Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

screw it, i’ll say it. I’m going to miss this guys so damn much. 

it’s been amazing to have him in our team and yes he’s had a bad end on the pitch, but i‘ll still always look out for how he’s getting on and think fondly of him. 

Edited by Lambert09

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Gave away another penalty lol

Summed up his season didn't it?

It's funny... we were elated when he signed permanently and last season he deservedly won player of the season and was superb. This season he has been off his game all season long and now we find ourselves in a position where we won't really be too upset if he leaves.

Will always be welcome thanks to that FA Cup final goal though, and on his day was a delight to see him play.

• Like 2

Guest ttfn

One of the best players we’ve had in the last 20 years. Poor season this time out but at his best he has been an exceptional  player for us.

I suspect his unsung contribution will become very apparent next season. He’s consistently been the only midfielder we’ve had capable of playing the ball into the final third. Those 10-15 yard passes through the centre of the pitch to Maddison/Vardy/Iheanacho have been critical to our style of play and were sorely missing in the Mendy-Ndidi axis under Puel. Even if we shift to a more Liverpool-esque 4-3-3 with the focus on our forwards and with more workmanlike midfielders we will still need somebody to get us up the pitch in the way Henderson does for them.

The Cup Final goal has been done to death, but a goal for the ages and one that writes him into the club’s folklore forever.

Fingers crossed we can keep hold of him, he will be very difficult to replace.

IMO, it is unfair to say his performance is bad because he actaully doing Ndidi job many times. And BR plan is to make him more on defensive side and Maddison on offensive side. No fair to compare him with Madders directly.

• Like 1

His thread he had on here when he was in his way to sign and of cause his FA cup goal, probably one of he biggest orgasms I've ever had, will IMO make him a absolute legend. Shame he's going but we move on, cheers me duck and good luck. :appl:

• Like 1

We NEED to replace him with a CM who can pick out a pass from deep.

I absolutely love KDH but when read people on here say he’s his replacement that wouldn’t see us better our 8th placed finish.

Youri has been well off it this season but the majority of the team have, him not having a fully fit N’Didi hasn’t helped him but if he does leave, I’ll miss his little face and eye of the needle passes that he has offered on numerous occasions.

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

We NEED to replace him with a CM who can pick out a pass from deep.

I absolutely love KDH but when read people on here say he’s his replacement that wouldn’t see us better our 8th placed finish.

Youri has been well off it this season but the majority of the team have, him not having a fully fit N’Didi hasn’t helped him but if he does leave, I’ll miss his little face and eye of the needle passes that he has offered on numerous occasions.

I’d like Ward Prowse at City as I said last summer

9 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

When he wants to be, we can't afford such players I'm afraid 😅

Even a marginally below par Tielemans is a great option…. Would love to keep him

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’d like Ward Prowse at City as I said last summer

Even Southampton fans I know think he’s a Championship footballer whose just great at set-pieces. He’s definitely not a replacement for Tielemans either, he’s not a good passer of the ball and definitely doesn’t have enough vision to play that link up role. Think JWP would get slaughtered by our fans here, most of our fans would hate him.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Even Southampton fans I know think he’s a Championship footballer whose just great at set-pieces. He’s definitely not a replacement for Tielemans either, he’s not a good passer of the ball and definitely doesn’t have enough vision to play that link up role. Think JWP would get slaughtered by our fans here.

Agree. He has no cuteness to his play. He's like a Harry Winks albeit with insanely good set pieces.

He is a premier League standard player, but I don't think he improves us.

Edited by martyn

For all the negative press people have given him this season. Just you wait to see how hard it will be to find a replacement. He has been the conductor for the last three seasons, albeit muted this year. Every successful team has someone who binds the play together. I can only hope the recruitment team have been working overtime to find the next centre mid general. As I think we all recognise that it won't be Soumare.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

For all the negative press people have given him this season. Just you wait to see how hard it will be to find a replacement. He has been the conductor for the last three seasons, albeit muted this year. Every successful team has someone who binds the play together. I can only hope the recruitment team have been working overtime to find the next centre mid general. As I think we all recognise that it won't be Soumare.

This is the Tielemans thread, not the Maddison one :ph34r:

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Madders does not bind us. Unless you think footie is only played in the oppos final third? Which of course it isn't. 

You expected that response. 

Love Youri, but he hasn’t binded shit this season and you know it

• Like 2