Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

19 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

Can we make sure to give him a proper send off tomorrow seen as he’s probably leaving in Summer. 

Well said! It has been an absolute pleasure having a player as talented as Youri playing for us. Really hope that he goes abroad when he leaves as it would be hard to see him playing for another team in the PL.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

Can we make sure to give him a proper send off tomorrow seen as he’s probably leaving in Summer. 

Here here. He leaves Leicester as a legend in my eyes due to his FA Cup final heroics. He bought silverware to the club and has been superb in 2 out of 3 seasons.

He deserves a really good send off tomorrow and hope he gets it, he will from me. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

Absolutely.

Look, if he wants to go, fine, on his day he is worthy of Champions League football. 

I could genuinely see him eased into a Real Madrid midfield to replace their aging players.

He hasn't been at it this season, for whatever reason.

But we've had some glorious moments from him, none more so than arguably the greatest FA Cup Final goal of all time.

Go well, my sweet Prince.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Well said! It has been an absolute pleasure having a player as talented as Youri playing for us. Really hope that he goes abroad when he leaves as it would be hard to see him playing for another team in the PL.

You just know that if he returns with another club he'll get boo'd. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Col city fan

I think he’s a great player and will go on to get better and better.

I’ll be slightly sad when I watch him performing so well for another side, cos I think that’ll happen 

On 10/05/2022 at 14:13, FoxyLeon said:

People are forgetting he was considered a failure at Monaco, and has been consistently poor/average for Belgium.

There have been times where he has shown huge glimpses of quality, like the FA Cup final. But overall, he has been average, especially for the fee.

His quality, compared to Fofana for example, is clearly lacking. He's not in that Mahrez/Kante/Vardy bracket that people want to put him in. I'd argue he doesn't even have the consistency of a Fuchs, and definitely not an Ndidi.

But I will also say, Rodgers has to take huge blame for Tielemans and our midfield. You can't be this close to a relegation battle, with the likes of Ndidi/tielemans/Maddison to choose from.

This is one of the funniest posts I’ve ever seen on FT

On 10/05/2022 at 00:08, don_danbury said:

how good is this guy? i find him hard to judge because he's really only had 1 good season here + that loan spell. i really can't see any big club wanting him unless its for backup. 

If we had been watching him this season playing for another side with the same personal performances in that side that he's had here, with the ambitions we have, if we were linked with him for 35/40m, would we be really keen to sign him?

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It will Col. Some of the stuff he’s been called this season has been out of line. 

He’s out of form but he’s never down tools 

I can only think it's people subconsciously trying to make his inevitable departure easier to take, or simply mistaking him being fairly slow/unathletic as far as top-level midfielders go for a lack of effort.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If we had been watching him this season playing for another side with the same personal performances in that side that he's had here, with the ambitions we have, if we were linked with him for 35/40m, would we be really keen to sign him?

of course not. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Agreed it’s astonishing Mahrez gets a boo, absolute shambles and alongside Vardy one of our best ever players. 

I know, I couldn't understand why Demarai Gray got boo'd at the Everton match. We decided that he wasn't good enough for a top half Premier League team but he didn't do anything to warrant that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

This is one of the funniest posts I’ve ever seen on FT

Why?

Where is the evidence he belongs in the Vardy/Kante/Mahrez bracket?

I guarantee, he never wins a domestic league title in a major league during his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I think he’s a great player and will go on to get better and better.

I’ll be slightly sad when I watch him performing so well for another side, cos I think that’ll happen 

....if it happens it will be a lateral move or to a club as a rotation option!!!

Don't be surprised if he decides to stay.

35 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Why?

Where is the evidence he belongs in the Vardy/Kante/Mahrez bracket?

I guarantee, he never wins a domestic league title in a major league during his career.

I didn’t say he belongs in that bracket. 

To suggest that he’s simply been an average signing ‘for the fee’ is laughable.

This season he’s not been great, but it’s amazing how quickly people forget just how good he has been for us in previous seasons - player of the season and players player of the season last season…

As for the comparison to Ndidi… if you think Tielemans has been bad this season, have you watched Ndidi? 

Given how poor and average he’s been for Belgium he plays pretty much every single game for them and has been captain recently… 

He has also achieved far far more than Fofana ever has, albeit at an older age. 

Fofana is a wonderful talent, but so was Tielemans, and he’s achieved a lot and played at a very high level for most of his time here. 

Tielemans has been below his usual standards this season (certainly not as bad as some make out), but let’s not forget what those standards are. 

Edited by Craig
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if it happens it will be a lateral move or to a club as a rotation option!!!

Don't be surprised if he decides to stay.

Hardly a queue  for his services is there? It would be ironic if he decides to see his contract out and then kicks into top form. Mind you Pogba hasn't so it probably wouldn't happen.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Seeing how much we missed him on Thursday, yes, even on this year’s performances. People moan about not getting the ball forward quick enough, we’ll he’s one of the few that attempts that, even if they don’t all come off and leads to giving the ball away. It’s something we’re going to struggle to replace.

I think people also seem to miss how teams have set up to stop him playing more this season. A few teams have targeted him by doubling up on him, Roma in particular doing it very effectively. Without him they’ll concentrate on stopping other threats, presumably Maddison. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Seeing how much we missed him on Thursday, yes, even on this year’s performances. People moan about not getting the ball forward quick enough, we’ll he’s one of the few that attempts that, even if they don’t all come off and leads to giving the ball away. It’s something we’re going to struggle to replace.

I think people also seem to miss how teams have set up to stop him playing more this season. A few teams have targeted him by doubling up on him, Roma in particular doing it very effectively. Without him they’ll concentrate on stopping other threats, presumably Maddison. 

....I really do not believe it will be difficult to replace him!!!

There are plenty of players highlighted on this forum who can take over his role and give us the consistency we need in that area. Stopping him has always been too easy, just pressure him and you take him out of the game, exert pressure on our team and and he is nowhere to be seen. He is limited by his lack of pace and his stamina does not serve him well.

He is coasting and needs to work on his game, the occasional brilliance does not excuse the average performances he trots out.

• Like 2

Legend.....

He could be a dossers for the rest of his career at another club.

Or be brilliant somewhere else.

I couldn't careless, he scored the winning goal in FA Cup final for us.

He's a Starman forever in my eyes! 

• Like 2