Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

36 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Just read he’s given away 4 penalties this season is that right? Christ 

I generally thought it was more tbh. Its his downfall how clumsy he can be and one of main reasons i can never see him being a regular at a top club. Ndidi has the same trait aswell 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Even a marginally below par Tielemans is a great option…. Would love to keep him

We've already had one euphemist (sneakily) upgrade their 'muted' to 'very muted'. Can you confirm you're sticking with 'marginally'? 

As for 'would love to keep him'...

Whenever anyone makes caveat-free 'sell/keep' assertions I always assume there's a certain size offer from another club that would have them wavering. I'm around the "25 million = ambivalence" mark. What amount would have you reconsider whether we should sell or not (doesn't have to be realistic)? 

17 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Whether he leaves or stays next season, he will always be a legend for that F.A Cup Final goal.

️ man.

Whilst I agree I also think that a lot of people on here concentrate on that one moment too much on here. He was consistently brilliant week in week out in 20/21, one of the best individual performances over a season that has happened in a leicester shirt.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Never thought I'd ever say this (and certainly not at the start of this past season)...

But right now, I am much more worried about losing Maddison this summer than Tielemans. 

We need to extend his contract which I think expires in 2024. 

It'd be the first thing I'd do - The lad is exceptional 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

We've already had one euphemist (sneakily) upgrade their 'muted' to 'very muted'. Can you confirm you're sticking with 'marginally'? 

As for 'would love to keep him'...

Whenever anyone makes caveat-free 'sell/keep' assertions I always assume there's a certain size offer from another club that would have them wavering. I'm around the "25 million = ambivalence" mark. What amount would have you reconsider whether we should sell or not (doesn't have to be realistic)? 

Marginally is here to stay…!

I’d only keep if it involved a minimum of a 3 year contract or greater…

Realistically we’d expect to get ~£25m with one year left on his deal…. Only if we get two clubs who are really interested does that get inflated 

You wouldn’t bother for less than £15m (assuming around £6-£7m in wages?)  and his contract would run down, but, I’m sure the money peddlers of our club have worked an equation and have a stick or twist number…

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Marginally is here to stay…!

I’d only keep if it involved a minimum of a 3 year contract or greater…

Realistically we’d expect to get ~£25m with one year left on his deal…. Only if we get two clubs who are really interested does that get inflated 

You wouldn’t bother for less than £15m (assuming around £6-£7m in wages?)  and his contract would run down, but, I’m sure the money peddlers of our club have worked an equation and have a stick or twist number…

I'm sure they have... and I roughly concur with your estimates. But I feel you are being more of a Foxfox than a Wolfox... 

I asked you (or tried to!) what number would really start to shift your 'I'd like him to stay' stance to one of 'thanks for the memories, but more thanks for the moolah'. In other words 'OK, but how much would you like him to stay?'

My assumption is your 'stay' call still applies to that realistic figure of 25 million.

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Just read he’s given away 4 penalties this season is that right? Christ 

Palace and Southampton at home almost identical 

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

This season was a disappointment but Youri still managed to leave us with a couple of beautiful goals for the highlight reel.

He has a lot of miles on his legs at this point in his career and he has another difficult 12 months ahead of him. Any club bringing him in will take a gamble on how long he can keep playing at his current rate— but they are getting a sure bet on a model citizen who won’t be a part of any drama outside the ground. 

During the early days of COVID, Youri very graciously gave his time (along with Ayoze) via Zoom to a group of Leicester fans in NYC when the city was getting rocked by the pandemic. By all accounts from staff I know at the club, he immediately volunteered to be on the call when the opportunity was presented. That hour really lifted the spirits of our group during a difficult time. 

I wish him well wherever he winds up. His goal to win us the FA Cup is one of the greatest moments in our club’s (and the tournament’s) history— anyone who scores a goal like that can leave as a legend, even on the back of a tough year. 

Good luck to him on his next chapter and thanks for some amazing memories.

Well said. When he walked down the tunnel yesterday with his family by his side, potentially for the last time, I did get a lump in my throat. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He won the FA Cup with us and scored the winning goal, surely that makes him a bona fide legend?

Yeah maybe so but I'm thinking Vardy, Morgan, Izzet, Weller and co are legends due to longevity too - spending most their playing careers here or at least the most successful part here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah maybe so but I'm thinking Vardy, Morgan, Izzet, Weller and co are legends due to longevity too - spending most their playing careers here or at least the most successful part here.

Can we only have one legend per position then? 

Weller won nothing with us (I agree he's a legend) and currently Youri's most succesful part of his career is with us.

14 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

....if 50 years time when they are replaying our only F.A. cup win, he is always going to be the name that is mentioned!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if 50 years time when they are replaying our only F.A. cup win, he is always going to be the name that is mentioned!!!

I would like him to stay - I think he will go - but I will never forget that cup final goal.  I had bought a maroon shirt for the final with Tielemans 8 on it from hong kong - it arrived on the sunday

• Like 1

Tielemans has been a good player for us over the few years he has been here and importantly, we have been a good club for him.

There are memories but he never had the majesty that the likes of Kante or Mahrez brought to the midfield in recent times. They say he could well go for £30mn which seems cheap but then when I think on it, he isn't a Kante who went for £32mn or even half of a Mahrez. Thanks for the memories where one will forever endure, the rest probably wont. I really don't see him improving at a club like Arsenal. It could be more a Drinkwater than Kante post City London experience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Whilst I agree I also think that a lot of people on here concentrate on that one moment too much on here. He was consistently brilliant week in week out in 20/21, one of the best individual performances over a season that has happened in a leicester shirt.

True but he will always be remembered for that goal.