Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Absolute nonsense some of the crap written about him on here. He's been immense for us and you'll see how much we'll miss him

The only gone away players I've missed in recent times have been Esteban Cambiasso and N'golo Kante. They had fantastic final seasons, so maybe I cannot get beyond a short termism viewpoint.

Those who had shitty or hissy fit last seasons range from Maguire to Drinkwater onto Mahrez. Don't miss them at all. Tielemans is in that category, way down on the forum player rankings this season. Take away the Southampton dynamic duo and it'd look really bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

I'm sure they have... and I roughly concur with your estimates. But I feel you are being more of a Foxfox than a Wolfox... 

I asked you (or tried to!) what number would really start to shift your 'I'd like him to stay' stance to one of 'thanks for the memories, but more thanks for the moolah'. In other words 'OK, but how much would you like him to stay?'

My assumption is your 'stay' call still applies to that realistic figure of 25 million.

Ah gotcha…. You out wolfed me with your question…!

Without contract ~£20m… Assuming his contract is sorted I’m not sure I’d shift for under £70m….. An entirely unrealistic market valuation (although Maguire went for more)…. Unless we uncover another hidden gem, I think we’ll really miss him next season…. The new shiny things don’t always eclipse what you’ve got….

Everyone one loves an exciting new name though!

Despite his indifferent form, i would love him to stay, even without him signing a contact, that’s is from a pure selfish point of view. He is a very special player and his margins are very fine, a defence splitting pass will only be successful occasionally, but crucially he can see that pass that other don’t see and he keeps trying to make that pass, unfortunately its not quite worked for him this season. My worry, if he does leave, how would we adapt without his skill set?

• Like 1

Top player. A story told about humble footballers involved Ian Ball and Jim Armfield sunday after the 1966 world cup win .After a dinner post match in the hotel where the players insisted their wives were allowed to join them when it wasnt part of the plan the lads drove home to Blackpool in Ballys Jag stopping at Watford Gap services on the M1 for egg and chips !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bazly said:

The only gone away players I've missed in recent times have been Esteban Cambiasso and N'golo Kante. They had fantastic final seasons, so maybe I cannot get beyond a short termism viewpoint.

Those who had shitty or hissy fit last seasons range from Maguire to Drinkwater onto Mahrez. Don't miss them at all. Tielemans is in that category, way down on the forum player rankings this season. Take away the Southampton dynamic duo and it'd look really bad. 

So, by that logic, you won’t miss Vardy or Schmeichel if they have a hissy fit last season before they leave? But you’d probably miss KDH on the back of one decent season? 

Had a brief look at Youri's numbers for this season and was kinda surprised to see that, according to virtually every measure, they're either the same or better than last year. The only decreases were how often he receives the ball (and thus the number of passes and dribbles he makes). Even with less of the ball, his p90 numbers for progressive passes/SCA/goals and assists (both expected and actual) have increased. Even his defensive numbers (tackles/interceptions/pressures) have improved.

Of course the question stands as to why he's getting the ball less, but I feel like Youri's perceived performance may be a victim of our season rather than how he's actually played.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

Had a brief look at Youri's numbers for this season and was kinda surprised to see that, according to virtually every measure, they're either the same or better than last year. The only decreases were how often he receives the ball (and thus the number of passes and dribbles he makes). Even with less of the ball, his p90 numbers for progressive passes/SCA/goals and assists (both expected and actual) have increased. Even his defensive numbers (tackles/interceptions/pressures) have improved.

Of course the question stands as to why he's getting the ball less, but I feel like Youri's perceived performance may be a victim of our season rather than how he's actually played.

Turrns out part of the reason he gets fewer touches and makes more pressures and tackles is likely because we have slightly less of the ball this year compared to last (52.2% vs 54.7%). However, his stat changes are proportionally greater than the possession changes so something else is likely having an impact too.

10 minutes ago, teblin said:

He’s not been as bad as people make out this season.

If he decides to sign a contract tomorrow I’d be more than happy.

Jesus Christ how many games have you actually been too? He's been abysmal, and highlighted more by the top performance he put in at man u.....

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’d rather risk losing him for free and get another season out of him than sell him now for £25m. If he does stay this summer he’ll sign a new contract before leaving next summer. 

Why would he sign a new contract effectively for one season ?  

there would be a huge nett financial loss for him by doing that. 

the only reason would be that there is no interest at the price we’ve set and his offers on a free for next summer aren’t particularly lucrative either 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’d rather risk losing him for free and get another season out of him than sell him now for £25m. If he does stay this summer he’ll sign a new contract before leaving next summer. 

...running down his contract has opened the door to several clubs to show interest!!!

Why would he sign a new contract now, only to leave next summer. If the contract is longer than a year, it will make his fee more expensive and if it is for one year then what is the point.

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why would he sign a new contract effectively for one season ?  

there would be a huge nett financial loss for him by doing that. 

the only reason would be that there is no interest at the price we’ve set and his offers on a free for next summer aren’t particularly lucrative either 

For the exact reasons that, he’ll get more money, and it’ll help the club out too by guaranteeing them a bigger transfer fee. He has a good season and the big clubs are back in for him. It’s how it works and it’s how the club like to operate. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
40 minutes ago, Bert said:

Starting to think this might be the most likely scenario. Not even sure Arsenal are in for him based on what I've heard.

There as been waves that he might sign an xxyear contract, with the idea that he will want "The" move within two years..

and neither club or himself will miss out...

From my side..under £40mill ,we would of lost out on poor internal standard business procedures...

Recruitment group failing massively,on what is our biggest product..:dunno:

57 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

There as been waves that he might sign an xxyear contract, with the idea that he will want "The" move within two years..

and neither club or himself will miss out...

From my side..under £40mill ,we would of lost out on poor internal standard business procedures...

Recruitment group failing massively,on what is our biggest product..:dunno:

So - Why not just repeat this year - he extends his contract from june 23 to june 24 and we increase his wages - then next summer we can do the same or he gets to be sold or he runs down his contract.  Simples

Edited by foxinsocks

He’s not going to extend his contract. Free transfers are infamously the best deals for both player and agent. It’s obvious he wants to leave.

It’s either get a fee this summer or leave on a free next summer.

Why would we give him another contract til next summer and increase his wages without extending his contract? Would be a waste of money for the club and eat into our transfer budget.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Braybrooke’s progress should not be stifled.  He can play youri’s role in a couple years. 

it’s possible the club and agent could come up with a contract with clauses whereby the player doesn’t lose out financially by staying. kicking the tielemans can down the road for a couple years suits us re braybrooke’s development and him having a bit less football next season in a World Cup year. 

I still think him not signing anything is the most likely outcome - a 25m sale this summer or a free next.