Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

Not sure the very top clubs will come calling for him in the Prem, he has been very poor for a long period now, his mind is obviously somewhere else!  I don't understand why Rodgers still plays him, as we will have to adapt next season.

He plays him because he's a financial asset and benching him devalues him and means the club has less money to spend on new players when he's sold on, like everything its a balance and at least he's not injured (l wont use the word "fit" ) 🤣

Everyone assuming he’s going to leave this summer. Serious question - who will buy him where he wants to go, and can also afford to pay his wages? 

Can see him stinking out the place for another year and going for a free after that, at which point he’ll probably get a decent choice of clubs…

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Soumare offers invention? With his one goal and 3 assists in over 100 senior appearances?

Tielemans offers invention and 10 days off will keep him sharper.

• Like 1

He's had a good fun here. Some great times, great goals and some elite displays. His heart isn't in it anymore.. He will continue to play because he's still capable of invention and creative foward passes 

I honestly think he's going to be one of those players who's careers end simply due to his legs going, he always looks spent and he's averaged 60 games a season for club and country since he turned 16 which is crazy. I say he's done by 28 at the top level.

• Sad 1

At this rate I don’t think youre has even the legs to play in a World Cup for Belgium. I’d rather he’s benched for a few games than string him out their to dry and get lasted week in week out

• Like 1

I think Youri is a brilliant player, but one who just doesn't have the drive for the club anymore and knows that he won't be here soon.

He's been a wonderful servant of the club, been brilliant in our success and definitely deserves to go down as one of our best players of this era. However, football doesn't really have much time for sentiment, and imo he shouldn't be playing every game for us anymore, assuming it is all but decided that he's off. He has shown a much higher current level of ability than say Hamza, or Soumare, or any of our academy players sure, but he hasn't shown the actual capability to put in those performances for quite some time now. Given that he's likely off I think we should be using the period of games where we have to rotate to keep players fresh anyway, and where the league is somewhat less important given how unlikely we are to get into a European place to start planning for life after Youri and figuring out where the players in his position stand right now, even if they haven't shown comparable previous ability to Youri at his best. And let's face it, the current incarnation of Youri isn't anywhere near his best and maybe not playing every game could help save him for when we need him most.

I'd be giving chances to the likes of Hamza, Soumare, hell even Braybrooke or whoever else is impressing in the U23 side, because you never know in football who can suddenly take an opportunity by the scruff of the neck a la Iheanacho, and if he's not playing well at all and also is gone, then there's not really a huge upside to him playing every single match.

I think we'll definitely miss him when he's gone, but his current level of performance isn't much to be missed and it would be sensible to see if there's anyone currently at the club who can provide a new dimension before having to spend big money. (Though we probably still might have to to adequately replace him)

Thinking about how bad Youri has been for months now, I kept wondering why he's always starting. BR never seems keen on dropping him, don't get me wrong, prime Youri shouldn't be dropped, but after months of terrible performances why isn't he being dropped?#

Then I thought, maybe because Youri has made his mind up to go, Leicester feel they have to keep playing him to try and drive his price up, hoping that he comes good again. Youri isn't really that bothered about putting in the effort so it's a bit of a perpetual cycle. We don't play him and we will get very little for him, carry on playing him (with his current form) and we may actually drive the price down instead! This is a real case of Rock and a hard place for the club I feel.  

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Thinking about how bad Youri has been for months now, I kept wondering why he's always starting. BR never seems keen on dropping him, don't get me wrong, prime Youri shouldn't be dropped, but after months of terrible performances why isn't he being dropped?#

Then I thought, maybe because Youri has made his mind up to go, Leicester feel they have to keep playing him to try and drive his price up, hoping that he comes good again. Youri isn't really that bothered about putting in the effort so it's a bit of a perpetual cycle. We don't play him and we will get very little for him, carry on playing him (with his current form) and we may actually drive the price down instead! This is a real case of Rock and a hard place for the club I feel.  

Because there is no one to rotate him with. Hamza is a complete lost cause, and Soumare is injured (apparently). I thought we would have seen more of Soumare since his start against Liverpool, but he is still on Brendan's tentative list. 

Which leaves going for the youngsters, which comes with its own risks. I presume Brendan is going for the 'run him into the ground' option as he is in the departure lounge. With 1 year left on the contract i don't think much is going to change his price.

1 minute ago, jamesp26 said:

Because there is no one to rotate him with. Hamza is a complete lost cause, and Soumare is injured (apparently). I thought we would have seen more of Soumare since his start against Liverpool, but he is still on Brendan's tentative list. 

Which leaves going for the youngsters, which comes with its own risks. I presume Brendan is going for the 'run him into the ground' option as he is in the departure lounge. With 1 year left on the contract i don't think much is going to change his price.

Why is Hamza a lost cause? His last few games in various positions he's been quite good, Brings more to the team that Youri currently does,

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

Why is Hamza a lost cause? His last few games in various positions he's been quite good, Brings more to the team that Youri currently does,

Because he has been involved in none of the rotation, at a time when its desperately been needed. KDH and Youri were knackered on Sunday (understandably so), and Hamza isn't an option. If you are not being played when your midfield can barely run, then surely the only conclusion is you are a lost cause right?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Do you think we'll get more than the £40m we paid to get him permanently?

Just now, Guy said:

Do you think we'll get more than the £40m we paid to get him permanently?

Well firstly I think it was £32m if I'm not mistaken - but even then, I think we may struggle to break even, unless the reported 5 or 6 clubs are interested and in which case may cause a bidding war,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Because he has been involved in none of the rotation, at a time when its desperately been needed. KDH and Youri were knackered on Sunday (understandably so), and Hamza isn't an option. If you are not being played when your midfield can barely run, then surely the only conclusion is you are a lost cause right?

I've got to disagree, BR has used him in the past, Sundays game he may have had his reasons for not bringing him on, but I would not really describe Hamza as a lost cause right now,