Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I've got to disagree, BR has used him in the past, Sundays game he may have had his reasons for not bringing him on, but I would not really describe Hamza as a lost cause right now,

You're missing my point. You might not consider him a lost cause, but if a player hasn't featured at all at a time when rotation is essential, what does that tell you about what the manager thinks the player brings? 

Incidentally, at the home PSV game, we were right of the front in B3 (plastic - i know), and Hamza was doing next to nothing in the warm up. Spent most of the time smiling at kids in front of us. Training like he knew he stood no chance of getting on at any point. Obviously don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but to not have featured at all around this time makes me feel the perception is he has nothing to offer.

• Like 2

On 17/04/2022 at 14:08, lcfcsnow said:

I honestly think he's going to be one of those players who's careers end simply due to his legs going, he always looks spent and he's averaged 60 games a season for club and country since he turned 16 which is crazy. I say he's done by 28 at the top level.

Wouldnt the above circumstances, for any player, really not pointing fingers at Youri, be a good reason to see out a nice well paid,, gentle year,  in a lovely Leicestershire hamlet?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Well firstly I think it was £32m if I'm not mistaken - but even then, I think we may struggle to break even, unless the reported 5 or 6 clubs are interested and in which case may cause a bidding war,

Yes, you're probably nearer the mark with £32m come to think of it! If he's off to a fellow Prem. rival (Arsenal are being touted about at the mo.), then hopefully we cvan prise £50m out of them in the same way that we got handsome fees for Maguire and Chilwell.....

On 17/04/2022 at 19:28, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Soumare offers invention? With his one goal and 3 assists in over 100 senior appearances?

...goals and assists are not what his game is about!!!

We would all be happy with KDH doing what he presently does now, without the goals or assists. Rodgers claims he needs goals and assists to add to his (KDH) game. The goals and assists are all very well but it is what he does throughout the match that counts.

18 minutes ago, Guy said:

Yes, you're probably nearer the mark with £32m come to think of it! If he's off to a fellow Prem. rival (Arsenal are being touted about at the mo.), then hopefully we cvan prise £50m out of them in the same way that we got handsome fees for Maguire and Chilwell.....

....no chance, they would be absolutely crazy to go that high!!!

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If we cant get 40mil.then keep him

...it takes us back to the start of the conversation, do we want him around the club for another year and how frustrating would it be watching him in action on the pitch!!!

The thought is that he is tired, having played all year round for the last 2-3 years, yet another reason for his poor form is that he needs to be constantly played.

I do not believe it is either, he is just slow to move the ball, weak in possession and inconsistent in games, and it is something he is incapable of changing, it is how he is.

If he is looking to mitigate the weakness in his game, he needs to make adjustments, like being more on the half-turn. Look to move the ball quicker, more link up where midfield triangles allows him to play down the pitch, where his real skills are utilised on a more consistent basis.

He cannot keep moving from club to club, with the same problems manifesting itself, and he does not seek to remedy the problem. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...goals and assists are not what his game is about!!!

We would all be happy with KDH doing what he presently does now, without the goals or assists. Rodgers claims he needs goals and assists to add to his (KDH) game. The goals and assists are all very well but it is what he does throughout the match that counts.

Soumare has done absolutely nothing, apart from half arsed jogs around sometimes

54 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If we cant get 40mil.then keep him

To get another half arsed season from one of our top paid players on our currently already bloated wage bill only for him to leave for nothing the following summer?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Soumare has done absolutely nothing, apart from half arsed jogs around sometimes

...true, that is why it is so frustrating what we are seeing coming from him to date!!!

If he had hit the ground running, we would have seen KDH style performances, without the goals and assists. 

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

To get another half arsed season from one of our top paid players on our currently already bloated wage bill only for him to leave for nothing the following summer?

It's to tell his agent to get his arse in gear if he wants out.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How poor does he actually have to play before Brendan drops him?

Drop Madders into the 8 position and let us play with some better structure rather than this lopsided system

He can't be any worse than Youri and Maddison has said himself he prefers to play as an 8

I'd drop him for Saturday. 

Guest Kopfkino

Wish he’d gone last summer, we’d have got a decent wedge and not had to suffer a performance like that tonight, didn’t think he could be that bad again In the short term he’s tarnished his hero status with me 

I don’t think he’s as good as I thought he was either. I thought he could play for the biggest clubs in the world but he doesn’t control. I can’t think of many times our back has been against the wall where he has dragged us through, we’ve had to play well for him to shine. 

Wish he’d just stop wasting all our time. He clearly can’t be arsed anymore. Don’t even want to keep him in the summer anymore even if we could do if he’s just going to waddle around the pitch kicking the ball out into touch like this. In the words of David Davis “for god’s sake, just go”

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3