ManUtd game in mid-October, during a time you claimed he was scoring worldies every other week and was our best player - to indicate that you are clearly in the small minority to think he was in great form then, when most clearly thought he was not in good form.

For reference, he's also 18th in the average ratings here too over the entire season, so he can't have been that great for the entire first third of the season or must have been extremely poor since.

So you missed the second half of October, a good month for us results wise, including the Brentford game he scored a wordlie in. 

It was just plain wrong to suggest he's been poor all season.

12 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

So you missed the second half of October, a good month for us results wise, including the Brentford game he scored a wordlie in. 

It was just plain wrong to suggest he's been poor all season.

Mate, if you want me to add them with all the ratings before his injury I can, here you go:

1-0 vs Wolves - 7.2

1-4 vs West Ham - 4.8

2-1 vs Norwich - 6.0

0-1 vs ManCity - 6.0

2-2 vs Napolii - 5.3

1-2 vs Brighton - 5.5

2-2 vs Burnley - 5.9

4-2 vs Man Utd - 8.7

4-3 vs Spartak Moscow - 7.3

2-1 vs Brentford - 7.8

0-2 vs Arsenal - 5.6

1-1 vs Spartak Moscow - 5.7

1-1 vs Leeds - 5.3

There - that's his ratings up until Leeds match on 7th Nov, until he missed a few  through injury. He did have a very good run of 3 games in there in a single week in October, but otherwise 4 games out of 15 (of which 3 were in a row) with a rating of over 6.0 doesn't really scream our best player and scoring worldies every other week to me.

If you want me to, I'm happy to admit he had a great 3 games over a single week in October, but it's just plain wrong to say he was our best player and score worldies every other week because of 3 very good performances in a row in a single week at the bookend of a poor run of form and followed by 3 mediocre performances too. 

He absolutely has been largely poor all season bar the odd game that he was absolutely nowhere near "our best player". It's just plain wrong to try and make out he was great early season, he wasn't.

This thread all season has been literally "he's in poor form now", but then a month later it's "he's in poor form now but it's just poor form, he was good a month ago" then a month later again it's "he's in poor form now but it's just poor form, he was good a month ago". People have a bizarre thing with Tielemans this season, where they still have this idea he's "world class", which implies a level of consistency, so they make out it's just a short run of poor form and so try to retrospectively increase the quality of Tielemans earlier performances in the season. When he's been in poor all season bar the odd exception game.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

No one is saying we won't miss him and with our reduction in wages due to these new UEFA rules I don't think we'll ever likely to be able to compete in the top 6 again as they'll be several players we won't be able to replace in kind which is a much bigger worry than losing any individual (except maybe Vardy). But we carried on after losing Kante and Mahrez, who were much bigger blows and who showed they were still brilliant players at 2 of the top clubs in Europe (which I can't see Tielemans doing). We're not suddenly going to turn into relegation fodder when he goes.

We've coped with zombie Tielemans this season and decent-but-not-amazing Tielemans in 19/20. We'll carry on as a club.

We've never replaced mahrez either. Tielemans is absolute top draw. It will be noticeably worse when he isnt here. 

We would not miss the current Youri in the slightest. Since KDH has come in he's been consistently the better of the two players. I can only assume it's a mental thing with Youri as he's just looked more and more sloppy and less of a danger going forwards. 

His role recently has amounted to collecting short passes and then playing a backwards pass, Andy Johnson was doing the same job with aplomb in the championship for us.

I'm not doubting Youri's quality as when he's used correctly and is making things happen, his passing range is such a deadly tool. He makes football look easy when he's on it. If his hearts or head is not totally in it though, he's of no real use to us. The player we're seeing in 2022 in incredibly replaceable. His name is Conor Gallagher and we'd have the highest average midfield VO2 max in the league if we could bag him in the summer :D

• Like 2