Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

5 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

He can stay naturally fit without playing football, what you're saying would be that Youri loses match sharpness quickly.

We don't know what it is really. One of my thoughts often revolves around his contract having a juicy appearance bonus, and him not wanting to miss a game for that reason. But I don't know if that's it at all. 

To be honest if he’s got a juicy appearance bonus you’d think Brendan would be more inclined to actually take him out of the team more often 

Nothing has really changed. Youri is what he's always been - an athletically limited player capable of the odd sublime moment of creativity. He's massively overrated because of the Cup Final goal but he's still one of the very few players we have that are capable of winning a match by pulling a moment of magic out of his ass. And that's why he has to play. Replace him with Hamza? lol Do me a favour.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Me and my old man have a theory about Tielemans.

He’s actually pretty naturally unfit and is a player that needs to play every game, every week to stay up to speed. If you think about him missing games through injury - he rarely comes back and plays well straight away. This is why he plays every week.

This is why a big club don’t want to touch him with a barge pole, even at a cut price 25m. He doesn’t suit their big squad depth rotation policies. He misses one game week and becomes lethargic, flat footed and goes missing.

Also doesn’t turn up in big games either (Cup final winner aside).

Agree with this. He’s going to get found out massively when/if he steps up.

Suits a club like ours where he’s the man and can stay physically fit, at the minute its getting him mentally motivated thats the problem.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Nothing has really changed. Youri is what he's always been - an athletically limited player capable of the odd sublime moment of creativity. He's massively overrated because of the Cup Final goal but he's still one of the very few players we have that are capable of winning a match by pulling a moment of magic out of his ass. And that's why he has to play. Replace him with Hamza? lol Do me a favour.

He is more likely to win the match for the opposition with how he is playing at the moment. Seems not interested. 

• Like 2

I reckon he's one of these fellas that if he doesn't do at least 20,000 steps a day or just looks at a Big Mac then he puts on half a stone hence why Rodgers has to play him week in week out.

Just by his shape now he's in big trouble when he retires, can see him being built a bit like the original Ronaldo as soon as he finished.

Will always love the cheeky chunky for that goal though. 

£30 mill in the summer and we all move on

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

He is more likely to win the match for the opposition with how he is playing at the moment. Seems not interested. 

He's always been caught out on occasion. It's got nothing to do with effort, or lack thereof. It's because he's less athletic than me - and I'm a 43 year old fat knacker with a gammy knee.

• Haha 1

Bottom line - if he was here on loan this season he wouldn't be signed, players can't be judged on a handful of games but he's not been good enough for too long. Why is not relevant here.

Needs to go or be a fringe/squad player if as i suspect no "top club" comes in for him.

So, so disappointing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

replace him with Maddison and play a winger on the right

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's always been caught out on occasion. It's got nothing to do with effort, or lack thereof. It's because he's less athletic than me - and I'm a 43 year old fat knacker with a gammy knee.

Sadly gone from on an occasion to pretty much everytime he receives the ball, anywhere on the field lol truth be told, you might as well play in his position, might improve things 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, lee7 said:

The biggest thing that will prevent Tielemans playing for a top side is his lack of pace. His range of passing is right up there with the best but give it a few years and his legs will be gone.

He is so slow you'd think we let him stay further up the pitch where he cant be bypassed but a couple yards of acceleration and instigate a break from the opposition

28 minutes ago, frany104 said:

You still h not got back to me. Who is slower in our squad. I honestly think vestergaard is on par for pace. Tielemans is a slug. Never had been world class and never will be. He’s not athletic enough. Won’t  go to a big club either because of his lack of athleticism 

The other thread has closed before I read your reply. 

Vestergaard, Evans and potentially Soumare. 

Youri is a good player. He isn’t amongst the elite due to his lack of speed. He’s hardly the slowest player we’ve ever had though. 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Sadly gone from on an occasion to pretty much everytime he receives the ball, anywhere on the field lol 

Perhaps when Wilf was actually playing as a proper DM and mopping up any mistakes Youri made his deficiencies were covered up somewhat?

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Perhaps when Wilf was actually playing as a proper DM and mopping up any mistakes Youri made his deficiencies were covered up somewhat?

It ultimately plays a part.

We aren’t an elite team, that can have players that do everything. We need N’Didi to compliment Youri. 

That wouldn’t have made a difference today. Today was toilet and it looked like our lads were on the beach and not interested. 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

The £25m price tag is starting to make more sense. Needs benching.

He’ll go in the summer. I think it’s for the best, whilst we can still get some money for him. Unless he moves to Italy, not many teams will offer him what we have here.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

replace him with Maddison and play a winger on the right

Seems like the obvious choice, We get Maddison in the middle where he's actually useful and we get to play an actual winger on the wing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Not sure the very top clubs will come calling for him in the Prem, he has been very poor for a long period now, his mind is obviously somewhere else!  I don't understand why Rodgers still plays him, as we will have to adapt next season.

It’s the lack of alternatives I’d imagine. 

I mentioned in the other thread. Unless we want to throw a Baybrook, Alves into the squad, the alternatives are Hamza or Soumare. This season just hasn’t gone to plan on many fronts. If we lose to Roma, we write it off and go again next season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s the lack of alternatives I’d imagine. 

I mentioned in the other thread. Unless we want to throw a Baybrook, Alves into the squad, the alternatives are Hamza or Soumare. This season just hasn’t gone to plan on many fronts. If we lose to Roma, we write it off and go again next season. 

That’s the problem. On form and on it he is one of our best. He also plays better when he plays every game. Trouble is it feels like he has already signed for United and  they have told him to take it easy. If it wasn’t for the ECL I’m sure he would be dropped after today. We do have other choices they may be not as good but they never will be unless we give them a go.