Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Southampton game was a penalty which youri gave away too, be interested to see goals from open play stat when he’s played this season? 

How many corners did we concede when Fofana was back though? I’m sure we were far better when he was back but I could be wrong lol 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Our defensive problems are mostly down to Rodgers and not individuals. His coaching history shows you he has a poor history with defensive tactics. In a well-organised defence , all our defenders would do a sound job. Our goals conceded stats are well below average for a top team..Is that going to change whilst he's here ? I doubt it.

I think the stats make it absolutely clear it IS down to individuals, though our tactics at corners seem naff as well.

75 goals in 48 games conceded with primarily a Soyuncu/Amartey partnership.

Thats an awful lot of goals shipped for a Premiership side with aspirations of making Europe 

On 11/06/2022 at 04:38, gerblod said:

When I'm watching a tennis GS final, between two equally gifted players, it's the one with the greater self-belief or the greater will to win who will triumph. 

That's not in the endurance or the technique - it's in the brain. 

My ex girlfriend was adamant that a tennis player who believes in god will always win and when questioned on both players believing, she stated that the one who 'believes most in god' will win.

Not sure how this fits into the Youri thread without reading back for context  but the solution for defending corners is simple, 

Put any heathens on the halfway line.

Ask Kasper to embrace the Nordic Aesir sky god culture if neccesary

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, He aint bald said:

My ex girlfriend was adamant that a tennis player who believes in god will always win and when questioned on both players believing, she stated that the one who 'believes most in god' will win.

Not sure how this fits into the Youri thread without reading back for context  but the solution for defending corners is simple, 

Personally; I think blocking runs and behind brave enough to stick your head in where it might get hurt would be a good start. 

4 hours ago, He aint bald said:

.. could her theory be an indication of why she is an ex.. !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. could her theory be an indication of why she is an ex.. !!!

Yes.

But to be fair, it is me who is suggesting it as a City corner defense stratagy, not her.

(She liked leonardo, she thought he was a good catholic boy- I might look her up and ask her opinions on Youri) 

Edited by He aint bald
look up not dig up
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

0255FC18-B05A-47F3-A5D4-07D7A9C6990B.jpeg

Every picture tells a story, but, in this case, these pictures seem to be shorthand for stats - which never tell the whole story. At the root of this is an inability to organise the team to defend free kicks and corners. If players are underperforming or demotivated then questions need to be asked of individuals AND the organisation which is supposed to be motivating and coordinating them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, He aint bald said:

She liked Leonardo, she thought he was a good Catholic boy - I might look her up and ask her opinions on Youri.

My Scottish mate had a godfearing Catholic for a girlfriend. She was Filipino, I think. After every time they shagged, she'd accuse him of leading her off the straight and narrow path and cold shoulder him until she'd been to confession! He's an atheist btw, so I guess he wasn't too bothered about leading her astray. 

Is Tielemans Catholic or Protestant? Do Catholic players have better stats than other players? Brazilians are mostly Catholic. Do we need some Brazilian players?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

My Scottish mate had a godfearing Catholic for a girlfriend. She was Filipino, I think. After every time they shagged, she'd accuse him of leading her off the straight and narrow path and cold shoulder him until she'd been to confession! He's an atheist btw, so I guess he wasn't too bothered about leading her astray. 

Is Tielemans Catholic or Protestant? Do Catholic players have better stats than other players? Brazilians are mostly Catholic. Do we need some Brazilian players?

I'm Catholic and American. The first time Brigham Young University beat Notre Dame, I had an existential crisis!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gerblod said:

Well, my first thought is what goes on in that confession box in churches with a regular flow of Filipinas whspering their sexual exploits - I think this might warrant its own thread in the general section.

As for more catholics, below shows that even the mormons can beat a mixed religious team. We need to pick one religion and stick to it. We already have buddhist monks and Vardyism...... would love some Brazilians if they could convert though

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I'm Catholic and American. The first time Brigham Young University beat Notre Dame, I had an existential crisis!

American....... you kept that on the low, doesnt show in your football language.

I used to watch and post on the Atheist Experience but the comments section is soooo serious and literal, my abstractness and sillyness brought me nothing but grief. 

Too many are wannabe expert theologians and socialologists waffling on about critical thinking abilities. Foxestalk on steriods.

However, we are distracting from Youri. We should be talking about Youri. I still want him if he wants us.

I will start a thread in the general section in the next days, the subject tickles my fancy.........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

American....... you kept that on the low, doesnt show in your football language.

I haven't lived in the States for over 20 years! Met and married my Leicester girl in Rome, and live in Leicester now.

Back to Youri: I think it is actually in his best interest to stay. He probably isn't going to get CL next season, and staying here means just playing just once a week, which will probably help his form and get him his dream move. That being said, I don't see it happening.

• Like 2

I have speculated here till blue in the face, way too much speculating, that Youri might choose to run down his contract and take a years light football and a heavy signing on fee. (The main risks being exclusion and an injury)

Does he really need the pressure of a new team now, and all that effort to prove himself when he has a nice world cup shop window coming up?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2022 at 06:35, Bert said:

I’d rather risk losing him for free and get another season out of him than sell him now for £25m. If he does stay this summer he’ll sign a new contract before leaving next summer. 

Already called this a month ago….

• Like 1

On 13/06/2022 at 15:18, He aint bald said:

I have speculated here till blue in the face, way too much speculating, that Youri might choose to run down his contract and take a years light football and a heavy signing on fee. (The main risks being exclusion and an injury)

Does he really need the pressure of a new team now, and all that effort to prove himself when he has a nice world cup shop window coming up?

Be surprised if the club accept that. Would be falling out territory. One year extention or out the door.

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Be surprised if the club accept that. Would be falling out territory. One year extention or out the door.

How do you get a bloke out of the door if know no one wants to sign him? Cos that’s we are at. Not just with Youri but multiple players 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, l444ry said:

One year extension vs millions banked in an instant  and the chance to play and live in a pretty city like Rome, Naples or Barcelona...... and not smelly London.....if only that damned transfer fee was not so high........ 

Everyone weighs risks to potential gains differently

Lets not add paying players compensation for workplace harassment or unfair dismissal to the equation

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

I thought he lived in Quorn plus defo world cup this winter and then big money next year.Hes welcome to stay

Yes; same house that Gokhan Inler stayed at whilst at the club.

• 4 weeks later...