Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Suspect tracking for their goal? Need to see it again, however what I'm in no doubt is just how good he was at pushing Roma back 2nd half and being so positive on the ball. Much like the Tielemans we love.

Another big performance needed next week, as I've said before I keep picturing another ripper from him in a famous backdrop and stadium.

Where I was sat it looked like Albrighton was at least as culpable for not tracking back for their goal. He let the wingback simply trot past him to help create the goal. 

• Like 1

It’s actually getting quite depressing watching him now to be honest. 

It’s so clear he already has a contract agreed elsewhere because there’s no way he’d be mincing about like he is if he was still in the shop window! 

I realise in ECL there’s no one else but I’d like to see someone else given a go in the league from now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Where I was sat it looked like Albrighton was at least as culpable for not tracking back for their goal. He let the wingback simply trot past him to help create the goal. 

albrighton had an utter mare, he must have thought he was going to cut back but it was terrible judgement 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeah shocking bit of play. Ricardo didn’t do much either! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’s actually getting quite depressing watching him now to be honest. 

It’s so clear he already has a contract agreed elsewhere because there’s no way he’d be mincing about like he is if he was still in the shop window! 

I realise in ECL there’s no one else but I’d like to see someone else given a go in the league from now.

I thought Tielemans played well today. Good on the ball and good passing. I didn’t notice him not tracking back for their goal because all my attention was taken up with the shambles that was Albrighton and Ricardo’s input to the goal as that’s the side I’m on at the KP.

I thought tonight was his best game for a while by miles. Their goal was so easily avoidable but I don’t think Tielemans was at fault.

We’d get the £25m were asking for the Tielemans that played tonight.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Thought Pereira was most at fault for their goal tbh, far too casual in getting across and then letting him come.

Was also a very saveable shot...

Think 5 of them poor for goal - Albrighton, Ricky, Kasper, Fofana and youri

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Suspect tracking for their goal? Need to see it again, however what I'm in no doubt is just how good he was at pushing Roma back 2nd half and being so positive on the ball. Much like the Tielemans we love.

Another big performance needed next week, as I've said before I keep picturing another ripper from him in a famous backdrop and stadium.

Not sure the stadium in Albania is famous enough!

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Best game in a while for me.

Same. He finally seemed to come al8ve and see the pitch open up for him to get some space and those passes in to players and the opposition on the back foot.

Plenty abusing him for not being tight to Pellegrini for their goal but not a single bit of praise for his ball winning that gave Iheanacho the sort of chance he's often lethal at finishing digging it out of his feet with a curling effort for 15-20 yards.

All round it was the sort of Tielemans performance we saw nearly every week last season, so in a sense it's nothing special but if you can't register when he's not had a howler of a game then you're fcuked as a fan.

• Like 1

RE: Youri, much better from him. Retained possession well and used the ball well. He seemed to be directing the game more influentially as well, wanting to urge players forward. It seemed like that was missing recently along with his general performances. But he was getting out of tight spaces frequently and playing the ball quicker. The only thing I could criticise him for, and I think is warranted, is going to ground when they countered and letting the opposition take him on too easily. 

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not sure where the criticism of Ricardo is coming from. I thought his all round game was very good last night.

Same. He was regularly a good wide outlet to play to and drive forward that side. Roma seemed to oddly ignore it until they decided to bring on Vina to cover their left side. 

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not sure where the criticism of Ricardo is coming from. I thought his all round game was very good last night.

I thought he looked slow so wondered if he was unfit or whether he's just never been quick. Sometimes when they broke free behind him I couldn't tell if I was watching Pereira or Tielemans trying to chase back lol

Perhaps it was an opportunity to show Mourinho how he could play against an Italian team. His future seems to be in Italy I reckon , another PL team will just highlight his problems with pace and aggressive pressing.

Pretty unfussy and was playing too deep to really effect the game, but he was very poised on the ball last night. His calmness under pressure allowed us to sustain our attacking impetus most of the night.

There was one eye of the needle drilled left footed pass into Maddison under pressure which took out about 3 Roma players which was the kind of thing only he could do from our side.

Not a lot of competition I know, but it was his best display for a while.

Don't understand the Ricardo criticism either. He was a solid 7/10 last night and got better as the match went on, especially defensively. Zalewski got one on one with him 2 or 3 times second half and he snuffed it out with a perfectly timed tackle each time  A pass here or there went astray, but for a full back he does try to be progressive with his distribution so I'll never knock him for that.

Edited by martyn

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Same. He finally seemed to come al8ve and see the pitch open up for him to get some space and those passes in to players and the opposition on the back foot.

Plenty abusing him for not being tight to Pellegrini for their goal but not a single bit of praise for his ball winning that gave Iheanacho the sort of chance he's often lethal at finishing digging it out of his feet with a curling effort for 15-20 yards.

All round it was the sort of Tielemans performance we saw nearly every week last season, so in a sense it's nothing special but if you can't register when he's not had a howler of a game then you're fcuked as a fan.

I think he looks more up for the ECL games. 

People has just decided he going so have a little negative bias.