Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

23 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We've never replaced mahrez either. Tielemans is absolute top draw. It will be noticeably worse when he isnt here. 

Not in kind, no, but we've changed style since Mahrez left to accommodate that and we've got Maddison playing a different position replacing him as the secondary goalscorer/creator to Vardy. That's not to say Maddison is as good as Mahrez (he obviously isn't, as much as I love Maddison) or that Mahrez wouldn't still greatly improve this side, he obviously would, but neither have we dropped off a cliff as a club since he's gone. 

The loss of Tielemans as an individual will be easier to deal with than the loss of Mahrez and we don't need to replace Tielemans directly - we can already see the style of play shifting since KDH has come in and Ndidi also doesn't have the same influence on us as a side, he did 18 months ago - which means we might bring in a different type of player for Tielemans who works in a different way with KDH and Maddison.

The bigger looming problem is the change in wage structure rules meaning we'll have to greatly reduce our wage bill and will likely have to lose 2 or 3 players we won't be able to bring players in for.

Edited by Sampson

Shouldn’t be nowhere near the starting 11. Useless. Slowest player I’ve seen. Can’t pass to a blue shirt either. 

doesn’t wanna be here and is making himself look stupid. Zero commitment to the club who hauled him of the scrap heap. If you don’t wanna be here then get gone. I couldn’t care less about an fa cup goal. You’ve gotta give far more than that to the club. 

He's certain to leave at the end of the season, we need to start planning for life without him and drop him.

He's been poor for a while now. Let's start looking at how the team would look without him in it In preparation for next season.