Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Tielemans will be a legend for winning us the FA Cup.

Anyone who thinks he exceeds in legendary status over Mahrez needs to be checked out!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Been pretty average this season but it doesn't change the fact that for 2 and a half years he was one of our greatest ever midfielders. Will go down as a City legend.

Yet again people performing massive revisionism on his 2019-20 season. He was far from one of our greatest ever midfielders that season. Most of us wanted him dropped that season. He’s been excellent for 1.5 seasons from the 3.5 he’s been here, but he’s also had one very mediocre season in 19-20 and one very poor one this season.

He should always be well loved here, but I’m not convinced we’ll miss him that much and certainly nowhere near as much as we have Mahrez.

Although tbh “we’ll miss him” is kind of a silly argument because it depends on whether we get the right replacement in or not. We didn’t miss Chilwell or Maguire because of how well Justin and Soyuncu did. We missed Drinkwater and Kante initially until we later got Ndidi and Tielemans in. We’ve missed Mahrez for years because all our right winger signings have been awful. Missing or not-missing a player is far more about inspired or atrocious signings as replacements more than the player themselves.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't get people with that one. 

Mahrez is 100% a club Legend

I didn’t like how Mahrez got himself away from Leicester. But he’s definitely a legend and one of the best players the club has ever had

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I didn’t like how Mahrez got himself away from Leicester. But he’s definitely a legend and one of the best players the club has ever had

True, but I didn't see many protests from City fans when Fofana was playing up to get his move from AS Saint-Étienne

For 2 seasons he was one of our best players and a major reason we won the FA cup and he’s cemented his status in our history.

That being said i’m not devastated at the prospect of him leaving. I think his reluctance to commit has been a contributing factor to a poor season for the team. Its been a cloud hanging over the team because from whats been said they don’t know anything and are left guessing like the rest of us.

The reluctance has definitely affected his performances, because he doesn’t seem committed to the club his performances have reflected that. At least Mahrez when he was leaving made it abundantly clear he wanted to leave and still performed to maximise interest. This wait and see approach from Tielemans hasn’t worked. 

I wish him the best and hope he fulfils his vast potential. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes - I look at his first touch and his driving forward - I think pep would have don't better to introduce him in to games earlier.

The EPL winning teams needed Fuchs, Shingi , Kevin and even Dannys simpson and drinky - but Ngolo and mahrez were two of the best players  ever to play for us (of course there were others) - to think....  we had vardy, Riyad and ngolo starting games!)

Edited by foxinsocks

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Tielemans will be a legend for winning us the FA Cup.

Anyone who thinks he exceeds in legendary status over Mahrez needs to be checked out!!

Exactly, like Youri, great player, but to even compare him to Mahrez is ridiculous

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Exactly, like Youri, great player, but to even compare him to Mahrez is ridiculous

Does having as much or more legendary status necessarily mean you're a better player? 

Andy King is one of our legends and I don't think anyone would claim he was one of our best ever players.

29 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Not seen youri hand a transfer request in 3 windows in a row. Not heard him state his career has been stalled by playing for Leicester

more to been a very talented player to be legend  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Not seen youri hand a transfer request in 3 windows in a row. Not heard him state his career has been stalled by playing for Leicester

more to been a very talented player to be legend  

Nor has he co-opted depression and suggested he was a slave. 

Mahrez was an excellent, brilliant player but the shite he's spouted is unreal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tielemans strikes me as a class act, both on and off the field. 

I always wish our quality players well when they leave us. From Lineker, Heskey, McCallister, to Maguire, Kanté and even Mahrez.

You can't begrudge it when they want to move on, and it's best just being thankful that we've witnessed their skill and the club have benefitted as a result of their presence.

I wish Youri well wherever he ends up. Thanks for the memories!

• Like 3

We'll be absolutely fine without him. Fantastic player on his day, but he's very inconsistent. Will be interesting to see who goes in for him. He'd fit in well at Arsenal...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Does having as much or more legendary status necessarily mean you're a better player? 

Andy King is one of our legends and I don't think anyone would claim he was one of our best ever players.

Mahrez is both clearly the bigger legend and the better player though.

• Like 1