Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

I was so struck with his poor passing today I looked up the stats.  Yikes. 

1938756378_YouribadvEFC.thumb.JPG.fbd103edec0873fec0c2538ad981430b.JPG

But I disagree with those saying he’s not arsed.  IMO he will always veer from poor to sublime because of his limited athleticism.  He’s never going to be much at advancing via (or defending) the dribble.  So his game is based on high-risk, high-reward long passing.  Lately he keeps attempting Hollywood balls to teammates who aren’t even making the runs.

Put him in a top side which can cover more of his weaknesses, and play him less than 55 games a year, and again he’ll be a hell of a producer.  That side isn’t LCFC, as he (and we) have already figured out.

We’ve had our money’s worth and may at least get back what we paid for him.  Plus a certain trophy.  Thanks Youri, and please head to a European league -- best for you and for us.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

There was a bit today where he didn’t get the ball after a coming together and he gave up, stood still and shrugged his shoulders. Not good enough.

I agree, if he’s not signing a new contract - why play him? Quite clear he doesn’t want to be here.

So many times he did this. Did exactly the same with a slightly over hit pass which he could definitely have gotten to. 

Guest Col city fan

I love Tielemans. He’s the sort of player that can run games when on form

It’s clear he wants out and I’m sure he’ll go in the summer. His head hasn’t been at Leicester for months. 

Guest Mee-9

Absolutely shocking performance today.

He shouldn't be in the starting line up at all. 

I like Youri and he’s been very good for us during his time here but it’s clear he’s ready to move on now. 
I wouldn’t select him in the squad again this season and give games to the players that will be here next season.

He is the weak link in our team both defensively and offensively. Defensively he loses the ball way to easily (yes I know a player of his type will lose the ball more often that others due to the type of pass, but he also gets caught in possession way too easily) and then he does nothing to get the ball back, just flaps his arms every time and looks up at the sky. Offensively I can't remember the last time he played a decent pass to unlock the defense. 

The problem is we over rely on him for that creative spark (esp when madders isn't playing) and he fails to give it. Its often like playing with a man down. He needs to be dropped from the team immediately. 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I love Tielemans. He’s the sort of player that can run games when on form

It’s clear he wants out and I’m sure he’ll go in the summer. His head hasn’t been at Leicester for months. 

Then why persist in playing him? He’s a liability for us at the moment. Passing crap. Lacks pace. Doesn’t close down. I’d sooner play those who are going to be here next season or blood some of the youngsters. 

Does BR keep playing Youri to keep him in the shop window? Maybe he will score or put a defence splitting pass in or two,get sold and get BR the money to rebuild. Maybe why Perez had resurfaced. No sales no rebuild. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

KDH gets leniency considering the position he was asked to play. Stupidly. 

He's still in his "local golden boy, can do no wrong" phase, so people won't call out that atrocious performance from him for what it was. But he absolutely wasn't much better than Tielemans today, which is saying something.