Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

Another leak to Romano this week followed by this dreadful performance. Not even Tottenham will take him if he keeps this up. 

Think about it. It isn't a leak, it's his agent pushing that he's leaving. 

He'd only be doing that if there were limited suitors or none he wants to go to. You don't make this noise if your move is sorted. 

His options aren't looking like what he was sold, and now they're probably a little panicky.

Mixed with his dogshite form, things aren't looking good.

Guest Col city fan

The problem in this team isn’t Tielemans ffs! It’s some kind of weak mental attitude that results in us shitting our pants during the latter stages of matches. That comes from the manager.

Tielemans played some lovely stuff again tonight. Keeping it simple, passing it around with ease.

He genuinely needs to play in a better team than Leicester now. I think he knows it and his head isn’t quite with us anymore.

But he’s a super player and we’ll miss him big time imo 

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The problem in this team isn’t Tielemans ffs! It’s some kind of weak mental attitude that results in us shitting our pants during the latter stages of matches. That comes from the manager.

Tielemans played some lovely stuff again tonight. Keeping it simple, passing it around with ease.

He genuinely needs to play in a better team than Leicester now. I think he knows it and his head isn’t quite with us anymore.

Lovely stuff? He found Everton player after Everton player.

We absolutely 100% will not miss the Tielemans of this season at all.

Absolutely flabbergasted people are still repeating that “we’ll miss him massively when he’s gone” line by rote after every single game. It’s like Theresa May repeating “strong and stable” ad infinitum all over again at this point

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Sorry Col but I couldn’t disagree with you more on this. 

Tielemans of old was a super player and we would certainly miss that, but these last months he has been wasteful and no where near focused. And it really disappoints me to say that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Doing his best to ruin a legacy. Even Mahrez still tried to a certain extent. Going right off him. 

Mahrez final season was his 2nd best season. He clearly wanted to leave but he never downed tools in in his performances like Tielemans has.

• Like 1

When he came in on loan he looked amazing, signed him permanently and that 19/20 season him and Chilwell were the weak links in the team, bloody awful, absolute passengers.

Last season 20/21 he looked world class, best player in the team, sealed with the FA cup final winning goal, amazing, legend!

This season, again absolute garbage! Scores the odd goal, makes the odd killer pass but can count the number of good games on 1 hand.

He'll always be a legend for delivering our first FA cup and for that we are grateful, also he seems like a lovely guy but it's obvious that he thinks he's better than he is, he politely doesn't want to he here, and his performances are literally costing us games! Think I was done with him after spurs last min.

All in all time to be dropped and give someone else a chance!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If he played so well, how do you know his head isn't in it anymore?

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Mahrez final season was his 2nd best season. He clearly wanted to leave but he never downed tools in in his performances like Tielemans has.

I dont think Tielemans has purposely downed tools but instead he just has a weak mentality. 

He can’t push past the fact he doesn’t want to be here anymore and can’t get motivated to play. Its not the mentality of a top class player. 

He’ll get found out at his next club and end up either back here tail in between his legs or at West Ham. 

Guest Col city fan
11 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Sorry Col but I couldn’t disagree with you more on this. 

Tielemans of old was a super player and we would certainly miss that, but these last months he has been wasteful and no where near focused. And it really disappoints me to say that. 

I don’t disagree Suzie

The point I was making is, despite his head being turned, he still looks like one of our best players. As I said before, it’s a percentages game. If you try to spray the ball about, as Tielemans does (he’s our playmaker), there will be times when it won’t come off. And it will show

But he still has the bollox to TRY to do this. And in a better side than Leicester, he’ll have more time to make it work more of the time!

He’s quality imo. God knows what we’ll be left with if we lose both Youri and Madders. I dread to think

😩
But I don’t expect much agreement on here tbf. Don’t forget, this is the forum where ‘genuinely’ a good percentage of posters named Amartey as their player of the season! When you’ve got that going on, you’ve got little chance of being understood.

My prediction is that Youri will leave us and go on to absolutely shine elsewhere 

Edited by Col city fan

I don’t think he was that bad tonight, played some nice passes, worked sone nice triangles. Wasn’t outstanding but better than he was against Newcastle. His biggest flaw which makes me surprised if he’s attracting the Champions League clubs in England is he has no pace. Maybe playing in Spain would suit his game more. 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t disagree Suzie

The point I was making is, despite his head being turned, he still looks like one of our best players. As I said before, it’s a percentages game. If you try to spray the ball about, as Tielemans does (he’s our playmaker), there will be times when it won’t come off. And it will show

But he still has the bollox to TRY to do this. And in a better side than Leicester, he’ll have more time to make it work more of the time!

He’s quality imo. God knows what we’ll be left with if we lose both Youri and Madders. I dread to think

😩

Still looks like one of our best players? Have you been on the sauce?

Edited by Sampson
  • Haha 2

I really don't think he's been poor because of the contract situation. He's been poor since Dewsbury-hall has come in and we've played more with a midfield 3. Coincidence? 

Be interesting if noone comes in for him this summer. I think he could look great in a team that dominate where his negatives aren't exposed. 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Getin said:

Struggling to think of a player that’s contributed so little, so often and yet is always picked. Please Brendan why oh why do we have to play with 10 men every match?

Because Brendan believes him to be our most important outfield player?

What other reason would there be?

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I really don't think he's been poor because of the contract situation. He's been poor since Dewsbury-hall has come in and we've played more with a midfield 3. Coincidence? 

Be interesting if noone comes in for him this summer. I think he could look great in a team that dominate where his negatives aren't exposed. 

He’s been poor all season. He’s just reached extra levels of poor recently.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t disagree Suzie

😩
But I don’t expect much agreement on here tbf. Don’t forget, this is the forum where ‘genuinely’ a good percentage of posters named Amartey as their player of the season! When you’ve got that going on, you’ve got little chance of being understood.

My prediction is that Youri will leave us and go on to absolutely shine elsewhere 

Like some others have said, yes we understand that part of his game is trying that difficult pass etc BUT he's been awful in all areas, not just giving the ball away (which he's doing much more often now then a few months back) he's too slow, lathergic, doesn't track his runners, doesn't go in for 50/50s, doesn't ever win a header, positionally he's become poor and his shooting had shot to peices. So it's not just that he takes risk so obviously he'll give the ball away more often. Compared to himself a few months back he's awful on all accounts. 

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I don’t think he was that bad tonight, played some nice passes, worked sone nice triangles. Wasn’t outstanding but better than he was against Newcastle. His biggest flaw which makes me surprised if he’s attracting the Champions League clubs in England is he has no pace. Maybe playing in Spain would suit his game more. 

I agree with this but in a better side, he’d have more time.

Imagine Tielemans pinging the ball around between De Bruyne, Grealish, Foden and the such like

He’d have time to do it and wouldn’t look at all out of place