Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....Youri, games involved in are 32, penalties conceded 4...!!!

That is also on top of chances given away due to poor passes being intercepted where teams have scored or failed to score due to last ditch defending or Kasper's agility. He continues to replicate the actions and you wonder if it is just that he doesn't care, or he does not know any other way, to execute the relevant actions required in the situations that he finds himself. 

Sticking out a leg in the penalty area, allows the referee the option to find against him, and yet he keeps on doing it, passing the ball in a congested area infront of goal gifting the opportunity to Spurs to score and win a game, a few seconds after they had been gifted an unlikely equaliser.

As I have said, his flaws on and off the ball are well documented, we know he has an exquisite pass within his game, but his shortfalls now have begun to outweigh, the good things that he brings.

Sorry we all make balls ups....( Me less of course...:yesyes: ).  

I dont ,cant go around Collecting names & points...Too early in Tielemans IMO....He like 95% of our players, had a very average season...

no Need to Keep calling the...Spanish-inquisition....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Below is also missing 1,611 minutes that he has played for Belgium in the past 2 seasons

10,135 minutes in Total - equivalent of 112.6 90 minute matches

Not really surprised with how tired and off the pace he has seemed to be this season

Will get properly burnt out before he even reaches 30

several times in this thread I have harped on about how he might want to run his contract down for a big signing on fee and his need for a `rest season' might be one of his reasons. 

Not to say he wont try if he still plays but he is probably well aware of the stress he has put on his body throughout his early start career.

On 23/03/2022 at 19:08, He aint bald said:

wait until he is a free agent, send a few interested clubs his desired contract and catch a slow train to London on a stated morning.

Agent hosts signing on fee auction and the Mrs decides where he is goes from St Pancreas,

Flight to Milan or straight back to Leicester....... with a new contract and 20 million in his pocket.

What will she decide?

I also started the Youri wife in control conspiracy now popular on QAnon

EDIT  The serious point being there is sooo much money to be made on signing on fees and couple this with a nice rest

Edited by He aint bald

43 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Below is also missing 1,611 minutes that he has played for Belgium in the past 2 seasons

10,135 minutes in Total - equivalent of 112.6 90 minute matches

Not really surprised with how tired and off the pace he has seemed to be this season

Will get properly burnt out before he even reaches 30

....the question is why are we allowing him to put his body through this!!!

Some people need protecting from themselves and if the quality of his play has become poor and him to an extent an occasional liability within the team, then we should surely be looking to take that opportunity to rest him. The theory is he needs to be continually played in order for him to maintain his form. I am not buying into that, I feel it is more a case of self preservation.

He just needs stronger management and someone to share the load. Lets see which club is going to be prepared to give him the continuous game time, that is where he will struggle, no big team will give him that assurance.

15 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He’s mentioned he wants Champions League football bla bla bla… If he goes to Arsenal, who finished outside the CL places, in my eyes he will lose a tiny bit of respect.

Same here - particularly in a cluster**** of a schedule next season. Playing every four days to do Europa League 

The issue with Tielemans is people moan if he plays too much football and say that's the reason he's playing crap, then they moan when he doesn't play football and say he's a player who needs to be constantly playing to keep his fitness up to not be playing crap.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The issue with Tielemans is people moan if he plays too much football and say that's the reason he's playing crap, then they moan when he doesn't play football and say he's a player who needs to be constantly playing to keep his fitness up to not be playing crap.

This is a good point. I am somewhat on the fence as I do sort of believe that his physical characterises are similar to when Rooney was playing. If you don’t play, then you rapidly become unfit.

Whilst this is probably true with him, we haven’t helped ourselves. YT has played practically every single game for 2.5 seasons in a Leicester shirt, participated in the European Championship & is essentially first choice CM for Belgium. 

The problem with this is that there is no natural pause for him to recuperate. He has been disappointing this season but I still think that we haven’t helped ourselves / him. There were opportunities to restructure our midfield in specific games, e.g. throw Mendy back in or recall Praet. Rodgers simply ignored this opportunity. 

I would actually go as far to say that the blind loyalty towards Tielemans shown by Rodgers proved to be massively detrimental this season.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

...the only people I hear saying that is Rodgers himself!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the only people I hear saying that is Rodgers himself!!!

When has Rodgers ever said that? Can you please link a quote from Rodgers about that? I don’t remember him ever doing so.

However posters on here say it all the time. Whenever he misses a game then comes back in, you always get loads of posters saying it.

It’s just the way it is. It swings from one extreme to the other depending on the game that just happened.

It’s the same with Ndidi - he either needs to be played to his strengths and is being given too much responsibility in a midfield 2 and always needs to only play as an anchor man in a midfield 3 - or he needs to evolve his game and be played in a midfield 2 to try and improve his passing and ability on the ball rather than placed in an old fashioned position in a midfield 3.

People just always choose whatever the opposite argument is to what’s currently happening to try and make the opposite point that was being made about the same player about 3 weeks previously.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

People just always choose whatever the opposite argument is to what’s currently happening to try and make the opposite point that was being made about the same player about 3 weeks previously.

Can you provide us with some names of those posters you're asserting have done this? Mainly so I can try to understand what it is you're attempting to state using an actual example - because I can't make head nor tail of what this paragraph means :S.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sampson said:

we are creating dumb excuses for our struggling players. one of the most used one is - he lackes confidence. this gets me everytime. 

Edited by tsintskaro

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm on a train with minimal signal so I can't be arsed going and digging around for hours looking through Rodgers pre match interviews but I used to listen to quite a few of them in full. 

What he's said is that Youri is what Rodgers described as a "momentum player" and implied that he needs to play every week to stay in a vain or consistent form. 

In a recent interview before one of the European games he described Kiernan Dewsbury Hall using the same phrase, "momentum" player. 

Like I said, no, I'm not going to go and dig back for the evidence but I'd like to think I'm trustworthy enough that you can trust me not to be pulling this out of my arse. 

Pretty much all of Youri’s time here, Brendan has described him as a momentum player and needs that regular football.

Sadly at the expense of squad players, Youri himself if you ask me.

There are countless interviews where Rodger has said this btw.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm on a train with minimal signal so I can't be arsed going and digging around for hours looking through Rodgers pre match interviews but I used to listen to quite a few of them in full. 

What he's said is that Youri is what Rodgers described as a "momentum player" and implied that he needs to play every week to stay in a vain or consistent form. 

In a recent interview before one of the European games he described Kiernan Dewsbury Hall using the same phrase, "momentum" player. 

Like I said, no, I'm not going to go and dig back for the evidence but I'd like to think I'm trustworthy enough that you can trust me not to be pulling this out of my arse. 

Don't need the evidence I remember the exact same thing. Brendan's first season here he rested Youri for a few games and he was pony coming back. After that he was played just about every game league and cup. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Candidcamera said:

If Tielemans leaves which seems inevitable what about Danny Amos Grimsby. Signed from Sheffield Utd. Excellent in National league playoffs. Also another worth watching Andy Smith young centre back.

Levels to this game and I’m not sure he’s the answer. 

Whilst he might be good, we need someone to hit the ground running.