Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

He was so bad today I thought it was perhaps the atmosphere and murmurings getting to him. Happens to me at 5 aside when some of the lads get on my back for 1 or 2 poor passes, I go to shit. 

I got panned by some for saying a few months back that Youri lacks that vital speed of thought and movement to be truly world class. With time on the ball, he can be great but when pressurised, that dissipates. Great FA Cup winning goal. Thanksfor that. But almost totally AWOL this season. Time for him and us to move on. 

• Like 3

When we first started questioning him a lot of fans were upset that we dared question him. He’s been useless for a long time now. Get rid. He’s got no care for the club whatsoever. He would be rotting in Monaco reserves if not for us. 

What is funny though is some people on here called him world class 😂😂

I’m now worried that we won’t shift him. He’s comfortably been one of our worst performers for a long time. If his head has gone, just leave him out of the last few games. He has offered nothing for a while put someone in who wants to play. If we’re not careful he could end up damaging his legacy here, I’d rather him not play again and we remember the good things he did a say thanks and good luck. 

He was so bad today, his passing and confidence had absolutely gone ( the last 30min at east.)  I’m sure he wanted ground to swallow him up at the same time as we all wanted him subbing off. Only problem is and it’s clear is he’s the only midfielder to pass forward as soon as we can’t pass to him we have absolutely no one to play it forward and didn’t even have anyone on the bench to do that either

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's averaged 60 games a season for club and country since he turned 16, I honestly think he'll be done at the top level by 28 due to his legs going. He already looks like he's running in cement.

I think his problem is he is just slow. Without Wilf behind him this is even more obvious. Today when he lost the ball he wasn’t even fast enough to get the foul in…

Edited by Reginaldo

24 minutes ago, Incognito said:

He checked out ages ago. He's gave us some wonderful performances but this season, in the main, he's been poor.

Take the money and reinvest.

I have been a big supporter of his but his form and attitude of late has not been up to scratch. Take the money and reinvest in someone who wants to play here. If he is like this now imagine what he will be like in a few years time with more money in a greedy six side. He sets a bad example for the rest of the team. He would fit right in at United. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 2

I've heard some on here call him a fraud!..

Ever since he decided not to sign a new contract his performances have been pretty fraudulent, half hearted and insulting to the integrity of our club. But.... Rodgers must take the blame for playing him in this state of mind. Will he now just give a few of the U23's a chance and not let Tielemans put a Leicester City shirt on again?....

Probably not, because Rodgers hasn't got the guts!

• Like 2

On 08/05/2022 at 16:51, Ian Nacho said:

Never want to see him in a Leicester shirt again if he's not wanting to sign the contract. 

...if he is not wanting to sign a contract!!!

You certainly are a glutton for punishment. I suspect is current contract probably stipulates that he must be played when available and we are liable for fees should he not play at least 60 minutes in a game.

No one wants to watch him going through the motions at the moment, and the fact that he is replicating his Monaco antics is my biggest disappointment with him.

• Like 1

We've had one good season with him and the other seasons we have only seen glimpses.  In France & Monaco he was considered a failure and never really got started.  Our club probably resurrected his career and got people talking about him again, he has re payed the club by refusing to sign a contract and he obviously wants out.  This last year I've just got fed up with him, I know the club wants to keep playing him because if they don't, his value goes down, but as a fan I would prefer to watch players who want to be at our club and give 100% without their head already at another club.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

We've had one good season with him and the other seasons we have only seen glimpses.  In France & Monaco he was considered a failure and never really got started.  Our club probably resurrected his career and got people talking about him again, he has re payed the club by refusing to sign a contract and he obviously wants out.  This last year I've just got fed up with him, I know the club wants to keep playing him because if they don't, his value goes down, but as a fan I would prefer to watch players who want to be at our club and give 100% without their head already at another club.  

Would you want him here for another 3-4 years?

1. We are deliberately playing him to maximise the fee we get for him; if we stick him in the U23s that's just asking for lowball bids only to get him off the books
  2. He doesn't want to be here, and I think is frustrated with the shower we've become recently
  3. Despite the rumours, I'm still not 100% convinced he's a top six player in the EPL. His lack of athleticism or pace surely rules out Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea. He's not a Conte type player so not Spurs either
  4. So then it's only Man U or Arsenal. He is an upgrade on the shite Man U have in the midfield for sure.

He's clearly not happy here and I don't blame him. Playing under Rodgers must feel like being a world class musician and then being put on the triangle. He'll go for £40 million or so and a better manager will utilise his qualities to their fullest.

52 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He's clearly not happy here and I don't blame him. Playing under Rodgers must feel like being a world class musician and then being put on the triangle. He'll go for £40 million or so and a better manager will utilise his qualities to their fullest.

If he was world class he'd be able to play the triangle

• Haha 1

People are forgetting he was considered a failure at Monaco, and has been consistently poor/average for Belgium.

There have been times where he has shown huge glimpses of quality, like the FA Cup final. But overall, he has been average, especially for the fee.

His quality, compared to Fofana for example, is clearly lacking. He's not in that Mahrez/Kante/Vardy bracket that people want to put him in. I'd argue he doesn't even have the consistency of a Fuchs, and definitely not an Ndidi.

But I will also say, Rodgers has to take huge blame for Tielemans and our midfield. You can't be this close to a relegation battle, with the likes of Ndidi/tielemans/Maddison to choose from.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

He's not and never will be a world class player. I can't believe people genuinely think that, to be world class he'd be on the same tier of midfielder as de Bruyne.

I get Rodgers has made mistakes, but it doesn't mean he's to blame for absolutely everything.

Tielemans just looks so unfit, unprepared to run, can't pass straight.

He's not being asked to play the triangle - he's asked to pass the ball, which is supposed to be his biggest strength and keeps giving the ball away.

He's not even been doing the things he's supposed to be strongest at this season, you can't blame "the system" for that.

• 2 weeks later...