Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

48 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Did that actually happen? Which manager? Any links?

....can't find the actual report that I previously read!!!

Get French Football News report that their sources have informed them that returning Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim is actively seeking to move Tielemans on this month. The manager reportedly wasn’t a fan of the player during his previous spell at the club.

Taken from an article 29/01/2019

.....it is a lot like groundhog day for Youri!!!

Members

PostedOctober 15, 2018

On 10/15/2018 at 7:17 PM, Munegu10 said:

Especially since swinging that the system was made to put Tielemans at ease, how to say...

Well that does not prevent the Belgian from evolving at an insufficient level

Uh... He just had the opportunity to evolve in all possible positions in different schemes. I don't see what more Jardim could do for him apart from asking the club to hire a mental coach just for his beautiful eyes.

When you read his pre-season interview where he complains of not being an indisputable starter, you can see that the problem with him is in his state of mind.

So much the better if they get high with Henry but I highly doubt he'll put on consistent performances throughout his career.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Call me mad but let him go for 25m and bring praet back.

Praet and KDH as 2 8's would actually work pretty well together. Both get up and down, praet's pressing would need to improve.

I'd be worried about the number of goals and assists between the two of them but they're both dynamic players who could fit the system.

Youri has gone mentally and its annoying we're persisting with him.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Praet and KDH as 2 8's would actually work pretty well together. Both get up and down, praet's pressing would need to improve.

I'd be worried about the number of goals and assists between the two of them but they're both dynamic players who could fit the system.

Theoretically with a RW who scores and assists plenty then that could work well. My worry is Praet continues to get a 2-3 month injury plus other niggles every season and then what.

I can't defend Tielemans any longer though. No denying he's got the ability to be top class for us but it's not been seen enough this season and I do think he's mentally checked out. He is the consumate professional but he also suffers dips in form and although the first part might sound a contradictory statement for a model professional, I think it's human nature. He's not deliberately doing this but momentum and rhythm have gone both physically and mentally.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I like what you say.  Buy denis is not a favourite of Brendan's.... no idea why.  There are some players he ignores. 

9 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Because a dropped player with 12 month on his contract is probably worth £10 million less in the summer.............

Would genuinely rather let him go for free. We’d probably make that £10m back with a higher league finish without him in the side lol 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Theoretically with a RW who scores and assists plenty then that could work well. My worry is Praet continues to get a 2-3 month injury plus other niggles every season and then what.

I can't defend Tielemans any longer though. No denying he's got the ability to be top class for us but it's not been seen enough this season and I do think he's mentally checked out. He is the consumate professional but he also suffers dips in form and although the first part might sound a contradictory statement for a model professional, I think it's human nature. He's not deliberately doing this but momentum and rhythm have gone both physically and mentally.

Absolutely on the right wing point. You'd still need to sign lookman as well as a Barnes alternative but say we signed Madueke or someone similar you'd hope between maddison, Barnes, lookman and the RW you'd get 30 plus goals.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Guest Chocolate Teapot
40 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I like what you say.  Buy denis is not a favourite of Brendan's.... no idea why.  There are some players he ignores. 

I know, I think it's because he doesn't press well. If we could clone KDH and make him right footed that'd be ideal to be honest.

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The problem in this team isn’t Tielemans ffs! It’s some kind of weak mental attitude that results in us shitting our pants during the latter stages of matches. That comes from the manager.

Tielemans played some lovely stuff again tonight. Keeping it simple, passing it around with ease.

He genuinely needs to play in a better team than Leicester now. I think he knows it and his head isn’t quite with us anymore.

But he’s a super player and we’ll miss him big time imo 

He has ability for sure but he again got skinned easily by the majestic Iwobi. He just doesn’t look like a 23 year old running about, his fitness and quickness is his biggest weakness.

He may well do better in a better team but he’s doing crap for us and I’m looking forward to getting someone in who can do a better job than he has been doing for several weeks. This team has been carrying him.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 minutes ago, Mark said:

Or assist, score, is incredibly passive but remarkable what a mishit pass against Brentford does for you though

His goal and assist stats are pretty comparable to KDH's. He's not as good a player I'll give you.

I think back to when he's been given a run in the side and he's actually done ok.

He was excellent against in the 5 nil against Newcastle (assist), played well against man city as the holding midfielder, started last season brilliantly (goals and assists) He's had poor games for sure but it seems he was bombed out far quicker than any other player. Certainly haven't seen him play as badly as Youri recently.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

@moore_94 you're usually hot on stats. Any chance you have access to Youri's heat maps for the past few games?  I swear it'll look like he's basically been asked to play as a 3rd CB.

Everton

EB217C75-F7A0-482B-9B92-64D33086312F.jpeg

Newcastle

53888B5C-00A7-47AA-AA75-0F5EAED72372.jpeg

West Ham (his last 7.0+ match rating from WhoScored)

278C3CFA-ACFE-40CE-9996-CBF2482342C7.jpeg

This season

50CC4B01-69C6-4EDC-BAA5-4DB8DCAC44FF.jpeg

Last Season

C157733A-AB48-423E-B3E5-631182EF2833.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Ideally you want 

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Everton

EB217C75-F7A0-482B-9B92-64D33086312F.jpeg

Newcastle

53888B5C-00A7-47AA-AA75-0F5EAED72372.jpeg

West Ham (his last 7.0+ match rating from WhoScored)

278C3CFA-ACFE-40CE-9996-CBF2482342C7.jpeg

This season

50CC4B01-69C6-4EDC-BAA5-4DB8DCAC44FF.jpeg

Last Season

C157733A-AB48-423E-B3E5-631182EF2833.jpeg

Beautiful cheers :D

Glad my eyes haven't been deceiving me.  ideally, we want our incredibly talented and creative CM to be spending more time in the other team's half, especially when we're dominating possession and are playing a defensive midfielder in Mendy who's deployed there to do the things that Youri is doing. 

If Rodgers was unhappy with that then logic dictates he would drop him or at least be seen to be clearly shouting at him during the game. Which leads me to the only possible conclusion, Youri is doing what is asked of him. Basically being asked to be a defensive water carrier alongside another defensive water carrier, in a team that wants to have 65-70% possession.

Yawn.

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ideally you want 

Beautiful cheers :D

Glad my eyes haven't been deceiving me.  ideally, we want our incredibly talented and creative CM to be spending more time in the other team's half, especially when we're dominating possession and are playing a defensive midfielder in Mendy who's deployed there to do the things that Youri is doing. 

If Rodgers was unhappy with that then logic dictates he would drop him or at least be seen to be clearly shouting at him during the game. Which leads me to the only possible conclusion, Youri is doing what is asked of him. Basically being asked to be a defensive water carrier alongside another defensive water carrier, in a team that wants to have 65-70% possession.

Yawn.

That kind of thinking is considered subversive. Brendan doesn't get anything wrong. 

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm as dedicated to suggesting players as you are doing pre match, match and post match threads. Respect the craft 😂

We need one of your 1000+ rep post requests to turn our season round. Also, pre match threads? Pfft, cba with that shit :D

• Haha 1