Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Like some others have said, yes we understand that part of his game is trying that difficult pass etc BUT he's been awful in all areas, not just giving the ball away (which he's doing much more often now then a few months back) he's too slow, lathergic, doesn't track his runners, doesn't go in for 50/50s, doesn't ever win a header, positionally he's become poor and his shooting had shot to peices. So it's not just that he takes risk so obviously he'll give the ball away more often. Compared to himself a few months back he's awful on all accounts. 

Disrespectful... I think you will find he won 1 header tonight :thumbup:

image.png.c17ae95c4a02a140b6fbbd1149dbcd75.pngimage.png.928be7d44a13026ff5da39a261ce22dc.png

Edited by moore_94

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's funny to see the credit in the bank Brendan gets from the FA cup win and how it masks over so many of his deficiencies but Youri isn't afforded the same courtesy

Good point as usual bud 

Just now, Col city fan said:

I agree with this but in a better side, he’d have more time.

Imagine Tielemans pinging the ball around between De Bruyne, Grealish, Foden and the such like

He’d have time to do it and wouldn’t look at all out of place

I'd look good pinging the ball around that Man City side. No one's saying he's not a good playet either, just that based on current performances he doesn't warrant a place.

Is it because he is unfit? Or tired? Or out of form? Or naturally one-paced (in other words slow)? Or just can’t be arsed?

Whatever it is, this version of Tielemans has become a liability to the team and needs to be dropped. Not rested. Dropped. And Maddison played centrally.

• Like 2

Largely the reason he’s being picked is that the other options are staggeringly basic. 

Where my issue comes is the poor passing is that a symptom of too much playing and fatigue? And given that the complete change in our back four over recent weeks…that suggests a prioritisation of the remaining cup competition, so why isn’t Youri (or KDH) rotated. 

He’s in appalling form but looks to be running on fumes. 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree with this but in a better side, he’d have more time.

Imagine Tielemans pinging the ball around between De Bruyne, Grealish, Foden and the such like

He’d have time to do it and wouldn’t look at all out of place

Behave. He’s a very good player at his best, but he’s nowhere near consistent enough to get in ManCity’s side. I doubt he’d even make their bench.

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t disagree Suzie

The point I was making is, despite his head being turned, he still looks like one of our best players. As I said before, it’s a percentages game. If you try to spray the ball about, as Tielemans does (he’s our playmaker), there will be times when it won’t come off. And it will show

But he still has the bollox to TRY to do this. And in a better side than Leicester, he’ll have more time to make it work more of the time!

He’s quality imo. God knows what we’ll be left with if we lose both Youri and Madders. I dread to think

😩
But I don’t expect much agreement on here tbf. Don’t forget, this is the forum where ‘genuinely’ a good percentage of posters named Amartey as their player of the season! When you’ve got that going on, you’ve got little chance of being understood.

My prediction is that Youri will leave us and go on to absolutely shine elsewhere 

Says the poster that named Kasper as POTS earlier .... The keeper that's let in more goals than Burnley this season!!!

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Says the poster that named Kasper as POTS earlier .... The keeper that's let in more goals than Burnley this season!!!

Yet has absolutely no chance of being able to save tonight’s due to the massive deflection. If you’re gonna say something like this at least have a bit more context about it. 

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t disagree Suzie

The point I was making is, despite his head being turned, he still looks like one of our best players. As I said before, it’s a percentages game. If you try to spray the ball about, as Tielemans does (he’s our playmaker), there will be times when it won’t come off. And it will show

But he still has the bollox to TRY to do this. And in a better side than Leicester, he’ll have more time to make it work more of the time!

He’s quality imo. God knows what we’ll be left with if we lose both Youri and Madders. I dread to think

😩
But I don’t expect much agreement on here tbf. Don’t forget, this is the forum where ‘genuinely’ a good percentage of posters named Amartey as their player of the season! When you’ve got that going on, you’ve got little chance of being understood.

My prediction is that Youri will leave us and go on to absolutely shine elsewhere 

You mistake being one of our most talented players with one of our best (as of late).

Talent wise he blows KDH out the water but I'd much rather see Kieran on the team sheet every time at the moment. 

I miss seeing us at our best with an on form Wilf and Youri in the engine room. Those were the days. 

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Behave. He’s a very good player at his best, but he’s nowhere near consistent enough to get in ManCity’s side. I doubt he’d even make their bench.

I don't know he is a very similar player to Gundogan. I think Pep would rate Youri, his sort of player. 

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I don't know he is a very similar player to Gundogan. I think Pep would rate Youri, his sort of player. 

No way, Pep likes his players to work hard, esp off the ball. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He’s way too passive and nowhere near hard working enough off the ball for a Guardiola side.

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I think many rate Youri but in the Man City there are too many players looking to occupy the space that youri likes to play. . He is not athletic enough for pep. Whenever he plays for Belgium he never seems to shine alongside kdb and looks a shadow of the star he is here (normally). I think you see that a bit with KDH here now. I can see him being much more suited to Arsenal or maybe even manure if ten hag decides to play the more cultured game as opposed to rangnick hard press. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Getin said:

Struggling to think of a player that’s contributed so little, so often and yet is always picked. Please Brendan why oh why do we have to play with 10 men every match?

Because a dropped player with 12 month on his contract is probably worth £10 million less in the summer.............

It's simple. He's a quality player, one of the best in the team on ability when everyone is playing to potential.

He's also showed almost none of that ability in recent months and I'd rather see basically any other option given a chance at the moment instead of playing him every single minute of every single game.

That doesn't mean he's a bad player by any stretch, he's just in abysmal form.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

It's simple. He's a quality player, one of the best in the team on ability when everyone is playing to potential.

He's also showed almost none of that ability in recent months and I'd rather see basically any other option given a chance at the moment instead of playing him every single minute of every single game.

That doesn't mean he's a bad player by any stretch, he's just in abysmal form.

Agreed and a bit half arsed as well though. 

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....no chance, they would be absolutely crazy to go that high!!!

Arsenal probably won't pay that amount but somebody else will if they rate him highly enough, given his age too as well. As others have said, I think he's been jaded through a combination of lack of motivation of late and being overplayed ... and needs a new challenge. 

He’s a quality player when he wants to be however he coasts though games far too often. I wander if Monaco moved him on for the same reasons or was it just the cash? Sublime player when he makes a real effort.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Yet has absolutely no chance of being able to save tonight’s due to the massive deflection. If you’re gonna say something like this at least have a bit more context about it. 

I thought the context was very clear…. Col was talking about the bizarre nature of FT because some fans called Amartey POTS, and yet he’s made the call for KS to be POTS, after conceding 51 goals, 6 more than Burnley.

For context simply read my post, and the one I replied to. At no point did I make a point about tonight’s goal.

Enough context for you??

1 hour ago, Getin said:

He’s a quality player when he wants to be however he coasts though games far too often. I wander if Monaco moved him on for the same reasons or was it just the cash? Sublime player when he makes a real effort.

....they moved him on for the same reasons!!!

It says something when a manager refuses to take a job if Tielemans was still at the club. It worked for Monaco, we won't be so lucky.

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....they moved him on for the same reasons!!!

It says something when a manager refuses to take a job if Tielemans was still at the club. It worked for Monaco, we won't be so lucky.

Did that actually happen? Which manager? Any links?