Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

8 hours ago, FLAN said:

I think he’s burnt out. Hardly had a rest for years. Summer will do him good but then it’s World Cup in winter again

think he needs a proper break to reset 

...big Wes was playing all year round, Internationals as well as league matches!!!

If you see a player on the verge of burn-out, then as his manager you do something that will alleviate the stress you are putting him under. Either Rodgers was blatantly unaware of any problem, or was aware but chose to put the team ahead of the players welfare.

6 minutes ago, whitlock said:

My mate just sent me this, could be rubbish, might not be, if not goes to show the games he’s played in professionally.

0BC0A367-2520-4B6C-96F6-E20440C84450.jpeg

Youri was playing regular first team football for Anderlecht aged 16, including playing in the UCL

1 hour ago, whitlock said:

My mate just sent me this, could be rubbish, might not be, if not goes to show the games he’s played in professionally.

0BC0A367-2520-4B6C-96F6-E20440C84450.jpeg

First wrong post - Youri’s played exactly 100 professional games less than Vards. 406-306. Just depends how much Vardy has been subbed.

Edit - I’m wrong. 73 of Vardy’s were non-league for Halifax and Fleetwood as quoted on Wikipedia. (There’s no mention of appearances for Stocksbridge.) So it’s 333-306. 

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1

On 24/05/2022 at 21:13, Col city fan said:

I think again, be careful what you wish for. I think it’ll likely only be when Tielemans has gone that people who aren’t big fans of his now, will appreciate what we’ve lost. I’m still hoping he stays.

In the right team, in the right position, with the right supporting players and tactics, he has more to offer. He's not going to get that here with this manager sadly. 

• Like 1

I think his best position is from the middle to the oppositons 18 yd box which maddison covers. I personally think it's like trying to play Gerrard and Lampard together by putting Gerrard as a DCM, it's a waste and not going to work. Think you need to play either maddison or Youri as a 10

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think his best position is from the middle to the oppositons 18 yd box which maddison covers. I personally think it's like trying to play Gerrard and Lampard together by putting Gerrard as a DCM, it's a waste and not going to work. Think you need to play either maddison or Youri as a 10

....Maddison is better than Youri in the #10 spot!!!

Youri functions as an #8 and if he had more pace and could control his passing and more importantly bring some kind of presence to the team in respect of leadership, he would be a priceless asset. His flaws are well documented, not likely to be resolved and means the door is never closed to him staying here.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Agreed and Maddison would be my choice every time. 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed and Maddison would be my choice every time. 

Youri did carry the ball in the middle of the park when he first joined us, I recall his energy levels higher as well but I'm guessing you probably agree it's time for him to move on

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think so for both parties. 

If he wants & decides to stay...

Why then best for both parties..

Also I don't believe we have any comparative problem on the 

either Gerrard or Lampard thoughts..

Maddison & Tielemans have played together also in our good games.

Due to Maddisons injury - return to form,other problems were facing the team,and Rodgers difficulty in finding that balanced 3-4 midfield rolls.

There simply was hardly any consistently of availability for Rodgers

to select,test, & to play with...

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If he wants & decides to stay...

Why then best for both parties..

Also I don't believe we have any comparative problem on the 

either Gerrard or Lampard thoughts..

Maddison & Tielemans have played together also in our good games.

Due to Maddisons injury - return to form,other problems were facing the team,and Rodgers difficulty in finding that balanced 3-4 midfield rolls.

There simply was hardly any consistently of availability for Rodgers

to select,test, & to play with...

By best for both parties I mean if he doesn't want to sign a new deal. If he wanted to commit himself and, after a summer rest recreate his former levels, that's one thing. However, if he doesn't get any interest from anyone significant and he just decided to run his contract down and get a big signing on fee then that's another, mainly because I think we'd just have a not fully committed player on ours hands whose subsequent performances would again be very frustrating. I could foree the fans getting quite  toxic towards him and understandably so. At the first sign of performances mirroring this seasons standards he'd need benching and Rodgers seems to have a reluctance to do that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

By best for both parties I mean if he doesn't want to sign a new deal. If he wanted to commit himself and, after a summer rest recreate his former levels, that's one thing. However, if he doesn't get any interest from anyone significant and he just decided to run his contract down and get a big signing on fee then that's another, mainly because I think we'd just have a not fully committed player on ours hands whose subsequent performances would again be very frustrating. I could foree the fans getting quite  toxic towards him and understandably so. At the first sign of performances mirroring this seasons standards he'd need benching and Rodgers seems to have a reluctance to do that.

But that's pulling someone down on an If ,then building & creating further assumptions...

Why take this course, surely one waits wait to judge, until the actions have completed their course..Building up negatives to make points,just ain't my  thing.  A few seasons ago your posts didn't take this path, I use to enjoy your balanced views..

41 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But that's pulling someone down on an If ,then building & creating further assumptions...

Why take this course, surely one waits wait to judge, until the actions have completed their course..Building up negatives to make points,just ain't my  thing.  A few seasons ago your posts didn't take this path, I use to enjoy your balanced views..

...We can’t be exactly sure the reason for his drop in performances throughout the season!!!

Unless you know that those issues have been resolved, the likelihood is that these issues will manifest themselves again in the coming season.

Anyone in a managerial position surely would be looking ahead, in order to evaluate if his team is capable of meeting the needs, for the goals he is tasked to meet. If there is a weakness, you would then seek to either give extra attention to the position or bring someone in to the position to preserve the integrity of the team. Waiting for the failure to happen, then seeking to correct it, and there are no other options suitable for the role, as you have previously transferred staff to another site or any available staff is not suitably trained for the position, is not an example of good management.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...We can’t be exactly sure the reason for his drop in performances throughout the season!!!

Unless you know that those issues have been resolved, the likelihood is that these issues will manifest themselves again in the coming season.

Anyone in a managerial position surely would be looking ahead, in order to evaluate if his team is capable of meeting the needs, for the goals he is tasked to meet. If there is a weakness, you would then seek to either give extra attention to the position or bring someone in to the position to preserve the integrity of the team. Waiting for the failure to happen, then seeking to correct it, and there are no other options suitable for the role, as you have previously transferred staff to another site or any available staff is not suitably trained for the position, is not an example of good management.

Why should Tielemans be a risk...?

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Everything volpeazzuro said was if and could. Totally reasonable in my opinion. 

I can also see it getting toxic if his levels don't improve. People will inevitably turn despite the many good things he's done for us, it'll be a case of yeah but what have you done for me recently? 

• Like 1

Personally I’d love youri to stay but I can understand the other side too. He really has to make a decision and commit to it. Either decide to go whatever the options on the table or decide to stay and give that a proper go. He has to follow his heart here and there should be no half way house for his sake as much as anybody else’s. 
He probably has something sorted out already and is just negotiating the finer details in which case I wish him all the best and let’s get on with it. COYB 

59 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why should Tielemans be a risk...?

.....Youri, games involved in are 32, penalties conceded 4...!!!

That is also on top of chances given away due to poor passes being intercepted where teams have scored or failed to score due to last ditch defending or Kasper's agility. He continues to replicate the actions and you wonder if it is just that he doesn't care, or he does not know any other way, to execute the relevant actions required in the situations that he finds himself. 

Sticking out a leg in the penalty area, allows the referee the option to find against him, and yet he keeps on doing it, passing the ball in a congested area infront of goal gifting the opportunity to Spurs to score and win a game, a few seconds after they had been gifted an unlikely equaliser.

As I have said, his flaws on and off the ball are well documented, we know he has an exquisite pass within his game, but his shortfalls now have begun to outweigh, the good things that he brings.

• Like 1